The shape changes here are good too. It’s still a wild shape, but improved.
Yeah, this is DRASTICALLY better, which is why I really hope we get one in hand for a closer look.

The shape changes here are good too. It’s still a wild shape, but improved.
Slimmer and less bulky, greatly prefer this new one to the older one.

Yeah, this is DRASTICALLY better, which is why I really hope we get one in hand for a closer look.
I’m hoping you get one soon. 35” 71° lie angle if you get to choose. 🤣🤣

When again is the L.A.B. THP event this year? o_O

Got my LAB DF3 last week, 33”, 69 degree lie with ACCRA shaft. Very solid feel. 28 and 35 putts the first two rounds. Easier to control distance than a DF2.1 I had used in the past. And much smaller footprint.

What do you all that have them think about the grips? I got Cobra 3D putter from CPO and it had a LAB grip. It was the first I’d seen it, but I kind of like how the shaft goes at an angle to promote forward lean and hitting up on the ball I’m probably going to throw it on one of my putters to test it out.

What do you all that have them think about the grips? I got Cobra 3D putter from CPO and it had a LAB grip. It was the first I’d seen it, but I kind of like how the shaft goes at an angle to promote forward lean and hitting up on the ball I’m probably going to throw it on one of my putters to test it out.
I have the 3* forward press grip and i like it. There is no guessing at all just set the putter down and you are ready to go.

Anyone have the DF3 or any LAB putter in the TPT Shaft?

I tried a putter with the TPT Shaft with my instructor and it is tremendous.

I should stay out of this thread. From very minimal experience with the 2.1 the 3 looks like a great option. If you just let putter do its job it goes where you aimed. The science is true.

Anyone have the DF3 or any LAB putter in the TPT Shaft?

I tried a putter with the TPT Shaft with my instructor and it is tremendous.
I am a member in the LAB forum on FB and nothing but love for the TPT shaft. I went with the ACCRA in my DF3. Had a DF2.1 with steel shaft and the ACCRA feels much softer. This is the platinum. Lighter color than it looks in photo.IMG_2107.jpeg

I am a member in the LAB forum on FB and nothing but love for the TPT shaft. I went with the ACCRA in my DF3. Had a DF2.1 with steel shaft and the ACCRA feels much softer. This is the platinum. Lighter color than it looks in photo.View attachment 9243684
I have that shaft in my Mezz 1 max too. Love it.

I have the 3* forward press grip and i like it. There is no guessing at all just set the putter down and you are ready to go.
Yeah it felt really good at setup. The grip is too big for my son, but I’ll be swapping it out on one of my putters soon.

I bit the bullet and purchased the DF3. I am loving it so far. I had a brief stint with the link but I feel much more comfortable with the DF3. The sound and feel are great. The size is just right. I think they nailed it with this putter.

I really don't need a new putter. But I can start to feel the itch with this one.

This is one of few putters that could cause me to stray from my Edel 4.0.

I did order a LAB DF3 ... with TPT Putter Shaft.

Admittedly, it's not for everyone. But it's worth a demo.

Bought the original DF in 2017. I was on vacation in San Francisco and went by a fitter in Oakland and ordered one but did not want the LONG T sightline from heel to toe. I wanted it shortened. In fact, the inventor, Bill Presse, talked with me, and said words to the effect, "So you're the one who wanted the short T - Line on the putter. That took some time."

I believe lie angle balancing works. My best putting was with the original Garden Hoe. I had problems with 30+ footers because with LAB you need a longer backstroke on those long putts and not over-acceleration. For the tech to work, you need to use your shoulders not hands and wrists. SO to get the most out of it, get the lie angle fitted, get your elbows against the ribs, and it is right shoulder clavicle back, left shoulder clavicle back (it's not a rocking motion) on the through stroke.

Big muscles do the work.

I found a stock DF3 at the PGATSS, 69 lie, 35 inches, and the stock weight was surprisingly heavy enough. Lagged some 40-50 footers and got close - but it was carpet.

What I like about the TPT shaft is that it is truly straight and truly round. Others may not be - but TPT's are machine made, no humans touch it. And I've rolled a few putts with the prototype TPT shafts.

The order take a couple of months.

Last edited:
I won’t lie…this makes me like the brand more. This is funny.

I won’t lie…this makes me like the brand more. This is funny.

He often pops in to reply to posts on the LAB FB forum. Quirky, down to earth genuine. :) .

I did order a LAB DF3 ... with TPT Putter Shaft.

Admittedly, it's not for everyone. But it's worth a demo.

Believe I was one of the first with the original DF in 2017. I was on vacation in San Francisco and went by a fitter in Oakland and ordered one but did not want the LONG T sightline from heel to toe. I wanted it shortened. In fact, the inventor, Bill Presse, talked with me, and said words to the effect, "So you're the one who wanted the short T - Line on the putter. That took some time."

I believe lie angle balancing works. My best putting was with the original Garden Hoe - the DF in 2017. I had problems with 30+ footers because with LAB you need a longer backstroke on those long putts and not over-acceleration. For the tech to work, you need to use your shoulders not hands and wrists. SO to get the most out of it, get the lie angle fitted, get your elbows against the ribs, and it is right shoulder clavicle back, left shoulder clavicle back (it's not a rocking motion) on the through stroke.

Big muscles do the work.

I found a stock DF3 at the PGATSS, 69 lie, 35 inches, and the stock weight was surprisingly heavy enough. Lagged some 40-50 footers and got close - but it was carpet.

What I like about the TPT shaft is that it is truly straight and truly round. Others may not be - but TPT's are machine made, no humans touch it. And I've rolled a few putts with the prototype TPT shafts.

The order take a couple of months.
You were putting very well with it at a 2018 event. That was the first I had ever seen of it. That and your 7w made an impression.

I have one of these built in my cart….my Mezz Max is still new and I love it. These are cool too. Likely wony pull the trigger, yet.

You were putting very well with it at a 2018 event. That was the first I had ever seen of it. That and your 7w made an impression.

Thank you ... I put it away for awhile. Tried the DF 2.1 yesterday at the store and the head still seems light. At the same time, I've graduated to lighter heads and more relaxed hands. The smaller DF3 definitely has more heft - not that much more but enough. And not so big to be a nuisance in the bag. We will see....

Back