I should ad that what really intrigued me was the Link1.

Hit a few putts with it and it looks better at address than in pics .... felt good. May make that 20 minute drive to demo again today.

This is kinda wild..

This is kinda wild..

Jersey Shore Mike Sorrentino GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Better source here:

I might need one of these…

Was messing around with one today and was enjoying it. I like the tech story for the lab putters.
I dumped the Link I had mostly because I felt like I struggled to know where I was aiming it.

I should ad that what really intrigued me was the Link1.

Hit a few putts with it and it looks better at address than in pics .... felt good. May make that 20 minute drive to demo again today.

I had a df2.1 and a mezz1 max. Picked up a link and now that is the only one I have. Haven’t tried the df3 but plan to once I see one in the wild.

Kind of want to get fit to one of these, just to see what a fully fit setup would be like.

Kind of want to get fit to one of these, just to see what a fully fit setup would be like.
I would really enjoy hearing your thoughts, especially after a full fit and then to the results.

I bit on a LAB DF in 2017. Good putter. I was too ignorant to use it consistently well on very long lag putts - more than 30 feet. I tried to accelerate with a short stroke and LAB now says, 5 yrs too late, lol, that a longer stroke works best, not excess acceleration, My bad.

The reason for the LAB putter is that they have attempted to reduce torque to almost zero in its design. I have a tendency with most putters to slightly close the club face thru impact if I don't pay attention. With the LAB, it's easier to keep that neutral stroke and just let the shoulder back stroke do the work. I also think it's best to take the small muscles out the equation. But they can creep in and cause issues.

I went to PGATSS to hit a few and liked the weight. Smaller than the DF2.1 and with a more solid feel. Hit a couple of long ones, was consistent. I also tried the blade - Link1 - don't sleep on that one either - looks good at address but the weights on top are not satin and the glare would bother me.

Back to DF3 -- I ordered, sent in the remote fitting a week later, and Max of LAB and I discussed heavy head versus standard, swing weight, and length via email. So it came out to the specs below...

As to lie angle, my wrists are arched but not too much and my feet are not too close to the ball at address- about 2 putter head lengths away so eyes are just inside and just behind ball. So remote fitting lie angle is flat. I took my recent gamer with lie angle of 70 and arched my wrists more to flatten the sole and had better results on the putting green - so the flat lie should work.

I went with the Press II 3 deg because with my grip, it was more comfortable and this putter grip would prevent any unwanted wrist movement. I putt with my shoulder clavicles going back, and my chest staying in its address position (doesn't turn). I also grip down - to about 34.5 - so I wanted some room at the top. (The Pistol Grip was also tempting).

All of this info below is from the custom fit on the LAB site. From what I've heard, it's best to order to get in line, then do the remote fitting (fairly easy to do and they have a vid on their site), send it in and finalize the order with the fitter. I went with the TPT shaft. I was fortunate to try the prototypes last year and being machine made, one can be assured it is to spec and perfectly round. Does it make a difference? It's up to you. I have TPT in my woods and hybrids, so I just stayed with it.

DF3 Specs:

Hand: Right Putting Style: Standard
Putter Color: DF3 - Blue
Shaft Selection: L.A.B. Golf x TPT Shaft
Shaft length: 35"
Lie Angle: 67
Grip Selection: Press II 3º Smooth
Alignment Marking: C
Head Weight: Standard

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm looking into getting a DF3, but have so many questions. I've tested a standard stock Mezz.1 Max today on an 18-hole. The dew on the greens was strong so it wasn't the best condition but I was finding myself having to putt "harder" than I'm used to with my SC Squareback 2. The hits on the face felt hard with a clicking sound/feel.
I would love to hear recommendations
🙏

(Assume money is not an issue and I like the feel of my current SC Squareback 2 33")

1. Which shaft should I choose?
2. Should I consider counterbalance? (Never tried any)
3. What weight should I choose?

I rolled the Df3 today. I really liked the pistol grip and the overall feel. I then rolled the 2.1, and that felt better to me. I didn’t want that to happen - I really wanted to like the df3 better.

Got to spend sometime out on the green with a new DF3 today while i was practicing. I was able to roll them side by side and i really liked the new DF3. The specs were Accra shaft 34 inch 71 lie with the heavy weights. The grip was a 1.5* press grip which isn't my favorite i like the 3*. First thing i noticed is how dense it feels compared to my DF2.1. The DF3 was also more muted. The size took just a few swings to get use to compared to my gamer. I spent about 30 minutes trying each one on the putts i was practicing. I am not going to lie i did like the smaller head and the look better. Picking up the ball is a cool feature not needed but i tried it right away to see how it worked. The fitter has a place right where i practice so i plan to try this out more over the next few weeks. Sorry for the shoes lol
lab.jpglab1.jpglab2.jpglab3.jpglab4.jpglab5.jpglab6.jpglab7.jpg

I am a DF2.1 user. I want a DF3 badly. Feels/sounds better than my df2.1. Great putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fitted in the DF3 today. 35.5" long 70* lie angle. Now, to chose alignment aids, color, shaft.

I have a 34” mezz max, a 44” mezz max broomstick and now I just ordered a counter balanced df3 at 37.5”. Thinking the battle will be between the counter balance and broomstick come golf season

Just placed my order for a DF3!

Give us the deets!!! Unless you're waiting for the photo reveal.
I originally wanted to go with pink, but I changed my mind and went with blue. So, a blue DF3 35.5” long 70° lie angle Accra white shaft

Still want to give one that is fit to me a go, the stock setup in the store obviously wasn’t that haha

Back