Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

I’ll admit, mine never went on my putter.

I think it’s in a drawer somewhere?
Fair enough this is about the only OEM stock headcover I’ve actually wanted to keep on!

Fair enough this is about the only OEM stock headcover I’ve actually wanted to keep on!
So much better than what usually comes with a putter

I rolled a doublewide crank hosel today at GG… sunk 6 in a row at 10-12 feet. Then grabbed my doublewide TRI-Hot 5k and made 2 and missed 2 right and missed 2 left… :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

I rolled a doublewide crank hosel today at GG… sunk 6 in a row at 10-12 feet. Then grabbed my doublewide TRI-Hot 5k and made 2 and missed 2 right and missed 2 left… :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
You will never rest until you have the AI putter.

Jailbird mini acquired
The one question we are all wondering. Will you keep the stock headcover or put on a different one?

Just kidding.... Looking forward to your thoughts on it !

The one question we are all wondering. Will you keep the stock headcover or put on a different one?

Just kidding.... Looking forward to your thoughts on it !
I might go stock in today’s round, just because it is a cool stock headcover.
If it didn’t have an actual bird on it I would be swapping out immediately lol

Finally got my hands on some of the putters I’ve been pondering hard and I’m so glad I didn’t buy just based on ponder. The Jailbird Mini was better in hand than I anticipated from a looks perspective but it still lacks weight. I can see why lead tape makes it to these. Biggest surprise was the Eleven T. That was really nice. I think at some point a Jailbird Mini CH ends up in my bag but right now it’s not at the top of my ponder list

I don’t know if I have ever owned a putter that I like more than the Jailbird Mini CH that I have had in my bag this year. I just finished a round where I had 29 putts and I didn’t drop anything miraculous. Last year, I averaged about 32 putts per round. If I can knock my average putts down a couple of strokes, it would be huge. I love how it feels and how easy it is to square up. It seems that I am always around the hole for a kick in on my second putts. I hope it lasts.
Is yours the stock weight or is it heavier? If I recall you liked heavier putters

Is yours the stock weight or is it heavier? If I recall you liked heavier putters
I ordered mine direct from Callaway at 33.75” and a Flat Cat grip. I would not think that Callaway would have done anything other than stock weighting and I didn’t do anything to it, so I presume it is stock, 360 grams. It feels fine to me.

@Jman just one layer of lead tape covering the entire sole?

@Jman just one layer of lead tape covering the entire sole?
I used double wide tape, so two strips, one layer, and a lot of patience and a scalpel.

I ordered mine direct from Callaway at 33.75” and a Flat Cat grip. I would not think that Callaway would have done anything other than stock weighting and I didn’t do anything to it, so I presume it is stock, 360 grams. It feels fine to me.
You’ll have to let me roll a couple.

I’ve been curious though about a JB mini with a heavier head weight and an All-In shaft. A combo I want to try to see how it works.

The jailbird head was awesome. I did enjoy it. But I cannot simply get used to stroke lab shafts. Those are all getting pulled and will be shafting them with something a bit heavier.

Swapped a CT Tour 120 with a counterweight into my JB Mini and added another 10g or so to the head. Starting to feel how I want it, I’m excited to get it to the course. I went with the Pearl White which doesn’t match the JB stripe exactly but I still like it:

904D8053-EE61-4CA9-AA6C-12BC0353105E.jpeg

Swapped a CT Tour 120 with a counterweight into my JB Mini and added another 10g or so to the head. Starting to feel how I want it, I’m excited to get it to the course. I went with the Pearl White which doesn’t match the JB stripe exactly but I still like it:

View attachment 9252028

Oh that is sexy

Picked up some black CT Tour shafts to get in my AI one 6T, and Jailbird mini

IMG_0188.jpeg

Going to switch to my ai one 7ch until I can get these installed since that already has a true temper stepless steel shaft in it

Picked up some black CT Tour shafts to get in my AI one 6T, and Jailbird mini

View attachment 9252167

Going to switch to my ai one 7ch until I can get these installed since that already has a true temper stepless steel shaft in it
I would love someone to walk me through how to reshaft a single or double bend putter and get the alignment right. I have a a basic jig from Golfworks but I'm convinced I'll mess it up.

View attachment 9252028
That looks really good

I want to try one of these with the navy multi-material SL shaft. Anyone seen one with that shaft installed yet?

Going with the Odyssey Ai-One on this trip. Double Wide with a crank hosel. Assuming the greens will be running a bit slower due to weather, so like the speed that this offers and consistency.

The old man let me know that the greens are rolling pretty pure right now, which means I’m going to be spending some extra time out there this weekend with my SixT. The offseason slowly shedding away means consistency is no longer a good excuse and I think it’s going to be the best time to really learn about what kind of stroke I can repeat with this head

I’m pretty excited honestly. Absolutely invested in making putting easier.

I think what’s crazy encouraging for my putting this year is the first event of the year two weekend ago I had 3-4 putts made of 10+ feet (Which were par putts.) and a 70 ft 2 putt across two levels of green with significant break on the level with my Milled T Two. That took alot of pressure off my irons at the event to hit things close when quite simply some pins you couldn’t go for. Top of the bag was completely off yet behind hot putting, good wedge play with my jaws, and irons I led about 50% of the event. Speaks real volumes to where my game might go this year if everything comes together.

Back