Match Play for Ole Gray

Great job Bill, like taking candy from a baby!

Good playing Billy bo.

Well done OG.

Great job! Sounds like you did great!

Grats OG sounds like you brought the woodshed with you.

Thanks guys I played a match play yesterday on the back nine, with the guy that won the championship last year. He's a 12 handicapper who plays well in these type events. Anyways I played him straight up with no stokes given. We were swapping holes back and forth up to 16. I won 16 and we tied 17. I was one up on 18 however he won that hole to square the match. I was not scoring well but I won my share of holes to stay in the match. With my handicap being a 19.6 and his being a solid 12, I was pleased to say the least. My new putter is great for lagging putts close to the hole, this is going to help a ton under pressure. If I can stay away from the 3 - putt monster, I'll hang tough.

now that's great!

Happily Tapping

Today was my final prep and I'm ready for battle :deadhorse::stickbeat:! I called and left a message for my opponent. He's a lawyer and does know that I'm about to put his arse in the jail house :beat-up:. Hopefully we will get this set up prior to this weekend. :blob:

Love match play; go get 'em

Today was my final prep and I'm ready for battle :deadhorse::stickbeat:! I called and left a message for my opponent. He's a lawyer and does know that I'm about to put his arse in the jail house :beat-up:. Hopefully we will get this set up prior to this weekend. :blob:

Bars on the woodshed. I like it. Go get 'im OG. :D

I have still yet to hear from my 1st opponent :confused2:. I'm going to ask the Pro today to call him so we can get the first match out of the way. I am ready to get this show. Win or lose I am tired of waiting and ready to go.

I have still yet to hear from my 1st opponent :confused2:. I'm going to ask the Pro today to call him so we can get the first match out of the way. I am ready to get this show. Win or lose I am tired of waiting and ready to go.

That's one of the drawbacks of these season long match play tournaments. I just got my second round pairing and the match needs to be finished sometime in the next 6 weeks. Waiting sucks.

Good luck in yours.

sounds like he is duckin' his trip to the woodshed!

sounds like he is duckin' his trip to the woodshed!

I finally got in touch with him. The weather has been crazy and he is a busy (lawyer) man. We talked for a good bit and I told him that I was retired so any time is ok with me. Hopefully we get this first match out of the way this coming week! We have until April 15th to get the first two matches completed. That is if ya last past the first one which I plan on doing :D:thumb:

Give him a reason to retire OG.

Good luck out there OG, hope you send him back to his busy office with a limp.

Good luck out there OG, hope you send him back to his busy office with a limp.

I was out playing with KellyBo yesterday and was struggling trying to hit the straight ball. I said watch this sweety. I dropped my right foot back (closed stance) and hit the prettiest little draw you ever saw and almost aced our #8 par three. When I don't try to hit a straight ball and play my hook/draw I know which side of the fairway the ball is going. My opponent is going to have to prosecute me for being a hooker :D. The swing ain't pretty being flat and all but it's my swing. Now, I got to work really hard on my putting and all will be honky dory :thumb:

Awesome shot, save a few for this guy, lol.

That's one of the drawbacks of these season long match play tournaments. I just got my second round pairing and the match needs to be finished sometime in the next 6 weeks. Waiting sucks.

Good luck in yours.

My match play opponent called me today and said Fridays match is off. He called the club to confirm we could go off at 09:00 a.m. and they are having the Atlanta Seniors Golf Association down for a tournament :angry:. We are going to get together and schedule an afternoon match next week. Just another few days to wait and I'm ready to get this show started. Win or lose I'm getting tired of bad weather and other circumstances popping up :banghead:.

Last edited:
thats a real bummer OG, you'll give him his whoopin next week.

Shoot, hate that you are having difficulties getting the match set up Gray. Happens from time to time in the league I'm in as well. Thought I'd pass on a match play tip I read recently that I'm going to have to try this year in my league.

If your opponent is leaving putts short early in the round, give him the next one (2nd putt on the same green). It may condition him into lagging putts so late in the match when he needs to make them, he'll still be leaving them short.

Shoot, hate that you are having difficulties getting the match set up Gray. Happens from time to time in the league I'm in as well. Thought I'd pass on a match play tip I read recently that I'm going to have to try this year in my league.

If your opponent is leaving putts short early in the round, give him the next one (2nd putt on the same green). It may condition him into lagging putts so late in the match when he needs to make them, he'll still be leaving them short.

haha Sounds like a plan to me :thumb:.

How's this going for you OG?

I had my round of 64 match today and really took my guy to the woodshed winning 7&6. :golf:

How's this going for you OG?

I had my round of 64 match today and really took my guy to the woodshed winning 7&6. :golf:

Great job Rounder!

The guy I was scheduled to play in the first round, bailed because of work overload, family obligations, etc. I tried many times to schedule our round and he waited really late to tell me the news. My pro offered me a pass to the next round/match. The two guys who were supposed to have completed their match (one of whom I was to play) have yet to do so. We were supposed to have completed at least two matches by April 15 or be eliminated. i told the Office manager, who had added the entry fee to my monthly member account, if that were the case, I wanted my entry fee credited back to my account. I was told the deadline was set to keep the matches flowing in a timely manner. Good idea however people have to communicate to make the process work.

Great job Rounder!

The guy I was scheduled to play in the first round, bailed because of work overload, family obligations, etc. I tried many times to schedule our round and he waited really late to tell me the news. My pro offered me a pass to the next round/match. The two guys who were supposed to have completed their match (one of whom I was to play) have yet to do so. We were supposed to have completed at least two matches by April 15 or be eliminated. i told the Office manager, who had added the entry fee to my monthly member account, if that were the case, I wanted my entry fee credited back to my account. I was told the deadline was set to keep the matches flowing in a timely manner. Good idea however people have to communicate to make the process work.

Well that sucks. You are ready to play. I would demand that they keep passing you through until someone steps up to the teebox!

Back