KBS C-Taper Iron Shafts - THP Preview

That is like saying Lexus is exactly like Toyota. Lexus is a spin off of Toyota, but they are very different vehicles. I have hit both KBS and Project X shafts, and they are very different. KBS is a far superior shaft for my game, and launch monitor numbers confirm it.

ya you might be right, different feel. but the kbs c-taper is essentially a better version of the project x, meaning that they are designed to spin less and launch lower. so if you can't hit a project x then you will most likely never experience the full performance of these shafts. at the end of the day, whatever shaft works best for you is what you should be playing. as much as i believe in fitting, i feel like using a launch monitor is not the end all of finding what you will play best with.

on a different note, kinda funny how the new guy gets shot down when he actually made an intelligent and factual post. whether you agree or not isn't a big deal, thats your opinion. but maybe some more tact would be a good alternative. i remember when this place used to be part of my daily schedule, kinda sad to see this stuff on here now....

on a different note, kinda funny how the new guy gets shot down when he actually made an intelligent and factual post. whether you agree or not isn't a big deal, thats your opinion. but maybe some more tact would be a good alternative. i remember when this place used to be part of my daily schedule, kinda sad to see this stuff on here now....

You're right in the fact that his post was factual & intellegent, however, clearly without reading up on the differences of the PX shafts vs the C-Tapers, people informed him of them by using analogies that were more or less spot on. They weren't rude about it nor called him childish names. I was fine with their posts tbh. Should they have let his post go without correcting his uninformed opinion? I think he's passed it, and so was I. So, let's all get back on topic!

Thx for the mini updates, TC! I'm gonna try to get to a KBS fitter on Saturday to test them out. Maybe buy a 6i shaft if they sell singles and rip out my PX!

ya you might be right, different feel. but the kbs c-taper is essentially a better version of the project x, meaning that they are designed to spin less and launch lower. so if you can't hit a project x then you will most likely never experience the full performance of these shafts. at the end of the day, whatever shaft works best for you is what you should be playing. as much as i believe in fitting, i feel like using a launch monitor is not the end all of finding what you will play best with.

It has nothing to do with being new. I just don't agree, and I think it's ok to disagree. I have no problem with you not agreeing with me, and I don't think anything I said was rude or had no tact. Your idea of what you thought he said isn't what was said, it is your interpretation. Saying "don't try KBS because you didn't like project X" to me isn't fair to KBS. Fact is, they perform differently. If you tried to tell me the burner and the burner 2.0 are the same club, I would disagree with you, is that a big deal? I mean they are made by the same company so have to be the same right? It's not much different from what vinny said.

That said, I was not trying to be rude and if it came across that way, even to only one member, I apologize.

Well yesterday I got to hit some Taylormade irons at a Demo day. I was not that interested in hitting the heads I was more interested in trying different shafts. Im looking for a new set of shafts for my JPX 800 Pro's. I hit the new Taylormade MC and MB forged heads with PX 5.5 and the KBS shafts. They did not have the C tapers or I would have tried them. I had them change the shafts back and forth a number of times and I loved the feel of the PX 5.5 over the standard KBS stiff.

I had much better ball flight with the PX 5.5 and I hit them about 7-10 yards further. Another difference was the PX were 1/2" over which is what I use so That could be why I hit them better.

I want to try the C Tapers R+ is this the equivalent of the PX 5.5 in stiffness?
I think this may be the best of both worlds in what im looking for. I currently have GS95 Stiff shafts in my irons, standard length. I hit them higher than I did either of the other TM clubs.

I did love the feel of the TM MC Irons much better then the CB irons, maybe as much if not more then my JPX 800 pros. It would be nice to try my iron with both the PX 5.5 and the C-Taper R+. We do not have a fitter here in town with those options for the Mizuno head. Maybe its worth going to LA check it out before I purchase.

I have read some other reviews on the C Tapers and It looks like its what im looking for.

Did I miss the post where you told us which irons you put the C-Tapers in?

Did I miss the post where you told us which irons you put the C-Tapers in?

Nope, he left us with a major cliffhanger and now we're all watching this thread very enthusiastically until we find out! :smile:

I have a funny feeling that the C Tapers aren't going to be all that they are cracked up to be.

I have a funny feeling that the C Tapers aren't going to be all that they are cracked up to be.

Well, you're just experiencing a funny feeling dude. I like them. A lot. Like I said last week, they are as advertised so far. You'd love them I suspect.

I have a funny feeling the C Tapers are going to be gamers for TC!

Perhaps. But not til after the Morgan Cup.

Yeah, the Cup is #1, but you and I have been talking about the C Tapers for months and I think they will fit your game well! We will see...

Yeah, the Cup is #1, but you and I have been talking about the C Tapers for months and I think they will fit your game well! We will see...

I think they fit my game well too :p

I have a funny feeling the C Tapers are going to be gamers for TC!

And for myself as well. :smile:

@TC, When do you think we can expect a write-up? I don't know the avg time it takes you to test a shaft, so I haven't got a clue. Thx!!

Found a KBS dealer in AZ willing to sell me a single! Said he's got them installed in 3 different heads to try before I buy! Going either tomorrow or later this week as it's about an hour from my house.

And now the fridge in our main kitchen goes out....there goes my golf budget :rain:

c taper review to come around monday night or so. little preview says that i gained about 15 yards with my 5 iron ;)

And for myself as well. :smile:

@TC, When do you think we can expect a write-up? I don't know the avg time it takes you to test a shaft, so I haven't got a clue. Thx!!

I should have the review done early next week. I've started writing it.

c taper review to come around monday night or so. little preview says that i gained about 15 yards with my 5 iron ;)

I wouldn't doubt it buddy. They are amazing shafts. I'm falling for them in a bad, bad way.

I might just have some feedback on these in the next few weeks.

I might just have some feedback on these in the next few weeks.

I bet it's even quicker than that. That's great to hear. I honestly think you'll benefit greatly from these shafts. They literally are as advertised. Amazing!

I'm not sure why, (marketing??), but I'mdying to try these. Even going so fsr s considering ordering a set to install in my backup irons or ordering a set of Burner 2.0's with these.

I bet it's even quicker than that. That's great to hear. I honestly think you'll benefit greatly from these shafts. They literally are as advertised. Amazing!

Really appreciate your feedback on them yesterday. Looking forward to your full review.

I'm not sure why, (marketing??), but I'mdying to try these. Even going so fsr s considering ordering a set to install in my backup irons or ordering a set of Burner 2.0's with these.
TC might steer you from getting the 2.0s with these shafts. I'll let him respond.

I'm really enjoying writing the review for these shafts. I'm about halfway done but I need to edit, big time. I had almost 800 words in my Introduction, and that just won't fly, lol.

I was hesitant to put the C-Tapers in the Burner 2.0's. Only b/c I find the stock steel shafts of the 2.0's to be perfect performers. They launch at a good angle, the spin less anyway, just seemed like those shafts were made for those heads so I didn't want to mess with that.

I'm sure the CT's are sweet in some 2.0's but I just didn't go that route.

I should have the review done soon guys. Thanks for being patient.

More than enough to say is usually a good sign. I've been looking forward to your review for some time.

Looking forward to your review and getting excited. Will you be able to compare to Matrix Programs feel wise?

Back