Edel Array Fitting

The more I had it in hand the more I fell in love with the shape. They're all great looking putters, but I like the way the F-3 looks with the alignment inserts the best I think.
I agree that they are all great looking putters. Something about the F-3 edges out the other two mallets in looks for my eye.

I need to do this, my putting is my biggest weakness, especially when I'm leaving myself way too short & turning long 2 putts into 3 putts.

Fitting scheduled for tomorrow early afternoon! Pretty excited!

Fitting scheduled for tomorrow early afternoon! Pretty excited!
Resist the urge to look to see where the laser shows your aim, and don’t let the fitter clue you in. When you see it, it’s hard to resist trying to manipulate and overcorrect rather than just letting the fitter find the combo you can most naturally point on the target line.

Had my Edel Array putter fitting today at the local Golftec. I think I am their first Array fitting customer. They charge $95 for the fitting. Overall it was an okay experience.

We started with the blade B-1, and I was hoping to get to try the top dot and flange line alignment heads. However, for whatever reason, they only have the flange line blade head. I don’t know if that’s normal or not, but the guy wasn’t even familiar with there being a sight dot option, which also was a head scratcher to me.

Anyway, I consistently missed with the B-1 to the right of the hole. I told him I’ve been playing 35” putters for a while, and he thought that length looked okay for me.

We moved on to the laser with the B-1, and I was aiming quite a bit left of target. I was guessing my aim bias was going to be right because of some recent tendencies I’ve noticed. I was totally wrong! Since there was really nothing left to try with the blade, we moved on to the mallets. My eye prefers the F-3 then F-2 then F-1. I actually barely even hit the F-1. We tried the different alignment plates, and nothing really pulled my aim more right towards the “hole” when trying blank, 3 dots, 1 line, 2 lines and 3 lines. I was getting concerned. 😅 Finally tried the T alignment, and by this time, he had me in the F-2 with slant neck. Boom! Hit the hole or damn close 3 times in a row. We switched back to the F-3, kept the slant neck and T alignment, and the results were good again.

I hit some putts with that setup from the same distance that I started the fitting at, and the right miss was reduced. And I drained a couple this time. I started trying different distances, and overall I was gaining confidence with that setup. I wish the fitting green was a little nicer and bigger, but it was adequate for fitting purposes.

I can’t remember if it was before or after this, but the fitter put a string on the green to have me putt towards it to test distance control. It was around 10 feet away. The point of that test was to determine if the head weight should be adjusted. Based on the putts I hit, he determined the standard 15g weights were fine for me.

At one point I asked about ball position and my own setup. He was nice enough to bring out a mirror setup, and I learned I’ve gotten way farther away from the ball than I ever intended. When I adjusted and got my eyes over the ball more, it felt like I was crowding the ball. I felt like I needed to start the fitting over. 😂 In all seriousness, I’ve been pondering getting a mirror, and now I know why!

I asked him about grips, and he showed me some options. I was most curious about the round options. They don’t feel as awkward in hand as I assumed they would. I wish I could have tried a round grip in a putter though.

I asked him to let me compare the F-2 and F-3 with the T plate one more time. This time, I did a little better with then F-3 than the F-2.

So, as much as I wanted the blade, it really didn’t make sense from the results. My second choice based on looks alone was the F-3, though, so I’m glad there was nothing lacking from it for me when it comes to comfort and performance. I agree with everyone else saying these putters feel great, and I’m excited to get my Array F-3 with slant neck and T alignment aid in the bag in May at the Quest Cup!! I will likely go with the standard round grip because it really has me curious if I can benefit from it.

IMG_1244.jpeg
IMG_1245.jpeg
IMG_1246.jpeg

Had my Edel Array putter fitting today at the local Golftec. I think I am their first Array fitting customer. They charge $95 for the fitting. Overall it was an okay experience.

We started with the blade B-1, and I was hoping to get to try the top dot and flange line alignment heads. However, for whatever reason, they only have the flange line blade head. I don’t know if that’s normal or not, but the guy wasn’t even familiar with there being a sight dot option, which also was a head scratcher to me.

Anyway, I consistently missed with the B-1 to the right of the hole. I told him I’ve been playing 35” putters for a while, and he thought that length looked okay for me.

We moved on to the laser with the B-1, and I was aiming quite a bit left of target. I was guessing my aim bias was going to be right because of some recent tendencies I’ve noticed. I was totally wrong! Since there was really nothing left to try with the blade, we moved on to the mallets. My eye prefers the F-3 then F-2 then F-1. I actually barely even hit the F-1. We tried the different alignment plates, and nothing really pulled my aim more right towards the “hole” when trying blank, 3 dots, 1 line, 2 lines and 3 lines. I was getting concerned. 😅 Finally tried the T alignment, and by this time, he had me in the F-2 with slant neck. Boom! Hit the hole or damn close 3 times in a row. We switched back to the F-3, kept the slant neck and T alignment, and the results were good again.

I hit some putts with that setup from the same distance that I started the fitting at, and the right miss was reduced. And I drained a couple this time. I started trying different distances, and overall I was gaining confidence with that setup. I wish the fitting green was a little nicer and bigger, but it was adequate for fitting purposes.

I can’t remember if it was before or after this, but the fitter put a string on the green to have me putt towards it to test distance control. It was around 10 feet away. The point of that test was to determine if the head weight should be adjusted. Based on the putts I hit, he determined the standard 15g weights were fine for me.

At one point I asked about ball position and my own setup. He was nice enough to bring out a mirror setup, and I learned I’ve gotten way farther away from the ball than I ever intended. When I adjusted and got my eyes over the ball more, it felt like I was crowding the ball. I felt like I needed to start the fitting over. 😂 In all seriousness, I’ve been pondering getting a mirror, and now I know why!

I asked him about grips, and he showed me some options. I was most curious about the round options. They don’t feel as awkward in hand as I assumed they would. I wish I could have tried a round grip in a putter though.

I asked him to let me compare the F-2 and F-3 with the T plate one more time. This time, I did a little better with then F-3 than the F-2.

So, as much as I wanted the blade, it really didn’t make sense from the results. My second choice based on looks alone was the F-3, though, so I’m glad there was nothing lacking from it for me when it comes to comfort and performance. I agree with everyone else saying these putters feel great, and I’m excited to get my Array F-3 with slant neck and T alignment aid in the bag in May at the Quest Cup!! I will likely go with the standard round grip because it really has me curious if I can benefit from it.

View attachment 9249535
View attachment 9249536
View attachment 9249537
The F-3 looks so good! The milling work and detail really is incredible on these putters.

Interesting you were consistently missing right in the beginning, but had left aim bias once on the laser.

The F-3 looks so good! The milling work and detail really is incredible on these putters.

Interesting you were consistently missing right in the beginning, but had left aim bias once on the laser.
“Special“ skills 😂

Spoke to a fitter today who used to work a lot with Edel putters.

He told me that if the customer was fit correctly it was the last putter they ever needed to buy from him.

He laughed and told me about a client that still sends him Christmas cards ten years after he fit him into an Edel putter.

He was both happy for the customer and sad for his business.

He told me that if the customer was fit correctly it was the last putter they ever needed to buy from him.

He laughed and told me about a client that still sends him Christmas cards ten years after he fit him into an Edel putter.

Haha. Worked himself out of more business 👍🏼😂

that's awesome. I want to be fit by that guy!

@hedley_lamarr08… we should do this….

@hedley_lamarr08… we should do this….
Make sure you block enough time to fit for length and lie as well if you haven’t already been.

Make sure you block enough time to fit for length and lie as well if you haven’t already been.
I have but good to know. Was hoping to hold off until I can get to HQ since I’ll likely visit family out there this year but hearing the good stuff here Im not sure I want to wait.

Back