Miyazaki Kusala White & Indigo Shafts

That's good! You know I'm keeping a really close eye on these shafts with all that's coming in the next year.

the indigo shaft has really cought my attention but this white one has me pondering if it might be better for me distance wise since it is a bit higher ball flight.

the indigo shaft has really cought my attention but this white one has me pondering if it might be better for me distance wise since it is a bit higher ball flight.

RW, have you tried the Silver or Blue?

RW, have you tried the Silver or Blue?

Unfortunately I have yet to swing any of the Miyazuki shafts except for the dromos and the kasula in the cleveland line. Finding something around here that has those shafts available to swing is tough out here in the sticks. I am hoping to find some to swing at the golf expo in Denver in Feb.

I don't want to high of a ball flight as we play in a lot of wind out here, but I am thinking I probably need to bring my ball flight up a bit. I may be to low now.

Last edited:
Gorgeous gorgeous shaft and that Bridgestone head to go with it makes on badass club. I just got the SL290 and the FL 3W because the shafts worked well for my swings, so hopefully I will get to test some of these other shafts.

While I played the Silver Kusala previously after my last fitting, I always thought the Blue was my favorite looking of the Kusala line. All look great, but the Blue stood out with the water drops. The White might have taken over for me as the best looking. Every time I see it in the light, I like it more and more.

While I played the Silver Kusala previously after my last fitting, I always thought the Blue was my favorite looking of the Kusala line. All look great, but the Blue stood out with the water drops. The White might have taken over for me as the best looking. Every time I see it in the light, I like it more and more.

The White could quite possibly be the best looking shaft I have ever seen. Loved how it looked in the J40.

The White could quite possibly be the best looking shaft I have ever seen. Loved how it looked in the J40.

That set up is strong. I loved everything about it. I keep thinking about the way the ball jumped off the face and held its line. It gave me a wonderful ball flight.

That set up is strong. I loved everything about it. I keep thinking about the way the ball jumped off the face and held its line. It gave me a wonderful ball flight.

You hit this setup extremely well.

I
heart clipart.co.uk.gif
this.

Only hit it a few times but I've have never felt a shaft this smooth. The feel of the shaft loading and unloading was eye-opening. My current shaft is very good, and was fit to me at the time, but hello Miyazaki!

I couldn't take my eyes off this thing, like an old man at the mall leering at people.

Edit: I was a little worried about the ball flight being a tad high, not to fear. I noticed a nice high launch with a flight that leveled off into a distance producing carry. Dialed into the right head I think this shaft could make a lot of golfers very happy.

Good info SW.

I
heart clipart.co.uk.gif
this.

Only hit it a few times but I've have never felt a shaft this smooth. The feel of the shaft loading and unloading was eye-opening. My current shaft is very good, and was fit to me at the time, but hello Miyazaki!

I couldn't take my eyes off this thing, like an old man at the mall leering at people.

Edit: I was a little worried about the ball flight being a tad high, not to fear. I noticed a nice high launch with a flight that leveled off into a distance producing carry. Dialed into the right head I think this shaft could make a lot of golfers very happy.

Good Stuff Danny. I'm really looking forward to hitting this. I think it could be a good pairing for me. Miyazaki seems to have a shaft for every type of player at the moment.

The more I practice with the Kusala White, the more it looks like it is the shaft for me. Tried it today in 2 drivers.

Bridgestone J40
Callaway Diablo Octane

While the ball flight was different in the drivers a little (J40 was lower), the results were the same which was a smooth shaft that felt perfect for me and gave me great results.

Which head do you think works better with it for your swing, JB? I know you don't have spin issues like I do, so I'm curious which one is getting you more carry and better dispersion.

Which head do you think works better with it for your swing, JB? I know you don't have spin issues like I do, so I'm curious which one is getting you more carry and better dispersion.

I actually do have spin issues from time to time. Not sure which one works better for me right now, or if either will be the head I go with actually. I do know that this shaft feels perfect for me though.

I can only imagine. Glad it's working for you.

That shaft in the Octane sounds interesting. The extra forgiveness over the J40 is a plus.

I mean it when I say I've never felt a shaft like the White.

I can't wait to hit this shaft!!

I'm hoping to test it out in about a month

It would be shameful if you didn't test it out while you are at THP HQ for the video viewing party next month.

That shaft in the Octane sounds interesting. The extra forgiveness over the J40 is a plus.

I mean it when I say I've never felt a shaft like the White.

I'm with you, the octane should provide a touch more forgiveness than the J40. But if it responds like the J40, that shaft is the truth! I absolutely loved the original setup.

It would be shameful if you didn't test it out while you are at THP HQ for the video viewing party next month.

I'm hoping to. I'm not bringing my clubs. Will just grab whatever is laying around and test some stuff out. Hopefully it is stuff that might be used in the MC

I'm hoping to. I'm not bringing my clubs. Will just grab whatever is laying around and test some stuff out. Hopefully it is stuff that might be used in the MC

I think you should be able to find something....

Back