Ping G20 Driver & Review Thread

I don't have the stock in the K15 but going off memory from when it was in there the lower launch goes to the G20. Granted the loft on the G20 is different than the K15 (9.5 vs. 10.5) but even with the non-apples to apples comparison the launch is lower with the G20

I know you have the C. Kua in the K15 but I was just wondering if you remembered. Thanks for the info buddy.

Nice pics Hanks. I just got back from a quick range session myself and spent quite a bit of it with the G20. Man this driver is a bomber. I was just killing it long and straight. My first round playing it I didnt see any misses to the right. Tonight I caught myself not getting to my left side and then seeing big slices. After self correcting I was bombing it again. Hawk ask for video to hear how the G20 sounds so I did a quickie. Two shots and both were hit very solid. Im not sure you can really hear it too well because of my massive swing speed, lol, but I think you can sort of hear the G20 sound if the volume is up enough.

[video=youtube;8IgRqhfl-YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgRqhfl-YM[/video]

Man, this thread has me salivating...I really want to hit this beast. Nice review work, Hanks.

I don't have the stock in the K15 but going off memory from when it was in there the lower launch goes to the G20. Granted the loft on the G20 is different than the K15 (9.5 vs. 10.5) but even with the non-apples to apples comparison the launch is lower with the G20

I tend to agree with you. I remember hitting the K15 very high but the G20 is much more penetrating of a flight.

Dayum kmac! Ripped! The sound reminds me of the G15. I like it!

Nice Kev!!!

I see your video and I'll raise you two.....one with G20 sound and the other with K15 sound

uploading shortly.....

Nice pics Hanks. I just got back from a quick range session myself and spent quite a bit of it with the G20. Man this driver is a bomber. I was just killing it long and straight. My first round playing it I didnt see any misses to the right. Tonight I caught myself not getting to my left side and then seeing big slices. After self correcting I was bombing it again. Hawk ask for video to hear how the G20 sounds so I did a quickie. Two shots and both were hit very solid. Im not sure you can really hear it too well because of my massive swing speed, lol, but I think you can sort of hear the G20 sound if the volume is up enough.

[video=youtube;8IgRqhfl-YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgRqhfl-YM[/video]

Dayum kmac! Ripped! The sound reminds me of the G15. I like it!

Ive never really been a fan of "loud" drivers but this one is an addicting kind of loud. I really like it.

Nice Kev!!!

I see your video and I'll raise you two.....one with G20 sound and the other with K15 sound

uploading shortly.....

haha Nice! Thats why you are an equipment tester mi amigo.

Great info Hanks! My step dad got this a few weeks ago with the regular flex shaft. I need to compare it soon to mine and share some thoughts.

Glad to see it working well for you so quickly!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hanks took some videos of the sound of the G20 and K15 driver.

PING G20 Sound
[video=youtube;QVtSS-FL8e0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtSS-FL8e0[/video]

PING K15 Sound

exactly right man....when you get it, you and everyone else knows it

Ive never really been a fan of "loud" drivers but this one is an addicting kind of loud. I really like it.

Great comparison Hanks, thanks for the video OEM it doesnt sound to bad from what I could hear

I hit this driver on Saturday. Did not love it. Came in here now and read the awesomeness that Hanks and OEM bring and now I want to hit it again. Great job guys!!

Am I crazy or after listening to Hanks' videos, the K15 sounds louder.

Dang Hank, I really like the comparison pictures. Both good looking drivers to me

Last edited:
to me it is...the G20 has a thud like quality where the K15 is almost a strong ting which is a little louder

Thanks Hawk, er Hanks, lol

Damn you and kmac!

to me it is...the G20 has a thud like quality where the K15 is almost a strong ting which is a little louder

Just curious - are you hitting the Tour shaft? I had a chance to hit the Tour stiff and really liked it, I felt it held up to my swings no problem. I was averaging 107 MPH with it. Similar to you, I could feel the counterbalance working for my swing, and I was hitting the sweet spot time after time.

I think this driver is going to find itself in my golf bag within the next 30 - 45 days.

Just curious - are you hitting the Tour shaft? I had a chance to hit the Tour stiff and really liked it, I felt it held up to my swings no problem. I was averaging 107 MPH with it. Similar to you, I could feel the counterbalance working for my swing, and I was hitting the sweet spot time after time.

I think this driver is going to find itself in my golf bag within the next 30 - 45 days.

No I'm not. My SS maxes out at 105 so the tour shaft may be a tad much for my swing. But I like the feel of the stock shaft , just need to get used to the added length compared to my current shaft

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

No I'm not. My SS maxes out at 105 so the tour shaft may be a tad much for my swing. But I like the feel of the stock shaft , just need to get used to the added length compared to my current shaft

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Thanks. I just checked the Ping site, and it looks like the difference between Tour and non-Tour is about 6-9 grams weight, slightly stiffer tip and lower torque, and less spin. Probably high spin players should try the Tour and lower spin the non-Tour. I like the feel of a "tighter" driver shaft, and this one just really seemed to fit my swing.

I think Ping has a real winner/classic here - simple and clean looks, feels solid, fantastic sound. Good luck with yours!

After watching both Hanks videos I think the K15 is louder too and like Hanks says more of a ting to it loud. Good videos Hanks.

Bought one this week - 2nd outing with it today - high and straight, high and straight...all day long (yawn). Longer than my G10 by far - different sound and flight - hang time seems forever! Bought the 23* hybrid as well. This new line is a definite step up from the G10 series, for me. Might have to upgrade my G10 irons, but damn if PING irons are so freakin durable! Mine still look new and I have become way too comfortable with them to move to the G20.

Hanks took some videos of the sound of the G20 and K15 driver.

PING G20 Sound
[video=youtube;QVtSS-FL8e0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtSS-FL8e0[/video]

PING K15 Sound

great videos Hanks....So, which one you leaning more towards? I just persoanlly loved the K15 and think it will be hard to beat.

Back