KBS C-Taper Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Because Callaway will have representation there and they will be doing inventory checks on their staffers gear, similar to how they handle the guys on tour. My irons were ordered with specific shafts from Callaway for this even and I think it's the right thing to do to have those shafts in the irons they so graciously gave me.

was not aware that you were not allowed to re-shaft them.

Do you think this testing will get in the way of you being used to the RAZR X's?

was not aware that you were not allowed to re-shaft them.

Do you think this testing will get in the way of you being used to the RAZR X's?

I don't know if I'm not allowed to reshaft them or not, I'm just playing it safe, you know?

It might, it's tricky that way. I have to be really careful not to get too obsessed with them.

Great question! I have heard that the KBS feel takes a few rounds or a week to get used to and once you do, you'll never wanna hit anything different again! Hope you don't completely fall in love with them and then have to go back to a DG or PX shaft that you can't stand for the Morgan Cup.

The dangers of being an official THP equipment tester!!

I've fallen in love with my KBS shaft. Might never go back.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'm very impatient, TC. Just letting you know. :nailbiting:

Great question! I have heard that the KBS feel takes a few rounds or a week to get used to and once you do, you'll never wanna hit anything different again! Hope you don't completely fall in love with them and then have to go back to a DG or PX shaft that you can't stand for the Morgan Cup.

I have KBS Tours in my RXT's. This is also my first experiences with KBS shafts and I must say that I'm impressed by them.

I'm very impatient, TC. Just letting you know. :nailbiting:

hahaha, you crack me up. I've begun testing with the C-Tapers and I'm blown away. I don't want to divulge too much information b/c I am working on my official review but they are good.....real good! They flight very similarly to my KBS T's in xflex but there's something a bit different about the feel (in a good way). I can see why there's been so much positive buzz about these shafts. It's like they were made for me b/c they're exactly what I've been looking for.

hahaha, you crack me up. I've begun testing with the C-Tapers and I'm blown away. I don't want to divulge too much information b/c I am working on my official review but they are good.....real good! They flight very similarly to my KBS T's in xflex but there's something a bit different about the feel (in a good way). I can see why there's been so much positive buzz about these shafts. It's like they were made for me b/c they're exactly what I've been looking for.
can you let us know what you put them in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you let us know what you put them in?

hahaha, I can tell you that they did not go into the Burner 2.0's.

Really? I felt sure they would.

Looking forward to your review!

Really? I felt sure they would.

Looking forward to your review!

I seriously thought about it, but in the end, I think the 2.0's are what they are b/c of the stock shafts and I didn't want to compromise that.

Interesting. Really intrigued on what they ended up in and how you like these compared to the Tours you currently have in the RXTs. I'm following along intently.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's a good thing you answered my last post. My next post was going to be along the lines of trying to sweet talk you into testing them! lol

They flight very similarly to my KBS T's in xflex but there's something a bit different about the feel (in a good way). I can see why there's been so much positive buzz about these shafts. It's like they were made for me b/c they're exactly what I've been looking for.

I've always been a huge "feel" player. Had DG S300's for most of my golfing life and now that I've had these God-awful ProjectX shafts in my irons for a while, I can officially say I'm on the market for new iron shafts (and new irons for that matter). All of the reviews of the C-Tapers I've read say mostly the same thing...the feel, the feel, the feel. It's like every review was written for what I'm looking for.

For the record, I'm insanely jealous that you have these sticks in mysterious heads that you're not divulging! Please be blades of some sort...please!

TC- do I need to add these to my 'hit list' or just stick with the stock KBS T's?

If you dont like Project X shafts, not too sure I would jump ship to the KBS. KB in KBS stands for the inventor, Kim Braly, who also is to thank for the Project X's. Just my $0.02, but I am very excited to test these!

If you dont like Project X shafts, not too sure I would jump ship to the KBS. KB in KBS stands for the inventor, Kim Braly, who also is to thank for the Project X's. Just my $0.02, but I am very excited to test these!

PX's and KBS feel and perform entirely differently though, at least they do for me.

PX's and KBS feel and perform entirely differently though, at least they do for me.

I agree with TC, having just spent a good deal of time choosing between the KBS and the PX on a set of Mizuno JPX Pros. The KBS just matched up to my transition better in my opinion and felt smoother through impact.

Last edited:

I'm with the others - means nothing. Two completely different shafts. Would be like avoiding a Buick because GM also makes the Chevy Malibu. The Proj X and KBS feel completely different to me in almost every possible way. Just because the creator is the same doesn't mean the product is a copy.

^^^ What they said ^^^

Guess I won't need to post :quiet:

That is like saying Lexus is exactly like Toyota. Lexus is a spin off of Toyota, but they are very different vehicles. I have hit both KBS and Project X shafts, and they are very different. KBS is a far superior shaft for my game, and launch monitor numbers confirm it.

Just thought i'd check back in, ya know, just in case you wrote anything new...okay, well, guess i'll check in the morning. (is there an emoticon that just sighs on here??)

Just thought i'd check back in, ya know, just in case you wrote anything new...okay, well, guess i'll check in the morning. (is there an emoticon that just sighs on here??)

Haha.....dude, so far, these shafts are as advertised. I'm noticing a lower ball flight for sure, even compared to the x flex KBS' in my RXT's. The C-tapers do feel different to me but in a good, good way. I'm very pleased with them so far, so much that I kind of wish they were in my RXT's.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Glad to hear they are working for you TC. I am loving my KBS Tours in the 2.0's! Can't wait to read the full write up.

Glad to hear they are working for you TC. I am loving my KBS Tours in the 2.0's! Can't wait to read the full write up.

I love the KBS Tours as well man but these C-Tapers are special. They really offer a nice flight without having to go to something in the 130g range. I like that. I also think that they feel greatly unique. It's hard to explain what I like about the feel other than they feel smooth and remind me of why I like KBS' offerings so much. The fact that they are satin and stepless is just icing on the cake.

Back