Ok lesson 2 today was really good. Had been gone on vacation and hadn’t spent much time with club in hand over the last 10 days other than some sim time on Monday.

Video proved that OTT didn’t mysteriously go away. Worked on take away position of hands and club head. Then added club on the ground to match club and lead arm to on the back swing. With club angled back at about 20°. Then work on swinging club around the body with body rotation. I’ve always initiated swing with shoulders. At first the takeaway feels way inside but with good shoulder and hip rotation it’s actually really good. My old take away had to much rolling of wrists. Got close to getting club coming from the inside during the lesson. Spent a little extra time hitting balls after lesson and working on drill as Blake was doing his work on computer doing lesson analysis and drills. While this was going on I worked at getting club in position on down swing by doing a double pump drill feeling hands dropping then swinging around body with rotation. He watched from behind and said that this was solving the OTT and path issue.

Blake was very pleased with the progress we’ve made in only a couple lessons.

Anyone wondering if the evaluation and lessons are worth while I’m here to say absolutely. We discussed the YouTube rabbit hole after lesson. I’m not saying that there is not a ton of great info on you tube. There are some great instructors and some great info. The only problem is the info right for yours or my swing style and faults. I’ve wasted 100s of hours of not thousands trying to fix my game. Bandaid after bandaid and never a cure. This is the 1st time that I’ve ever seen an actual light at the end of the tunnel that wasn’t attached to the train getting ready to derail what I thought I had fixed.

Went to range after lesson and worked on the motion and feel that we found. Work with wedge 7 iron and driver. Looks like we found something that works and makes since to me. When done properly it blends arms swing with body rotation. I will admit that I stayed to long. Hit to many balls to the point that I got tired. When that happens old habits try to come back into swing. From now on I’ll limit range time and mix in wedge work at short game area.
Will work on drills and repetition of swing at the range over the next few weeks then schedule my next lesson.

I did golftec lessons for a few seasons here in Louisville and learned a lot.
Given that I won’t be joining a club in Nashville when I move there (at least not soon), I might be looking into golftec again to stay sharp over the next fall/winter

Given that I won’t be joining a club in Nashville when I move there (at least not soon), I might be looking into golftec again to stay sharp over the next fall/winter
Listen to this man @JDax

When are you moving to Nashville?

Fall ish?

No set timetable yet, but the plan is to get down there this year, as it will be the central spot of my territory.
Well let me know…

Well let me know…
Ken Jeong Yes GIF by The Masked Singer

Really enjoying the practice sessions with the camera system. Coach just points me to a bay and lets me have at it. Is available for questions, but stays away and lets me learn and critique myself. Took a video of the video since practice doesn't show up in account for review.

View attachment 20240327_162942.mp4

Think it's getting better and we briefly discussed packages. Took a picture of the price sheet with all the options. Fridays lesson is up in the air, but said I could call tomorrow when I know for sure and push it to Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:
Random question for you golftec-ers, how important is it to do the swing evaluation at the same location/the same instructor as you’d do lessons with? I’m moving in a couple months and am itching to do a swing evaluation, but don’t know if I should wait until I’m settled at a “home” golftec
I’d wait, the swing eval is a good chance to seek you click with the coach.

Really enjoying the practice sessions with the camera system. Coach just points me to a bay and lets me have at it. Is available for questions, but stays away and lets me learn and critique myself. Took a video of the video since practice doesn't show up in account for review.

View attachment 9252051

Think it's getting better and we briefly discussed packages. Took a picture of the price sheet with all the options. Fridays lesson is up in the air, but said I could call tomorrow when I know for sure and push it to Monday or Tuesday.
Swing looks good

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
I am still working on hands way behind me and hands close to hips at impact. Such a hard move for me.

How is the GolfTec in Louisville? I’m about 5 minutes down the road from the one on Shelbyville Rd and have considered getting some lessons there. I have started to get my game going in the right direction on my own, just think I need a lesson to push me over the edge. Never had a lesson before but always have considered it.

How is the GolfTec in Louisville? I’m about 5 minutes down the road from the one on Shelbyville Rd and have considered getting some lessons there. I have started to get my game going in the right direction on my own, just think I need a lesson to push me over the edge. Never had a lesson before but always have considered it.
It’s different coaches than when I was there a few years ago, but they seem to do well, and were decently busy and productive when I was on the Callaway side.

the one in cool springs has a great teacher

Works well in most cases I think. Today however I went to range first a hit balls. That would have been fine except I didn’t know when to quit.
president obama youre welcome GIF

I am still working on hands way behind me and hands close to hips at impact. Such a hard move for me.
Changes take time. I can already see the benefits to what Blake is wanting me to do. It’s not easy but in time it should get easier. For me it’s getting club inside the hands on downswing and not starting with shoulders. Had a guy ask me on the course yesterday why I was changing swing. I responded by replying that last 6 iron that went dead straight and high and 180. Then followed it with a 9 iron over water that actually went an extra 10. I said that right there is the reason. Going to take time and several trips to see Blake but well worth the time and money.

I had no idea what GolfTEC was until I read this thread and the GolfTEC Experience announcement. Looked them up on-line, found one about 30 miles away, and booked a swing evaluation for later this afternoon. Feels like I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool!

I had no idea what GolfTEC was until I read this thread and the GolfTEC Experience announcement. Looked them up on-line, found one about 30 miles away, and booked a swing evaluation for later this afternoon. Feels like I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool!
Thats fun.
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Got in a round this morning. Two range sessions after my 2nd lesson and changes are heading in the right direction. Some very solid shots along with some that were not so good. It will be a process to ingrain this change. The benefits are worth the work. Coming from an OTT swing that was mostly arms and upper body moving to a swing that is now down and around with body rotation thru swing is night and day difference from where I came from. Several range sessions over the next few weeks using drills that coach has me doing.

Evaluation might have been best money I’ve spent in golf other than Albatross Club on THP. You can fake a feel. It’s tough to fake out their camera system.

Changes take time. I can already see the benefits to what Blake is wanting me to do. It’s not easy but in time it should get easier. For me it’s getting club inside the hands on downswing and not starting with shoulders. Had a guy ask me on the course yesterday why I was changing swing. I responded by replying that last 6 iron that went dead straight and high and 180. Then followed it with a 9 iron over water that actually went an extra 10. I said that right there is the reason. Going to take time and several trips to see Blake but well worth the time and money.

Changes take a LONG time. In my experience, when you think you're doing it, you're not. Improvements you see are from making your old pattern just a tiny bit better. But if you stick with it, over a lot of time, you can eventually make the correct pattern your default, or mostly so. That's the exciting thing about lessons - as long as you keep with it, small improvements should keep coming until you're substantially better.

Changes take a LONG time. In my experience, when you think you're doing it, you're not. Improvements you see are from making your old pattern just a tiny bit better. But if you stick with it, over a lot of time, you can eventually make the correct pattern your default, or mostly so. That's the exciting thing about lessons - as long as you keep with it, small improvements should keep coming until you're substantially better.
Agreed 100% drills and feels are currently exaggerated to hopefully make minor changes. The video proof at GolfTec will keep you honest in your efforts. It doesn’t lie

The video proof at GolfTec will keep you honest in your efforts. It doesn’t lie
This is so true. I try not to obsess about positions while I'm practicing and playing, but every time you go back you see what's really been absorbed.

Knee is feeling good. Rescheduled my lesson for Tuesday at noon. Leg day Saturday hope I don’t tweak the knee again. I will go lighter than normal. Thing is the ligaments and tendons always feel better if I go with heavier weights on the hack squat

Back