Nike Lunar Swingtip Golf Shoe Preview

Why are more and more golf shoes starting to look like skater shoes? I feel like these would be sold in a PacSun.

If you're mixing equal parts skater shoes and wingtips, you're doing it wrong.

Why are more and more golf shoes starting to look like skater shoes? I feel like these would be sold in a PacSun.

I cant speak for Nike, but I think that what you are seeing is companies offering more lines. If you look at Nike, they still have the Lunar Control shoes which certainly look like golf shoes, but then add the TW 13, the ascend and now these to complete a line to have something for everybody.

Very similar to what we see in iron lines to have everything from SGI to Blade.

Not my cup of tea, but they arent the worst shoes I've seen.

I gotta admit, Im really surprised that you think these would be hard to pair with clothing and the odd looking TW shoes would work.

It's the wingtips paired with the thicker skater type sole. In suede I can get down but not leather.
As to the TW shoes, they are moving toward what I see the future of the golf shoe. They are kinda futuristic looking to me.

These aren't bad. But I think sperry top siders would make a better looking shoe;)

Im really surprised I am in the minority. I love the looks of these. And if they are even close to as comfortable as the Lunar Controls, I will be sporting every color.

I like them a lot to JB. I won't wear them. After my failed experiment with the AdiCrosses, I now know I need something with more support.

I think the black pairs look great. I hope these can replace my FJ streets.

I'll pass. They wanted to pay homage to the wingtip with a skate shoe? If I want to pay homage to the wingtip, i'll buy some FootJoys.

Not sure about these. That sole looks huge.

very disappointed in these. i LOVE lunar technology and my 3 pairs if running shoes are lunarlon, but these look awful to me.

I really like these. I've been looking into one of these street shoe type of golf shoe for the range and casual rounds. Will definitely have to look into these.

Houston....we have a problem. I love all of these....especially the b/w while the white with brown soles are especially nice.

I want!!!!!!

Im really surprised I am in the minority. I love the looks of these. And if they are even close to as comfortable as the Lunar Controls, I will be sporting every color.

Hahahaha...That's because yoou are a shoe *****...but I would rock the black and white ones without a doubt.

not feeling these at all

Hahahaha...That's because yoou are a shoe *****...but I would rock the black and white ones without a doubt.

Some may call it an issue, I prefer to call it a quirk. Im in the minority here, but I know I want these. If they are even remotely as comfortable as the Lunar Controls, I might just have all of them. I also firmly believe that once people see these on, they might change their minds. That happens a lot with shoes as I dont think studio pictures show comfort and normal looks well.

Some may call it an issue, I prefer to call it a quirk. Im in the minority here, but I know I want these. If they are even remotely as comfortable as the Lunar Controls, I might just have all of them. I also firmly believe that once people see these on, they might change their minds. That happens a lot with shoes as I dont think studio pictures show comfort and normal looks well.

I think that there are enough options with these shoes, that wardrobe combinations are almost limitless.

Alright, well these I want. If they are even half as comfortable as my Lunar Controls then I will have a pair of these. I'm acutally going to buy a pair of lunar controls today I belive.

I REALLY like the black/white shoes...however at $130 though for that pair, I'll be looking at the Crossflex.

The black/white sparked my interest, they remind me of some older DC skater shoes I had growing up.

I dont see myself wearing any of those shoes...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

really like the look of the 3rd pair, the others ehhh

These just arrived and I have to say in person they look incredible. Absolutely love them. Furthermore when I slip them on, they feel as good as the Lunar Controls I absolutely love, if not better. Color me impressed so far.

DSC2084-L.jpg

DSC2088-L.jpg

DSC2087-L.jpg

DSC2089-L.jpg

DSC2090-L.jpg

Those pics really do look great, and I'm glad to hear that they seem comfy.

I like the look of the sole of them, but the rest I'm not so sure about. If they're really comfy though...

“Nike Action Sports has a lot of skate and surf athletes who love golf and are low-handicap players,” said Lee Walker. “When they play, they want to look the part – to wear the ‘uniform’ of golf. But at the same time they, better than most, can appreciate the stability afforded by a low-profile cupsole construction given the performance demands of their chosen sports. Balance and stability are critical in board sports just as they are in golf.”

Not keen on these at all, but even if I was I think that load of bollocks would put me right off!

Back