Just got home from the fitting. I didn’t get to a chance to really snap any pictures as we were moving through a bunch of stuff rather quickly it felt a little awkward to ask him to hold on while I take pictures, but I’ll start off by saying the fitting process with the Array is pretty awesome. I was the first Array fitting for this location so I’m sure they’re just getting into the swing of it, but overall it went smoothly and the fitter was knowledgeable around Edel’s fitting philosophy. I spent about 40ish minutes going through the bulk of the fitting and then spent 15-20 minutes generally talking about the Array putters, the Quest Cup, and GolfTec. This was my first putter fitting and it was a lot of fun doing it around the Arrays with so much customization.

My fitter started me off with my current gamer. I took 6 putts from about 15 ft so he could assess my putting stroke, distance control and miss. Nothing too crazy - slight arc in my stroke and tend to miss short and right. He did mention I tend to stab at the ball at impact and should squeeze in more putting practice :(, which is true. Once he had a good baseline, it was on to the Arrays.

Fitting for aim bias with the laser was pretty eye opening and a great process to go through. I may or may not have been like 4-5” off on my aim initially from not THAT far away :ROFLMAO:, which certainly explains my right miss. After playing around with sight lines and heads, that laser was right on target. The magnetic sight lines is just one of few areas where the Array system really shined. Being able to swap out the sight lines from blank to lines to dots in a matter of seconds and see how it impacted my aim was pretty cool. It was a little harder to do with the B-1 since they only had one head available and it doesn’t have the magnetic sight lines. My fitter just set the plates on the back of the blade just for the purpose of the laser to see how it changed my aim and it seemed to work out. I will say it would have been nice if they had both the dot and line for the B-1, but we made it work. The aim bias portion is where we sort of narrowed in on a head that gave me the best result.

We didn’t go through every hosel combination as my fitter narrowed in on what he felt I needed based on my initial assessment, but we did play around with head weight next. We started at the standard 15g weights, I’d take 6 putts, and we‘d assess the miss. From there, adjust the head weight, another 6 putts and repeat until we got the results we wanted. I always find it amazing how small changes in head weight are so noticeable and make such a huge impact.

As a final step, he brought out the different grip options. The fitting was done entirely on the flat standard grip, but I got to hold and feel the round standard and round slim as well. Round was definitely an interesting feel and certainly different from what I’ve normally used. Since it wasn’t on the club, it was hard to tell how it would feel when actually putting.

At this point, we finalized my specs and I just asked for some free time to putt around and get a better feel for these putters. As we’ve all seen from the pictures, these putters look fantastic. The milling work is incredible and the feel off of the face is great. Nice soft feel, solid sound and rolls well. As if I wasn’t already excited, this fitting has me even more excited to get one in the bag in a few months.

I really am impressed with the Arrays and how easily customizable they are on the spot. There are obviously a lot of different combinations you can make with the Array and the speed at which my fitter was able to change out different variables to create a new spec was incredible. Think about how easy it is in a driver fitting to swap shafts, move weight, adjust the sleeve, etc. and apply all of that to the putter - you get the Array. Although I was my fitters first Array fitting, he did say this Array fitting kit made it much simpler to work with to dial in the fit.

As for which putter I was fit into….you’ll have to tune in to the live thread once I have it in hand :)

Just got home from the fitting. I didn’t get to a chance to really snap any pictures as we were moving through a bunch of stuff rather quickly it felt a little awkward to ask him to hold on while I take pictures, but I’ll start off by saying the fitting process with the Array is pretty awesome. I was the first Array fitting for this location so I’m sure they’re just getting into the swing of it, but overall it went smoothly and the fitter was knowledgeable around Edel’s fitting philosophy. I spent about 40ish minutes going through the bulk of the fitting and then spent 15-20 minutes generally talking about the Array putters, the Quest Cup, and GolfTec. This was my first putter fitting and it was a lot of fun doing it around the Arrays with so much customization.

My fitter started me off with my current gamer. I took 6 putts from about 15 ft so he could assess my putting stroke, distance control and miss. Nothing too crazy - slight arc in my stroke and tend to miss short and right. He did mention I tend to stab at the ball at impact and should squeeze in more putting practice :(, which is true. Once he had a good baseline, it was on to the Arrays.

Fitting for aim bias with the laser was pretty eye opening and a great process to go through. I may or may not have been like 4-5” off on my aim initially from not THAT far away :ROFLMAO:, which certainly explains my right miss. After playing around with sight lines and heads, that laser was right on target. The magnetic sight lines is just one of few areas where the Array system really shined. Being able to swap out the sight lines from blank to lines to dots in a matter of seconds and see how it impacted my aim was pretty cool. It was a little harder to do with the B-1 since they only had one head available and it doesn’t have the magnetic sight lines. My fitter just set the plates on the back of the blade just for the purpose of the laser to see how it changed my aim and it seemed to work out. I will say it would have been nice if they had both the dot and line for the B-1, but we made it work. The aim bias portion is where we sort of narrowed in on a head that gave me the best result.

We didn’t go through every hosel combination as my fitter narrowed in on what he felt I needed based on my initial assessment, but we did play around with head weight next. We started at the standard 15g weights, I’d take 6 putts, and we‘d assess the miss. From there, adjust the head weight, another 6 putts and repeat until we got the results we wanted. I always find it amazing how small changes in head weight are so noticeable and make such a huge impact.

As a final step, he brought out the different grip options. The fitting was done entirely on the flat standard grip, but I got to hold and feel the round standard and round slim as well. Round was definitely an interesting feel and certainly different from what I’ve normally used. Since it wasn’t on the club, it was hard to tell how it would feel when actually putting.

At this point, we finalized my specs and I just asked for some free time to putt around and get a better feel for these putters. As we’ve all seen from the pictures, these putters look fantastic. The milling work is incredible and the feel off of the face is great. Nice soft feel, solid sound and rolls well. As if I wasn’t already excited, this fitting has me even more excited to get one in the bag in a few months.

I really am impressed with the Arrays and how easily customizable they are on the spot. There are obviously a lot of different combinations you can make with the Array and the speed at which my fitter was able to change out different variables to create a new spec was incredible. Think about how easy it is in a driver fitting to swap shafts, move weight, adjust the sleeve, etc. and apply all of that to the putter - you get the Array. Although I was my fitters first Array fitting, he did say this Array fitting kit made it much simpler to work with to dial in the fit.

As for which putter I was fit into….you’ll have to tune in to the live thread once I have it in hand :)
That is totally awesome.
Please start a thread titled Edel Array Fitting so even more see it and copy and paste.

That is a fun read

So I was the first fitting for the Array as they got the kit three days ago. Started off with basics lie and length.

View attachment 9242776
Then we moved into the actual putters. He asked me to pick the one that fit my eye the best and he threw on an alignment aid he thought I might like the best. He put the mirror on the face and the laser in the hole. Told me to line the face up. He goes that doesn’t happen often. The alignment was perfect. I was pretty shocked. So then I rolled a few putts. Made 4 out of 5 from 7 ft. He said this is not going to take long.😂😂😂

He did see something in my putting that I slightly close the face sometimes. He said let’s get the other laser out. And he showed me the difference on my bad strikes. Then went back to without the laser and made the next five.

Because I like to try everything we then tried the other models and different necks. It’s amazing how it looks like you are aimed correctly but by changing that up you miss so many more. My misses weren’t terrible but not as consistent as the first set up.

So the first set up was it. But now we moved to alignment aids and weights. Tried all the alignment aids, some were really bad for me but finally it came down to two. The original chosen and another. The difference with the original was it did not close the face as much as the next best.

So onto weights and we started moving back and forth with distances to see if the alignment was still there as well as speed control. Finally settled on a weight.

The last thing we did was put my gamer up against this new creation. I made a couple more lag putts with the Array but similar results overall on lags. The stark difference was on the short putts. I made some with my gamer and just missed others. Almost automatic with the Array from 7 ft. Even ones where he thought I might have slightly closed again went in.

The fitter said that was a lot of fun and agreed it’s easier and faster with the new system.

Final result

View attachment 9242779
F1
T alignment
20 gram
72 lie
34.5 inches
Single bend
Edel flat top grip

The look and feel of the putters makes me excited. The customization makes me confident.

Really enjoying working with the F-1, still need to extend the shaft/neck I have, curious to see how the F-2 compares as well.

I will say, I think the feel is excellent, and the roll is as pure as I’d expect. The finish factor is just staggeringly good.

Really enjoying working with the F-1, still need to extend the shaft/neck I have, curious to see how the F-2 compares as well.

I will say, I think the feel is excellent, and the roll is as pure as I’d expect. The finish factor is just staggeringly good.
I really enjoyed the look of the F1. It was instant love.

This is so insanely well done.

No surprise the finish factor is great. Edel always nails that one imho.

These putters look great!

I’m very curious how they feel. Been playing a putter with a fairly soft insert for a while now and am curious how it compares.

Well hello.

IMG_6298.jpeg

Extended the shaft I have to get to my fit 35.5 length using a retrofit All-In, so I’ll be using that in the F1 for 9 and then the F2 for 9 either tomorrow or on Wednesday!

If there are any specific questions you want answered during testing, be sure to post them up and I’ll do my best to answer thoroughly!

If there are any specific questions you want answered during testing, be sure to post them up and I’ll do my best to answer thoroughly!
Distance control would be my main curiosity. Did you go with a heavier weight setup?

Distance control would be my main curiosity. Did you go with a heavier weight setup?
It’s currently set at standard, but I have the full fitting kit so that can be changed

It’s currently set at standard, but I have the full fitting kit so that can be changed
Are you going to use the same configuration between the two different heads, or are are you going to go different set ups for the hosel, sight and weights?

Do what works for you I'm still curious about distance control as that's one of my main struggling points. I was fit into a heavier weight setup for the Quest Cup. I've got something close that I was thinking about putting into play or getting a weight kit for my gamer to see if I can get it close, just so I have something to practice with before the event.

Are you going to use the same configuration between the two different heads, or are are you going to go different set ups for the hosel, sight and weights?
I have one neck for the putters, so bend for both.

Weights will be what I was fit to in my EAS for familiarity.

Alignment will be based on the laser for each head.

Back