I originally wanted to go with pink, but I changed my mind and went with blue. So, a blue DF3 35.5” long 70° lie angle Accra white shaft
Congrats the blue with white accra combo is awesome!

I originally wanted to go with pink, but I changed my mind and went with blue. So, a blue DF3 35.5” long 70° lie angle Accra white shaft
Let's go! I want to try it next time I see you

So I did the video online fitting and seems a 33 inch 69* would be a good fit.
Mezz1. Max this is a stock offering but I think for DF3 stock only starts at 34?

Also 2 questions:

If I can do stock it is significantly cheaper. I know it means staying with black head and shaft but do like the look.

Is the Accra shaft really worth the upgrade if it would cost me over 200$ more for the privilege as it would require a custom order.

Also compared to mezz1. Max how is feel and forgiveness?

I would like to order one. I have rolled a mezz max 1 time briefly and saw a DF3 only online.
Not much of an option locally to test or buy.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Received the blue LAB DF3 with TPT Shaft today (35 inc/67 lie, std weight head). First impression is swing weight is heavier than I thought it would be. Typically, LABs feel light in the head. But the TPT adds 30g over the steel shaft, but I thought that would balance out with the Presse II 3 deg grip (a wider grip to take the hands/wrists out. Still a little heavier. Also had to change ball position because the face is very much ahead of the shaft. So the face might be just inside the left big toe after adjustment - shaft tip is more center left in stance (right handed).

Feel-solid off the face yet soft (ProV1x). Hit the ball off the heel and toe with the TPT shaft, both went into the hole - 10 footers. That was impressive.

To deal with the unanticipated heavier swingweight, I relaxed more and trusted the design. Instead of balls ending short, they went just beyond the hole or in with the more relaxed state of mind and muscle. I think it's called trust the putter.

It was my first hour with the putter. Those are first impressions.

After dinner, spent more time with DF3. Relaxed more on the follow-thru. Thought I'd experiment with more acceleration through ball yet relaxed (not a pop stroke but more direct) and I experienced better results.

Last edited:
Had very interesting testing experience with some lab putters today...

Never rolled one and here in Montreal Canada they are impossible to see in person.

Found one clubfitter who had 1 demo each of the Link, DF3 and Mezz.1Max.
Only the Link was at my needed 33 inches.

At first was pretty disappointed. Didn't find them as stable as I would have thought (DF3 and Mezz 1 max)
Was missing everything right

Had choked down to comfortable length played with ball position... Eventually was better but ironically found the Link was working best.

I think the onset causes alignment issues particularly with the Mezz. DF3 with T alignment was better.

Had fitter weigh the putters and discovered:

Link at 33 inches weighed 565 grams
DF3 was less than 540( 535 about) at 35 inches
Mezz was 550 at 34 inches.

He added 10 grams of lead tape and DF3 was better.

Still putted best with the link.

I know there is a heavy option for DF3. I am wondering if they weight the putter differently based on shaft length as well or keep it same.

Also had to change ball position because the face is very much ahead of the shaft. So the face might be just inside the left big toe after adjustment - shaft tip is more center left in stance (right handed).

As to ball position being more forward, with LAB putters because the face is forward of the shaft by an inch or so and with onset, when you place the face in the forward (center-left for right-handers) position, you should place the putter in the position you want then take the grip into your hands. I also saw the YouTube vid by Sam Hahn of LAB.

If you take the grip and then place the putter in the forward position, there is a good chance that your back shoulder will open, even slightly, affecting the putt.

I would advise placing the putter in the forward position, then take the grip.

See the pic below to illustrate the differences between LAB and traditional putters.

IMG_3290.jpeg

Much putter churn this off season. Tested AI One Double wide, Milled 7, Jail Bird, Taylormade Spider. Was waiting on the 2024 SC Phantom to drop too. Added the DF3 to the mix very recently. The DF3 will be in the bag this year. I found the Double wide, Jail Bird and the DF3 to be best for me distance dispersion wise in my various testing. DF3 won out on staying true to my line, though the others were nice too.

Well first round with DF3 yesterday and it firmly kicked JB mini and AI7 out of bag. My distance control is so much better.

It’s gonna be a 5-6 week wait for my DF3.

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Debating DF3 which I will need custom since I need 33 inch and feel I need heavier weighting.

I also really like the Link as well.

Debating DF3 which I will need custom since I need 33 inch and feel I need heavier weighting.

I also really like the Link as well.

With the heavy weighting, I think the putter is North of 400 grams.

Well at the club fitter I weighed the stock DF3 he had at 35 inches.
The entire putter weighed 530 grams.

The Link with same shaft at 33 inches weighed 565 and felt heavier

If we assume around 80-90 for grip and say 120 for shaft,
That means the DF3 came in light at around 335 vs the link at closer to 365.

I love This putter. 2nd round and won AZTHP league today. Putts were all around holes and five footers no sweat. It’s so stable , no pushes or pulls.

Well at the club fitter I weighed the stock DF3 he had at 35 inches.
The entire putter weighed 530 grams.

The Link with same shaft at 33 inches weighed 565 and felt heavier

If we assume around 80-90 for grip and say 120 for shaft,
That means the DF3 came in light at around 335 vs the link at closer to 365.

I believe they quoted me 110g for the steel shaft and 140g for the TPT shaft.

Interesting. I would only consider steel or Accra.
Just saw an article on golf digest where they had testers rate how much heft a putter had and they categorized down 1 to 5 on how heavy they felt. They had DF3 asking lighter ones.

This was my experience testing it. I get the link felt heavier and measurements showed that was true.
Both had same steel shaft.

Speaking to LAB they said they don't for for an exact weight with a putter but have general targets that they want to hit while keeping it balanced.

That's why if you go on the outlet site you can see modèle of same length and shaft that can swing weight from High C and low D and the way into the High Es.
So that concerns me a bit. You see I like a heavier feeling putter.

I can prefer one and can get something that feels light or heavy by chance. Yes on a custom order I can specify heavier or lighter but then can get one with heavier weights that was on the heavy side to begin with and it could be too heavy...

Interesting. I would only consider steel or Accra.
Just saw an article on golf digest where they had testers rate how much heft a putter had and they categorized down 1 to 5 on how heavy they felt. They had DF3 asking lighter ones.

This was my experience testing it. I get the link felt heavier and measurements showed that was true.
Both had same steel shaft.

Speaking to LAB they said they don't for for an exact weight with a putter but have general targets that they want to hit while keeping it balanced.

That's why if you go on the outlet site you can see modèle of same length and shaft that can swing weight from High C and low D and the way into the High Es.
So that concerns me a bit. You see I like a heavier feeling putter.

I can prefer one and can get something that feels light or heavy by chance. Yes on a custom order I can specify heavier or lighter but then can get one with heavier weights that was on the heavy side to begin with and it could be too heavy...

If you were near me, I would let you demo. The putter for mine is 35 inches, standard head with a TPT and it's heavier than I thought it would be.

Without the TPT, one might go with a heavy head

I grip down to about 34 inches

I am going 33 inches. Not sure shaft weight of steel vs Accra

I am going 33 inches. Not sure shaft weight of steel vs Accra

If you go 33 inches, you probably want the heavier head. But order to get in line, do the remote fitting, and they will email you their results and you can converse with them about details and changes.

Already did the remote fitting. Know my specs. Now just debating going custom with a DF3 as 33 inches is not stock.
Or go for the Link which stock setup fits exactly and which I enjoyed a demo locally.

My only issue with the Link is that it is not the whole Lab experience. It has a standard grip and doesn't have the head that governs the feeling of being in rails. That said I can get it for about 150$less. And really enjoyed it on a practice demo green but only could test putts up to 15 feet.

Already did the remote fitting. Know my specs. Now just debating going custom with a DF3 as 33 inches is not stock.
Or go for the Link which stock setup fits exactly and which I enjoyed a demo locally.

My only issue with the Link is that it is not the whole Lab experience. It has a standard grip and doesn't have the head that governs the feeling of being in rails. That said I can get it for about 150$less. And really enjoyed it on a practice demo green but only could test putts up to 15 feet.

I would email LAB and ask them to contact you as to any questions...

I tried the Link at the store and it was impressive except for the shiny bolts on top, which would produce glare. I would not consider until those are satin. I still like the benefits of the DF3. I had owned the original DF and used it for several years but the original was too light in the head. They fixed that issue over the last 7 years.

I haven't played since purchasing but having a putting green in the backyard helps. I was putting it against the Spyder again and it's really no contest as to feel and consistency - DF3 wins ... for me.

I am a natural lefty who plays right handed, left eye dominant. Experimented with left hand low and was surprised how much smoother I was with the DF3.

I would email LAB and ask them to contact you as to any questions...

I tried the Link at the store and it was impressive except for the shiny bolts on top, which would produce glare. I would not consider until those are satin. I still like the benefits of the DF3. I had owned the original DF and used it for several years but the original was too light in the head. They fixed that issue over the last 7 years.

I haven't played since purchasing but having a putting green in the backyard helps. I was putting it against the Spyder again and it's really no contest as to feel and consistency - DF3 wins ... for me.
I did email them. That is how I learned that they don't have specific weight or SW for their putters. They have an acceptable range they target while still being balanced. You could get a build that is D0 or E0 of the same putter...

That was a30 gram difference with the Link being heavier than the DF3. Which felt too light until he added 8 extra grams of lead tape.

I would go heavier as a gamble.
Just not happy that I have to play so much more as they Eliminated the 33 inch option from stock.

Also the screws are small and offset at an angle really don't think they would cause glare.

It’s gonna be a 5-6 week wait for my DF3.

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

I was 30 days from ordering to get in line, to remote fitting, to finalizing, about one week in production, and then off to shipping.

Back