Match Play for Ole Gray

Best of luck OG, wear those famous overalls and kick their back sides

If I wear my overalls at our new course, they would kick my back side right to the curb :beat-up:. I miss that part of our last home course back in Jones County. You could wear the same pair of blue jeans for two or three days in a row, and no one would notice :D

Did you respond with a hearty "Can't WAIT!" when asked?

[video=youtube_share;tKnG06-oYcg]http://youtu.be/tKnG06-oYcg[/video]

Good luck, OG. Show 'em how it is done!

WOODSHED!!!

Good Luck OG sounds like a fun tourney! i would have a blast playing in a tourney like that.

Did you respond with a hearty "Can't WAIT!" when asked?

[video=youtube_share;tKnG06-oYcg]http://youtu.be/tKnG06-oYcg[/video]

Good luck, OG. Show 'em how it is done!

Now that's what I'm talking bout :deadhorse:

WOODSHED!!!

Good Luck OG sounds like a fun tourney! i would have a blast playing in a tourney like that.

I got some new irons to bond with, a new driver, a new hybrid, and hopefully a new putter. Time to go to war :eyepoke::pissed-off::starwars::stickbeat::zsimpsons:

sounds like fun OG. Give em hell! Best of luck with this.

That's awesome OG! I'm jealous!

Good luck OG.

I armed with some serious weapons now, so those fools in the Match play tournament, better gird up their loins now:deadhorse:

Good luck Bill! Kick some arse and take names

Good luck Bill! Kick some arse and take names

You know what, I'm gaining more confidence now than I've have had in two or three years. This is what I have been seriously lacking in. I'm actually ready for this match play shindig and have all intentions to go Poulter on em :deadhorse:. I have something to prove to myself, more than anybody else.

You know what, I'm gaining more confidence now than I've have had in two or three years. This is what I have been seriously lacking in. I'm actually ready for this match play shindig and have all intentions to go Poulter on em :deadhorse:. I have something to prove to myself, more than anybody else.

Your confidence will pay big dividends, believe in yourself and all will come out in the wash buddy. Have a great time!

Good Luck OG...I just played in my clubs, won one match and then ran into a guy with a 18 handicap that shot 81...ouch!

Good Luck OG...I just played in my clubs, won one match and then ran into a guy with a 18 handicap that shot 81...ouch!

That guy (18 capper), is gonna be me :D. I just got a feeling the woodshed is about to bring it.

My Club Pro called today and asked me if I was interested in signing up for our annual Club Match play championship, to be held in March. It's a three week individual tournament using your ghin handicap. This should be fun and I'll will post some preparation thoughts and match results in this thread. Hopefully I will have many results to post and not just one :bulgy-eyes:. I could be paired against high or low handicappers though out the matches however it all comes down to one winner in the end. Club match play champion would be a cool title huh? Wish me luck!

Hey Bill, good luck with the tournament. It sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we did a match play tournament here. We have the club cup in the fall and one eighteen hole match is part of that along with a foursomes and a four ball.

Hey Bill, good luck with the tournament. It sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we did a match play tournament here. We have the club cup in the fall and one eighteen hole match is part of that along with a foursomes and a four ball.

Yea I thought this was a really cool tournament for our club to host every year.

My handicap just went up to ghin 19.6 which will equate to a 21 from the white tees at my course. This means I will get a stroke per hole and on some holes two strokes. If I can just play bogey golf and throw three or four pars per par side, I should do pretty good in this thing. My game plan will be to play for no worse than bogey per hole, even if I have to hit five iron off certain tees, where the holes don't set up well for me.

Kick some ass Bill!!! I hope you do well but even if you somehow don't, I hope you enjoy the experience!!!

I armed with some serious weapons now, so those fools in the Match play tournament, better gird up their loins now:deadhorse:

Good to see some Cobra's back in the bag of the old snake charmer.
bth_thmisc_snake.gif

SO, SO jelous fo the Cell in your bag. Man!! I need to get my kid in the NAVY so I can have more expendable cash.

SO, SO jelous fo the Cell in your bag. Man!! I need to get my kid in the NAVY so I can have more expendable cash.

It truly is a beautiful driver that not only looks good, but also performs as well as it looks. Take my son with him when he goes :D!

good luck in your match play.

I just joined the Men's Golf Assoc. at my club and they are running a couple of match play events throughout the season to whittle down a team to play a competing club. This will be something new for me...never done anything but stroke play and occassional best-ball and quota games.

good luck in your match play.

I just joined the Men's Golf Assoc. at my club and they are running a couple of match play events throughout the season to whittle down a team to play a competing club. This will be something new for me...never done anything but stroke play and occassional best-ball and quota games.

Good luck to you too subvet! It's going to be fun for sure. KellyBo and I have both played in team match play at our former club. We played four years in what we called the blue vs gray ryder cup matches. It was a blast. It was 36 holes of team play on Saturday with two man team scramble format for 18 and then best ball for the second 18. Sunday was our single matches. This event I'm entered in now is singles only and it runs for three weeks. It's going to be fun for sure!

Back