Edel Array Fitting

Guess who has as an Edel Array putter fitting at 2pm today at GolfTec?
Lets Go GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Looking forward to seeing what you end up in!

GolfTec Tucson

IMG_1893.jpeg

I’m next
IMG_1894.jpeg

So I was the first fitting for the Array as they got the kit three days ago. Started off with basics lie and length.

IMG_1895.jpeg
Then we moved into the actual putters. He asked me to pick the one that fit my eye the best and he threw on an alignment aid he thought I might like the best. He put the mirror on the face and the laser in the hole. Told me to line the face up. He goes that doesn’t happen often. The alignment was perfect. I was pretty shocked. So then I rolled a few putts. Made 4 out of 5 from 7 ft. He said this is not going to take long.😂😂😂

He did see something in my putting that I slightly close the face sometimes. He said let’s get the other laser out. And he showed me the difference on my bad strikes. Then went back to without the laser and made the next five.

Because I like to try everything we then tried the other models and different necks. It’s amazing how it looks like you are aimed correctly but by changing that up you miss so many more. My misses weren’t terrible but not as consistent as the first set up.

So the first set up was it. But now we moved to alignment aids and weights. Tried all the alignment aids, some were really bad for me but finally it came down to two. The original chosen and another. The difference with the original was it did not close the face as much as the next best.

So onto weights and we started moving back and forth with distances to see if the alignment was still there as well as speed control. Finally settled on a weight.

The last thing we did was put my gamer up against this new creation. I made a couple more lag putts with the Array but similar results overall on lags. The stark difference was on the short putts. I made some with my gamer and just missed others. Almost automatic with the Array from 7 ft. Even ones where he thought I might have slightly closed again went in.

The fitter said that was a lot of fun and agreed it’s easier and faster with the new system.

Final result

IMG_1897.jpeg
F1
T alignment
20 gram
72 lie
34.5 inches
Single bend
Edel flat top grip

The look and feel of the putters makes me excited. The customization makes me confident.

Awesome write up and congrats on the new putter!

So I was the first fitting for the Array as they got the kit three days ago. Started off with basics lie and length.

View attachment 9242776
Then we moved into the actual putters. He asked me to pick the one that fit my eye the best and he threw on an alignment aid he thought I might like the best. He put the mirror on the face and the laser in the hole. Told me to line the face up. He goes that doesn’t happen often. The alignment was perfect. I was pretty shocked. So then I rolled a few putts. Made 4 out of 5 from 7 ft. He said this is not going to take long.😂😂😂

He did see something in my putting that I slightly close the face sometimes. He said let’s get the other laser out. And he showed me the difference on my bad strikes. Then went back to without the laser and made the next five.

Because I like to try everything we then tried the other models and different necks. It’s amazing how it looks like you are aimed correctly but by changing that up you miss so many more. My misses weren’t terrible but not as consistent as the first set up.

So the first set up was it. But now we moved to alignment aids and weights. Tried all the alignment aids, some were really bad for me but finally it came down to two. The original chosen and another. The difference with the original was it did not close the face as much as the next best.

So onto weights and we started moving back and forth with distances to see if the alignment was still there as well as speed control. Finally settled on a weight.

The last thing we did was put my gamer up against this new creation. I made a couple more lag putts with the Array but similar results overall on lags. The stark difference was on the short putts. I made some with my gamer and just missed others. Almost automatic with the Array from 7 ft. Even ones where he thought I might have slightly closed again went in.

The fitter said that was a lot of fun and agreed it’s easier and faster with the new system.

Final result

View attachment 9242779
F1
T alignment
20 gram
72 lie
34.5 inches
Single bend
Edel flat top grip

The look and feel of the putters makes me excited. The customization makes me confident.
Awesome write up! Feels like the fitters are enjoying the Array as much as we are.

The T alignment was eye opening for me. Alignment to the target was still there but I was able to be so much more consistent with the face as well

The T alignment was eye opening for me. Alignment to the target was still there but I was able to be so much more consistent with the face as well
@EdelBlake how popular is this T alignment? It’s the one the fitter started with and didn’t like the look but certainly works for. Did he start with it because it fits a lot of people?

@mson and @Wildcat did either of you discuss or try any of the grip counter weights as part of your fitting?

@mson and @Wildcat did either of you discuss or try any of the grip counter weights as part of your fitting?
No, I didn’t get into that at all in my fitting. Now that I think of it, I don’t recall seeing any of the counter weights in the kit when I was looking through everything.

I did not. I currently use the SS flatso which is what I thought I would continue with but the Edel standard flat felt so good I decided on that.

View attachment 9242776

Final result

View attachment 9242779
F1
T alignment
20 gram
72 lie
34.5 inches
Single bend
Edel flat top grip

Solving your short game shortcomings with technology and new putter!

This is what the people want!

Excited for you.

Solving your short game shortcomings with technology and new putter!

This is what the people want!

Excited for you.
6 to 10 ft is the area where I feel like I should make more. Love to test on course

6 to 10 ft is the area where I feel like I should make more. Love to test on course
Same. My shotscoope stats show that’s a bad distance for me.

Sounds like this putter will help you immensely.

Same. My shotscoope stats show that’s a bad distance for me.

Sounds like this putter will help you immensely.
I think that the customization will give me confidence. Knowing that you tried several options and a laser for guidance will allow a true putt without doubts.

#oneshot

I think that the customization will give me confidence. Knowing that you tried several options and a laser for guidance will allow a true putt without doubts.

#oneshot
Confidence in putting is so critical

@EdelBlake how popular is this T alignment? It’s the one the fitter started with and didn’t like the look but certainly works for. Did he start with it because it fits a lot of people?
Just by looking at orders, the T-bar is by far the most popular plate. As to why the fitter started with it, I'd guess personal preference or due to the rising popularity of it in recent years.

Confidence in putting is so critical
It’s amazing. With this fitting you get to see in real time what adjustments to the equipment do. You know the line, it’s shown to you. It’s not a one time putt but plenty of data points over several putts. Your eyes can lie to you. Same putt over and over but the with a putter that fits your eye given alignment and most that don’t. That doesn’t mean that you won’t make it with one that doesn’t, but the odds go down. I think most golfers can see the putt but fail on execution. Three things can fail. Bad alignment, bad read or bad swing. This system eliminates one of those variables in my opinion.

Just by looking at orders, the T-bar is by far the most popular plate. As to why the fitter started with it, I'd guess personal preference or due to the rising popularity of it in recent years.
Does not surprise me

I will say this. Before my lesson the guy before me was getting a lesson. Seemed like his stroke was good but could not make a putt. Had the laser and was working on his shoulders. But in the end could not match up his eyes to the laser.

I wanted to say something but did not

I will say this. Before my lesson the guy before me was getting a lesson. Seemed like his stroke was good but could not make a putt. Had the laser and was working on his shoulders. But in the end could not match up his eyes to the laser.

I wanted to say something but did not
Couldn’t ask for a better candidate for the array.

View attachment 9242776

Final result

View attachment 9242779
F1
T alignment
20 gram
72 lie
34.5 inches
Single bend
Edel flat top grip

Great writeup! I think the confidence part is the real story here for me. They also look amazing which doesn't suck at all!

I'm so stoked to go through the fitting process for these putters. I'm really curious to see how much we can improve on my gamer.

Great recap. I want to go through one of these fittings and get one, but I've been putting really well with my current putter lately and part of me says don't fix what ain't broken... but new toy! :ROFLMAO:

Back