Ping G20 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review here, thanks JB and Hanks. This sounds like a really awesome driver.

Good stuff Hanks, this will be on my testing list when I change out the driver. I need the high launch it offers.

Great review Hanks! It was very informative. I liked hearing that the low spin aspect of the driver was really working as you were seeing a block on mishits instead of a big slice.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great writeup! As a K15 user, I will more than likely be putting one of these in the bag. at least as a demo in 2012. I agree on your thoughts on the shaft options. Sooner or later they need to follow the other OEM’s in this area. I would also like to see them come current with adjustable options at some point. I also wish they move back towards giving us the ability to change shafts with the turn of a wrench. I once gamed a FT-9 i-mix and loved that I could change between two different shafts in seconds. I thought that was going to be the wave of the future, and poof it was gone.

I still love Ping for their great clubs and super customer service, but sooner or late they must step up to keep up with the other OEM's in many area's.

Very nice review!

Great review, Hanks! I've had similar experience using a friend's G20 (Tour). Really nice stick.

thanks cookie....the low spin aspect alone makes this driver worth it for someone who stuggles with lefts or rights. will it cure them, no. but it will minimize them to an extent.

Great review Hanks! It was very informative. I liked hearing that the low spin aspect of the driver was really working as you were seeing a block on mishits instead of a big slice.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I know PING has a lot of faith in their fitting sytem for irons, etc but to only offer a couple of shaft options for a driver in the age of adjustability and multiple shaft options is just odd for me...

Great writeup! As a K15 user, I will more than likely be putting one of these in the bag. at least as a demo in 2012. I agree on your thoughts on the shaft options. Sooner or later they need to follow the other OEM’s in this area. I would also like to see them come current with adjustable options at some point. I also wish they move back towards giving us the ability to change shafts with the turn of a wrench. I once gamed a FT-9 i-mix and loved that I could change between two different shafts in seconds. I thought that was going to be the wave of the future, and poof it was gone.

I still love Ping for their great clubs and super customer service, but sooner or late they must step up to keep up with the other OEM's in many area's.

Very nice review!

Great job on the review Hanks! I can't wait to demo this driver. It looks awesome.

Great review Hanks! I've been saying this club is on my short list fir next year and this review gave me even more confidence it could be the right driver for me. I'll still get fitted but hope this is an option for me. Thanks for your time and effort put into this testing.

Tapaway!

I think people who have stayed away from PING in the past because they felt their clubs were 'too good for them' would be missing the boat by not trying this one. It's not your typical PING club

Great review Hanks! I've been saying this club is on my short list fir next year and this review gave me even more confidence it could be the right driver for me. I'll still get fitted but hope this is an option for me. Thanks for your time and effort put into this testing.

Tapaway!

That was a great review T! I love how you described the sound, that is not an easy thing to do with just words alone. I can't wait to experience this club at THP Demo Day in May. You're also spot on with your comments regarding the shaft and PING's decision to stick with what they have always done. They really may regret not having other shaft options available, we'll see how that one goes in the future.

Stout review on a stout driver! I guess I can't help but ask though bro: is this baby kicking the K15 out of the bag?

Really excellent review Hanks. Will be looking to see you put the G20 through its paces in a few weeks when we tee it up in Reading!

I think you'd like this Jake....it may act similar to the J38 that you like only with a little higher launch.

That was a great review T! I love how you described the sound, that is not an easy thing to do with just words alone. I can't wait to experience this club at THP Demo Day in May. You're also spot on with your comments regarding the shaft and PING's decision to stick with what they have always done. They really may regret not having other shaft options available, we'll see how that one goes in the future.

Not sure yet man....gun to my head I'd say yes. I hope to get on the LM this weekend and get some numbers to chew on before making that call

Stout review on a stout driver! I guess I can't help but ask though bro: is this baby kicking the K15 out of the bag?

Oh it'll be there....my bag is going to be overloaded with all sorts of clubs for everyone to check out

Really excellent review Hanks. Will be looking to see you put the G20 through its paces in a few weeks when we tee it up in Reading!

Nice review Hanks. From what I saw when we played Id say game the G20, even with the stock shaft. I actually find the stock shaft to work quite well with this head.

Great review Hanks! Very thorough my friend.

This is definitely an exciting driver from PING. I have a feeling it's going to do really well for them. I like that it seems to mix the best aspects of the G15 and K15. Thanks for the thorough review, Hanks!

Nice review, Hanks. Definitely a driver worth looking at.

Nice review Hanks. The read got me so excited I Had to go to Ping.com and see what fits with there online fitting . Very Cool.

I thought this was one of the best reviews you have written, Hanks. Great job!

We think alike, GG! This is what I commented on the review, before I even saw this thread!

Wow, Todd, I have to say that I don’t think you’ve done a better job on any previous review. I can’t wait to hear if this does in fact become your gamer driver. I liked the looks of this thing when it was previewed earlier, and it sounds like it lives up to expectations. Keep us informed on this one.

Good review Hanks.

I currently game the G15 with a Seranno Shaft. I've tried just about every driver out there, and the G15 is the longest and most consistent. I use the 9 degree and have a very high ball flight.

Looking forward to giving the G20 a shot to see if I notice any difference.

Awesome review! Thanks to Hanks for putting in the time on this and thanks to Ping and THP for allowing this testing

I put some swings on this guy today. I really liked it. The head felt very solid and sturdy. The shaft felt a little weird. I am curious if a different shaft would change the dynamics of the club.

There's a long while and a lot of equipment coming out before next season, but I can say that this driver has put itself at the top of my list of pondering for a spot in my bag next season. I was impressed when I gave it a go with the non-tour shaft, but I'd like to go back and swing the lower launching shaft to see what difference I get.

I was very impressed by the amount of forgiveness on this driver. It launched high and straight almost every time for me.

Back