Match Play for Ole Gray

Have a blast and take 'em down Ole Gray. Match play is so much fun!

Good luck OG, us old guys have to stick together! Kick some...

Have a blast and take 'em down Ole Gray. Match play is so much fun!

I'm pumped up about it for sure! I'm going to be working really hard on my putting next week when the weather warms up. Like a minimum of one hour practice time on the putting green.

My Club Pro called today and asked me if I was interested in signing up for our annual Club Match play championship, to be held in March. It's a three week individual tournament using your ghin handicap. This should be fun and I'll will post some preparation thoughts and match results in this thread. Hopefully I will have many results to post and not just one :bulgy-eyes:. I could be paired against high or low handicappers though out the matches however it all comes down to one winner in the end. Club match play champion would be a cool title huh? Wish me luck!

Good luck, OG!

Looking forward to see how this goes OG :D

It's almost go time! I found out who my first opponent is and we will be scheduling our match next week. Thanks to Hawk, I have a cool pre match motivational speech to kick off the championship :starwars:

Good luck. I won my first round match 4&3 last week. Hopefully you can do the same.

Good luck. I won my first round match 4&3 last week. Hopefully you can do the same.

Good job RR :thumb: Yea i'm trying to focus my attention on playing one hole at a time. It's going to be a game plan that should allow me to have fun playing golf and at the same time, not worry about what my opponent is doing. Heck, he has to play against the same golf course, so I'll let him worry about his outcome.

Good luck with the second round!

Best of luck fella - sure it will be good fun!

Have a great match, looks like it will be perfect weather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Time to kick some booty OG.

Good luck OG

Can't wait to hear how this goes Gray, sick 'em!

Give 'em hell, Bill. I know you'll do well.

I have not stopped thinking of this event since day one. Obsessing to say the least!

Thanks guys I played a match play yesterday on the back nine, with the guy that won the championship last year. He's a 12 handicapper who plays well in these type events. Anyways I played him straight up with no stokes given. We were swapping holes back and forth up to 16. I won 16 and we tied 17. I was one up on 18 however he won that hole to square the match. I was not scoring well but I won my share of holes to stay in the match. With my handicap being a 19.6 and his being a solid 12, I was pleased to say the least. My new putter is great for lagging putts close to the hole, this is going to help a ton under pressure. If I can stay away from the 3 - putt monster, I'll hang tough.

Wow. Great job Gray. That sounds like a heck if a match

This guy won a parking spot in 2012 so hanging with him was a confidence builder. Next week I get to use my handicap, so we'll see how it goes.

WTG buddy, I know you will kick some arse in the real deal. GATA

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Awesome, Gray! You'll be able to hand with anyone when the real deal comes around!

Nice job OG !!

Nice one OG, just take that to the course for your match and it will go well

Way to go, OG!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well played OG!

Back