Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

I posted recently in the KBS GPS thread that I wasn’t liking the feel of that paired with the JB Mini on shorter putts, like I was losing the head a bit. Took my previous gamer out today and not sure if it was feel, alignment, or both, but felt a little more confident on those.

Conversely, I had a 50 foot putt that ended up short resulting in a 3 putt, which I’m convinced wouldn’t have come up as short with the AI. Gonna do some more shaft tinkering and if I can get the short putts dialed I’ll be in good shape.

Putting practice today. Getting very consistent from inside 10 ft. A few mind boggling misses but that’s why you practice. After some putting yesterday and today I really feel I’m more of a mallet player tbh. I don’t know why but something about seeing the stroke and backswing that’s I guess I don’t see in blades. I don’t love the forgiveness in my T Two though as I know even not ideal impact generally works out. My new putting grip taken from Lydia Ko has really changed my putting. Last tour event when I just came up short that was not due to putting. I dare say for once my putting was getting me out of some tough situations. Seems like a lot of my game is on the verge of really clicking.
So you got fit into the Milled Ai Two T but generally play a mallet?
I posted recently in the KBS GPS thread that I wasn’t liking the feel of that paired with the JB Mini on shorter putts, like I was losing the head a bit. Took my previous gamer out today and not sure if it was feel, alignment, or both, but felt a little more confident on those.

Conversely, I had a 50 foot putt that ended up short resulting in a 3 putt, which I’m convinced wouldn’t have come up as short with the AI. Gonna do some more shaft tinkering and if I can get the short putts dialed I’ll be in good shape.
I don’t know the answer here, but should the swing weight be adjusted for the new shaft in the JB Mini? Could that be throwing things off?

I’ve played mallet for quite a few years but played Toulon SD and OG WH CH 7 during 2023. Neither went particularly great but at my fitting our fitter felt I was a blade putter. My putting definitely has been much better which I would say is a combination of things but I definitely think I just have a better putting stroke with a mallet. I can’t argue with the putting results at GD either. Day 2 particularly I was rolling them in.

I’ve played mallet for quite a few years but played Toulon SD and OG WH CH 7 during 2023. Neither went particularly great but at my fitting our fitter felt I was a blade putter. My putting definitely has been much better which I would say is a combination of things but I definitely think I just have a better putting stroke with a mallet. I can’t argue with the putting results at GD either. Day 2 particularly I was rolling them in.
Are you seeing any difference in roll from the Two T from your previous putters?

I don’t know the answer here, but should the swing weight be adjusted for the new shaft in the JB Mini? Could that be throwing things off?
I matched the SW, counterbalance, etc to my preferences. With the SL90 shaft I felt like I noticed the lightness, so going to try a CT Tour 120 next.

I matched the SW, counterbalance, etc to my preferences. With the SL90 shaft I felt like I noticed the lightness, so going to try a CT Tour 120 next.
I liked the SL 70 Red in my Versa but don’t get along as well with the SL 90 in the Ai. It’s not the weight that is an issue for me, I don’t believe.

Are you seeing any difference in roll from the Two T from your previous putters?
Definitely more forgiveness which with the new style of grip I’m using in 2024 that’s really helped keep my putts on line. That and getting more roll out on mid hits that would normally be way shorter. Contrary to the belief it doesn’t feel like a killer putter like a Toulon. The milled insert definitely gives the impact a softer feel. I think it’s shorter putts in general I struggle with a blade a bit. I just find I’m more consistent squaring the face at impact with a mallet. That and a bit more calm feeling with a mallet in hand. Most definitely I’m rolling putts much better vs 2023 already versus my other putters. Mallet just seems to fit my eye better overall. But just using the first spring event as an example my long game was completely off at the top of my game and yet behind putting and wedge play in general I was leading about half of it. Those greens were big and had a lot of hard two putts with all of bumps, break, etc. Last year that round would have totally derailed completely if the top of the bag was completely off.

29 putts yesterday while shooting a 77 in the wind. Missed 3 birdies by the smallest of margins. I share the love for tapping what seems like most of my second putts. Jailbird mini DB is firmly planted in the bag for the year. Only second guessing is whether to change to my usual Superstroke pistol from the oversize winn? grip it came with...

29 putts yesterday while shooting a 77 in the wind. Missed 3 birdies by the smallest of margins. I share the love for tapping what seems like most of my second putts. Jailbird mini DB is firmly planted in the bag for the year. Only second guessing is whether to change to my usual Superstroke pistol from the oversize winn? grip it came with...
Love hearing the success you're having with it. If you are comfortable with the Oversize Winn and not feeling the need to switch, I would roll with it.

I had business that took me past the local PGA Superstore, so I stopped in to kick around. I rolled a few different putters. I don’t think there is another production milled putter that feels as good as the Ai One Milled putters. They really are remarkable.

I had business that took me past the local PGA Superstore, so I stopped in to kick around. I rolled a few different putters. I don’t think there is another production milled putter that feels as good as the Ai One Milled putters. They really are remarkable.
They look and feel fantastic. It is addicting rolling it.

The Eight-T is one of the 2 clubs that kept me from shooting a 90+ this last weekend. 30 putts on the day. This thing is so consistent.

The mini has me excited to putt, both on the course and actually practicing, that’s the biggest compliment I can give if I’m being honest.

It’s addicting, and absolutely a badass putter in every facet.

The mini has me excited to putt, both on the course and actually practicing, that’s the biggest compliment I can give if I’m being honest.

I tried them out at the pga store before they flew off the shelves. It’s a very nice putter coming from someone who never hit a jailbird ever.

I tried them out at the pga store before they flew off the shelves. It’s a very nice putter coming from someone who never hit a jailbird ever.
I took a blind leap based on talking to my guy @vgolfman when Canadan and I were in Frisco. I love the 7 CH Milled, but if this would’ve been available then, I’d have gone Jailbird. I’m shoooooooooocked as a long time blade guy that I like it so much. No mallet, well maybe one, has ever made the bag for me before.

Mine literally may be my favorite all time putter.

Mine literally may be my favorite all time putter.
After the reshaft, I’m really loving it more. The Graphite ALL-IN is killer in it paired with my beloved Garsen TPE

After the reshaft, I’m really loving it more. The Graphite ALL-IN is killer in it paired with my beloved Garsen TPE
I am hoping to have mine back from Peoples next week.

I am hoping to have mine back from Peoples next week.
Sorry my guy, I’ve been on vacation so I missed it all, did you go graphite or combo?

Sorry my guy, I’ve been on vacation so I missed it all, did you go graphite or combo?
All good! That vacation is overwhelming in the best possible way, ha. I went graphite.

All good! That vacation is overwhelming in the best possible way, ha. I went graphite.
Nice! I’m pretty blown away by it. Previously I had to use the retrofits only because of neck type, but the CH opened a new world of opportunities haha

Nice! I’m pretty blown away by it. Previously I had to use the retrofits only because of neck type, but the CH opened a new world of opportunities haha
Don't know if there is a difference in performance between the all in graphite or retrofit, but I am excited to roll the Ai with it in there. I am hoping it will help unlock what I think this putter could do for me.

I took a blind leap based on talking to my guy @vgolfman when Canadan and I were in Frisco. I love the 7 CH Milled, but if this would’ve been available then, I’d have gone Jailbird. I’m shoooooooooocked as a long time blade guy that I like it so much. No mallet, well maybe one, has ever made the bag for me before.
I’ve been much like you blade wise except years back I had a X5 which I would honestly consider a mid mallet. Blade just simplified things but this year I definitely think I’m becoming much more of a mallet player.

image.jpg
This just makes me want to go play golf

Back