Is Titleist getting left behind?

So, I guess I should list my driver in the marketplace? Pen a letter to Titleist apologizing for losing one of the 3 test ProV1's they sent me?

So, I guess I should list my driver in the marketplace? Pen a letter to Titleist apologizing for losing one of the 3 test ProV1's they sent me?

You should definitely send that driver to the marketplace hehe

They can come get them from my cold, dead hands!

Titleist sure does get people worked up.
I like Titleist. I do not currently game any of their gear, but I like them. Am actually a big fan of the Pro V line of balls.

I like Titleist. I do not currently game any of their gear, but I like them. Am actually a big fan of the Pro V line of balls.

I love my driver (when I am not yanking everything off the map left). Hated the 910 fairway I had. And don't have enough hands on experience with the irons or wedges. I have never been too fond of ProV1's, only because A.) I suck and B.) they just feel too squishy.

I think they have some very loyal followers. They don't seem to advertise as much (except for their balls) but rely more on their "elite" name.

I love my driver (when I am not yanking everything off the map left). Hated the 910 fairway I had. And don't have enough hands on experience with the irons or wedges. I have never been too fond of ProV1's, only because A.) I suck and B.) they just feel too squishy.

I see them just like every other company out there. They have some hits and some misses. Maybe I'm just crazy

I see them just like every other company out there. They have some hits and some misses. Maybe I'm just crazy

I like Titleist offerings as well it just seems their homers are generally obnoxious and pretentious.

Me too. The 910D2 earned a spot in my bag because of how it performed for me, not because it came with some Titleist aura or whatever. The 910f played it's way out of the bag because it sucked for me and the Mashie is straight butter compared to that thing. If I am genuinely interested in a club, I will go find it and try it out. I don't need to be bombarded with advertisements or "Most PGA Tour wins this year for a driver" voice overs. I see Titleist taking a little bit different of an approach, and whatever it is, it works for them, because they are far from falling behind.

I like Titleist offerings as well it just seems their homers are generally obnoxious and pretentious.

That's probably the best way to say it actually. But I also think that of any OEM's sheep.

Well, I guesss the only ones who really know how, what and why they do things are those who run the company. But one thing for sure and that is, like them or not, they sure are a successful force in golf.

My take on what may seem to be a lack in advertisement or what may seem like a lack of competativeness may actually be what keeps them a big name. I am not titleist loyal or anything loyal but just my thoughts. First off, to have the number one ball in proffessional and amature golf worldwide is not to be taken lightly in any way of just how important that role plays. Perhaps they feel that very prestigious crown :D they hold is by itself enough to speak for them and all products they produce.

Perhaps they have this aproach for thier club line. = Maybe they feel they want to keep an image that stands above all others by not getting into these marketing, over hyped and much too quick developemental wars of the other guys. Kind of like saying to themselves "hey, lets watch:popcorn: while the others like Cally and T.M. battle it all out with each other :bicker: like the little brothers". "we'll just sit back and show that we dont need to do that because we are of a higher standard" :D

I have no idea but does sound like an aproach they might take. And ya gotta admit that it is bit rediculous how fast others espec cally and T.M. keep marketing and popping up with new versions. Seems like every time you turn around, before you can crack open your next brew they improved on the best club they ever made :banana:with the newer best club they ever made :banana:and then but wait! Now I mean this one is the best club we ever made:banana:

Espec in the G.I club area. i mean for cryin out loud, If the COG gets any lower and/or further back, its gonna be 2n1/2 feet in the earth and 3 feet behind you, and if they get any higher MOI or more forgiving we gonna be able to hit the ball backwards and still gonna go towards the hole..
icon7.png
And pretty soon if they get any longer we're gonna be teein off with 9irons on par fives. You gott admit some of it can be too much too often and bit over the top.
icon7.png

So, just maybe itleist is sittin back laughing at it and quietly going about business in what they see as or try to be viewed as being above the nonsence.
I have no clue if this is their thinking but niether does anyone else with thier speculations but some of it could make sense. If not, I hope was a bit entertaining.

I like Titleist's product release cycle. New stuff every year without saturating the market. Also, even though I'm not the huge fan that I once was, they do make equipment that is second to none in craftsmanship and definitely on par with the rest in performance.

They are still strong as ever on the scene but they just go about it in a different way. TPI, for instance, is a big part of what they do. However, many would be hard pressed to even know what that is.

I wouldn't say left behind is fair. I would suggest that they're resisting the temptation to go all 'out-there' like a lot of other club makers are doing. Titleist make very traditional looking equipment that performs exceptionally well and there is no real reason to change that formula. However in a future market this strategy may need to be adjusted, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

I think I'm going to start with a titleist hat. Maybe that will improve my swing a bit.

I think I'm going to start with a titleist hat. Maybe that will improve my swing a bit.

Probably not being a cheap skate and actually paying for lessons will fix your swing. Or continue to do the same and get the same results.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Probably not being a cheap skate and actually paying for lessons will fix your swing. Or continue to do the same and get the same results.

Sarcasm?

Its just a little sarcasm dude, titleist will prevail..

What sarcasm? What is that? I figured a little forum war would be fun. Lol

What sarcasm? What is that? I figured a little forum war would be fun. Lol

I don't think it would be fun at all. Besides, if you honestly think that lessons are going to help your game more than a Titleist cap then you are smokin' the good stuff.

I dont believe they are at all, they are still one of the best (IMO of course).

I don't think it would be fun at all. Besides, if you honestly think that lessons are going to help your game more than a Titleist cap then you are smokin' the good stuff.

Thats why i went out yesterday and purchased 2 titleist hats and a dozen pro v1x. Preliminary results say i dropped from a 2 handicap to a -4 handicap. Lmao, gotta back my opinion you know.

Lessons will never replace a titleist hat...jrodgers you have no idea what your talking about. We have already came to that conclusion.

Back