Nike Lunar Swingtip Golf Shoe Preview

That sole looks very thick! I'm afraid if I buy these I'm going to have to get my clubs reshafted +1/2".

I think I m going to get a pair of these for work. After walking around in Eccos for 6 rounds with no ill will on my feet, I love the sound of another casual golf shoe. They look sick, I know I've preached before but Im a big believer in the street style shoe now.

you are such a golf shoe HO! LOL

I do like the looks of these though....I really want a pair of casual golf shoes....these or Del-Mars or Ecco's....something along those lines.

I actually have a pair of these TBT and JB in black. Was worried they would be too narrow, as I have a wide foot, but they fit great and are very comfy. I did notice the nubs in these tend to fill up quicker with damp grass than the nubs in my True's.

I actually have a pair of these TBT and JB in black. Was worried they would be too narrow, as I have a wide foot, but they fit great and are very comfy. I did notice the nubs in these tend to fill up quicker with damp grass than the nubs in my True's.

They will also have better traction and offer more support.

They will also have better traction and offer more support.

Actually JB, to be totally honest, I slipped in these the first round I played in them. I have never slipped in the Trues? But I still like them!

Went to GG and tried on all the "spikeless casual" shoes they had. These ranked right up there with the Ecco Street premier and the FJ Contour Casual. On looks alone I would opt for these or the Ecco's. IMO the Nike Swing Tips and the Ecco streets surpassed anything I tried in the comfort department! These Nike's (white and black) are definitely on my radar!

Nike Swingtips

Nike Swingtips

I picked up a pair of these guys not to long ago for a discounted price and I wanted to do a quick write up on them.

My favorite pair of shoes was the original Footjoy SynrG, I found the design classic and sporty but as they phased them out I started to look for something new. I enjoy walking so I wanted to find something more along the lines of a sneaker, my first pick was the Nike Air Range Max, I liked the style and the price, I picked them up for $69 dollars on sale. These shoes were great but I blew through them, I have played a majority of my rounds with them this season (25+) and they got torn up so they are now relegated to practice duty. Additionally, they feature non removable spikes which had started to wear down.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago I picked up a pair of the Nike Swing Tips and have put a few rounds on them. I have certainly put these things thing a tough first few rounds, a lot of water, mud and slippery conditions but I am pleased to say they hold up excellently. I was worried the suede would be damaged or become water logged in rough conditions but I found out quite quickly that is not the case. The first round I played with the Swing Tips I got caught in a torrential down pour on hole six, I was soaked from head to ankle but my feet stayed dry! I had similar results in other wet conditions, while you might experience slight dampness in very water logged situation, it is minimal. This is also my first pair of spike-less shoes which I was concerned about but they provide adequate traction in all conditions. The only downsides are the spikiness system will eventually render these shoes useless and they don't come cheap at $150. Overall Nike has created a stylish golf sneaker that holds up well in both wet and dry conditions and provide comfort to walkers and riders alike. On the downside if you don't purchase shoes often look into something with replaceable spikes, $150 is a lot to drop on a shoe that wont last several years.

I will be switching over to my Adidas Sambas which I also picked up, got a great deal on them. Looking forward to testing them out on Sunday afternoon.

Pros:
Good traction
Hold up well in various weather conditions
Comfortable

Cons:
No replaceable spikes
Price - $150

dsc0150pt.jpg

dsc0152bg.jpg

dsc0151qc.jpg

Nice review, Moto. The good thing about these is that you can where them in a non-golf environment. So, even if the "spikes" wear out, you can sport them on a casual day/night out.

Nice review, Moto. The good thing about these is that you can where them in a non-golf environment. So, even if the "spikes" wear out, you can sport them on a casual day/night out.

Yes! I knew there was something I forgot.

Hey that's very nice. I hope they are much expensive? I am also learning the Golf so that's why I need them. Can I buy those shoes from any Nike store or these are available only on the Golf stores? Because there is long distance between Golf store and our house so that's why I am asking you if they are also available on Nike outlet then the outlet is only 15 minute drive. Please can any one help me.>>>>>>>>>!!!!

Has anyone seen the Ryder Cup edition in person???
533092_hr.jpg

I really like the look but just aren't sure how they would look in person with the two tone brown.

I like the white sole over the tan ones from the first post.

I like the white sole over the tan ones from the first post.

I do as well, but I didn't know what to think of the laces and top dark brown ring. It has almost that Tim the tool man Taylor duck shoe look.
duckbootslandsend.jpg

Back