GG goes to 'The Oven' at Colonial

Re: GG goes to 'The Oven' at Colonial

Yup it's Tim Love. Everything was very good although I wasn't brave enough to try the rattle snake rabbit sausage.

We are on our way back to the hotel now. I am so tired and my feet are killing me from all the walking I can't wait tolay in bed.

This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Nike truly outdid themselves. It was first class all the way.

They are giving everyone who came a method putter of our choice made to our specs. Just amazing!

Is it Tim Love?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yup it's Tim Love. Everything was very good although I wasn't brave enough to try the rattle snake rabbit sausage.

We are on our way back to the hotel now. I am so tired and my feet are killing me from all the walking I can't wait tolay in bed.

This was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Nike truly outdid themselves. It was first class all the way.

They are giving everyone who came a method putter of our choice made to our specs. Just amazing!

holy smokes!!!! that sounds incredible. just make sure that your specs are as follows: left handed, method #3, 35'' long, that shouldn't be too tough for them. if you want to have TC stamped on the bottom that would be cool too.

nah, that's awesome GG! i'm glad you had a great time today and i'm glad that the folks at nike took such great care of you.

Wow they really took care of you folks!! Enjoy your custom putter, and looking forward to the write up.

that is so cool GG! enjoy your new putter!

GG goes to 'The Oven' at Colonial

Un effing beliveable!!! Congrats GG, that is an awesome move by Nike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So not only did you get to tour The Oven you got a custom Method putter?!? I'm so jealous GG! That is so cool! Congrats on a great gift!!

Wow, congrats GG! How cool to have a custom Method?!!!

Very cool GG! A custom putter to your specs??? Thats very cool of Nike!

I should clarify because I was typing fast yesterday it's not 100% to my specs because we didn't go through a fitting but we were able to give our preferences on what we like, length, ect...and they will do that. Sorry for the confusion. That's what I get for typing fast when I am exhausted.

Good thing you're shorter than JB otherwise this one might go missing upon your return to FL!
I should clarify because I was typing fast yesterday it's not 100% to my specs because we didn't go through a fitting but we were able to give our preferences on what we like, length, ect...and they will do that. Sorry for the confusion. That's what I get for typing fast when I am exhausted.

Just get the mallet version and that should be safe from JB! He likes the blade one more I think lol

Good thing you're shorter than JB otherwise this one might go missing upon your return to FL!

Unless she called to ask her length and he said 35". hehehe

Haha, luckily they are ordering it and then shipping it to us. I don't know what I would do if I had to take it with me on the plane haha.

Just get the mallet version and that should be safe from JB! He likes the blade one more I think lol

I did get the mallet lol! I picked the 005 it's similar in look to my current putter. I find this look much more visually appealing.

Unless she called to ask her length and he said 35". hehehe

Sucks for him that I need a 33" putter. They said I could even go 32". The 35" putters are practically belly putters for me.

Sucks for him that I need a 33" putter. They said I could even go 32". The 35" putters are practically belly putters for me.

Do they make a 31"? Spank wants to know......

Well, I am sitting in my hotel room waiting for the driver to come pick me up and taking me to the airport. I figured I have some time now so I will try and give everyone a complete run down of my week. First, let me just say that this was one of the most amazing experiences and I am so grateful to Nike for putting this all together. They went above and beyond and really made this a great trip for everyone. I also got to meet some great people in the industry.

So, Wednesday night everyone met for dinner at Shula's and we enjoyed a delicious meal. Everyone got along great and we had lots of laughs. This was a great ice breaker and really made everyone feel relaxed. Well, that and I had 2 glasses of wine which made me very relaxed haha. We went over the agenda for Thursday and Nike really thought of every detail. They had vouchers for us for breakfast and a shuttle to pick us up in the morning and take us right over to The Colonial. They also had tickets for all of us to view the event and really gave us a lot of freedom to just walk around and enjoy ourselves. I had media credentials that were left for me at Will Call so I had to stop by there to pick those up. Little did I know that Will Call was over a mile away from where we were dropped off. This is a BIG course and everything is incredibly spread out. So I had to leave my camera bag, walk the 1+ mile to Will Call and then walk back to get my camera. It was a long walk but I finally picked everything up and was off to take pictures.

I was bummed that I didn't have my camera when walking to get my media credentials because I ended up missing some awesome pictures. Ryan Moore was practicing his sand shots and I would have loved to have snapped a picture. The worst part is that I never saw him again so I didn't get to take any pictures of him. I did get some amazing pictures and those will be up in separate threads when I get home. I will try and work on that on the plane so I can get them up tonight if possible.

This is an absolutely beautiful course with lots of trees and an real old charm to it. The range is really small I was a bit surprised about that but the practice green was top notch. It was funny watching all the PGA Tour guys driving around in golf carts to get to the range or practice green. I saw John Daly out there and I got the picture I have been waiting 2 years for....PHIL!!!! He was paired with Y.E. Yang who was wearing a long sleeved shirt under his short sleeved shirt which was just crazy because it was 94* out there! He was just as nice as the last time I met him and he stopped to sign autographs for everyone. I have some pics of that to put up later.

One of the highlights of the day was being able to tour the CBS compound. I got to watch them get ready to go on air, it was such a cool experience I should have video taped it but I totally forgot, I was in such awe. I also got to meet David Feherty and try something his wife baked, she knows her way around the kitchen. He was really funny and very nice. It's funny listening to what they say right before they go on air. The whole process is just awesome.

After the tournament we had a shuttle back to the hotel so we could get ready for our trip to 'The Oven'. When you first pull up there isn't really a sign or anything they keep it pretty private. The facility is remarkable. It's 50,000 square feet filled with the state of the art machinery and equipment. Nike really puts a lot of passion into everything that they do and they run a tight and organized ship and it was really fun to see. I have lots of video that I shot from there as well as picture and I will have those posted later. We also got to play around on their putting green and as mentioned we are all getting our own Method putter.

If you have any questions about this trip, the players, the golf course and tournament, or the Oven please don't hesitate to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Once again I just want to give a HUGE thanks to Nike Golf for putting this whole thing together. Wow, what an experience!

If you have any questions about this trip, the players, the golf course and tournament, or the Oven please don't hesitate to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

yes...Can I go next year? lol.

Great mini-review GG. Sounds like Nike really knows how to entertain and keep themselves and their athletes near the top of the golfing world!

Great mini-review GG. Sounds like Nike really knows how to entertain and keep themselves and their athletes near the top of the golfing world!

They really do, they have a lot of pride in their product and their name and the passion behind it really shows when you meet everyone. They really love what they do and believe in their product. They are also very funny. Tom Stites was one of our tour guides and he is hilarious.

Sounds like it was a great time GG. I look forward to seeing all the pics from this experience!

The whole trip sounds amazing. I imagine JB is jealous(like the rest of us). Nike sounds first class all the way, starting with the welcome package, and ending with a new method putter. Not to mention the inside access and the fine cuisine. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Glad you had a wonderful time GG. For all you do here at THP you definately deserve perks like this!!!

I second that! Can I go pleeeaaaase? :D

They really do, they have a lot of pride in their product and their name and the passion behind it really shows when you meet everyone. They really love what they do and believe in their product. They are also very funny. Tom Stites was one of our tour guides and he is hilarious.

I was going to ask if you got to meet Tom Stites. That would be a highlight for me to meet 'the man behind the curtain" as it were. Sounds like a great experience!

Back