Ping G20 Driver Review

Travel west young man. I have a 10:30 appointment at Golf USA Wednesday. They have a full on PING Fitting cart which includes G20 heads and shafts.

well, if I head west I will be in Tennessee.

I dont need a fitting, I liked the stock shaft in the 15.

dayummmmm!!! I am sold. I loved the 15, and as you and Kmac have said, this is better.

Travel west young man. I have a 10:30 appointment at Golf USA Wednesday. They have a full on PING Fitting cart which includes G20 heads and shafts.

I think what makes the G20 so good is you can smooth it or step on it and it holds up. Its just a powerful driver. I think whatever they did with the shaft/head combo really works.

well, if I head west I will be in Tennessee.

I dont need a fitting, I liked the stock shaft in the 15.

Oops, LOL. I won't be in TN.

Dude, it's solid. It feels very heavy in the hands which is something I noticed immediately. I'm pondering cutting it down to be honest. I've been playing a 44.5'' shaft, but I'm nervous about chopping this one down to be honest.

I think what makes the G20 so good is you can smooth it or step on it and it holds up. Its just a powerful driver. I think whatever they did with the shaft/head combo really works.

Ahem.

G20, you smell like goose turds.

Signed, i20 the real awesome sauce of the Ping 20 family.

:angel:

I really liked this driver back in December, and it would have been my top pic before my fitting. Now that I'm looking at new options at the top of my bag, I need to reconsider this.

I really liked this driver back in December, and it would have been my top pic before my fitting. Now that I'm looking at new options at the top of my bag, I need to reconsider this.

It looks hell's a lot better than that AMP you like, I know that much :bulgy-eyes:

Whatever the stock shaft is. I don't know what it's called. Stiff flex, 9.5* head. So easy to hit. It's much better than the K15.

One-T, Fati said it's the best he's ever seen me hit driver fwiw. I hit 10/14 fwy's in this weather dude. Very, very dependable driver. I like that I could get after it and I never worried about that nasty pull.

Awesome. I thought the same the other night when I was hitting them in the sim. I can't wait to break it in on wednesday or thursday.

It looks hell's a lot better than that AMP you like, I know that much :bulgy-eyes:

You are absolutely right there, The Amp is not a looker, the G20 has a great look at address, not a huge fan of the sole but it still beats the Amp there. The Amp isn't terrible at Address, once you drop the Orange grip.

Ahem.

G20, you smell like goose turds.

Signed, i20 the real awesome sauce of the Ping 20 family.

:angel:

*shakes TMex* You and your made for PX Black...phfff

You are absolutely right there, The Amp is not a looker, the G20 has a great look at address, not a huge fan of the sole but it still beats the Amp there. The Amp isn't terrible at Address, once you drop the Orange grip.

I actually think the AMP looks just fine, especially without that grip. I'm just giving you grief dude.

I tell you one thing I really like about the G20, I feel like it's massive and I can't miss with it. That's a nice feeling.

I actually think the AMP looks just fine, especially without that grip. I'm just giving you grief dude.

I tell you one thing I really like about the G20, I feel like it's massive and I can't miss with it. That's a nice feeling.

That was my feeling with it as well, it was the anti-ultralight driver, it had some heft to it. I'm not sure I ever hit one that felt like a miss hit.

This is why I need to wait for demo day to make a move, I just need to hit all of these back to back, outside with no rush.

From what Ive heard the G20's head is one of the heavier on the market. And the couter balanced shaft makes it seem lighter. I still think it feels pretty heavy but it swings good. If that makes sense.

*shakes TMex* You and your made for PX Black...phfff

Hah. I mock the G and Tmex gets the shake. This is awesome heh.
I did like the PX black in the driver but it was a touch spinny. I have something else coming in mine :blowkiss:

From what Ive heard the G20's head is one of the heavier on the market. And the couter balanced shaft makes it seem lighter. I still think it feels pretty heavy but it swings good. If that makes sense.

Yup on both of them.

Counter balancing the shaft was a neat idea. I can't imagine cutting it down is going to do good things there though.

Hah. I mock the G and Tmex gets the shake. This is awesome heh.
I did like the PX black in the driver but it was a touch spinny. I have something else coming in mine :blowkiss:

Yup on both of them.

Counter balancing the shaft was a neat idea. I can't imagine cutting it down is going to do good things there though.

Ah sneaky Tuna I see. This was my fear in cutting it down and ultimately why I havent done it yet. If counter balancing make it feel lighter to swing it would almost seem like cutting it down an inch might make it heavier. Which is mind bottling.

Ah sneaky Tuna I see. This was my fear in cutting it down and ultimately why I havent done it yet. If counter balancing make it feel lighter to swing it would almost seem like cutting it down an inch might make it heavier. Which is mind bottling.

My mind is bottled. Nah, it's like I told you dude, I just think that cutting it down might be detrimental. I can choke up 3/4'' if I need to. I can't believe how well I hit today considering how frapping windy it was. Wind usually kills me off the tee, but not today.

My mind is bottled. Nah, it's like I told you dude, I just think that cutting it down might be detrimental. I can choke up 3/4'' if I need to. I can't believe how well I hit today considering how frapping windy it was. Wind usually kills me off the tee, but not today.

Yeah dude Im with you on not cutting it down. Just let it ride Long Tom style. Ddec likes the Long Tom btw. Results like that in that wind cant be ignored dude.

Yeah dude Im with you on not cutting it down. Just let it ride Long Tom style. Ddec likes the Long Tom btw. Results like that in that wind cant be ignored dude.

lol, old deano does like him some Long Tom.

Dude, I can't wait to stripe this thing on a calm day. I love the sound and feel of her though. The golf ball sounds hit with it.

lol, old deano does like him some Long Tom.

Dude, I can't wait to stripe this thing on a calm day. I love the sound and feel of her though. The golf ball sounds hit with it.

Back when I was smashing this thing I kept thinking of how it sounds, its just a POWerful sound.

Back when I was smashing this thing I kept thinking of how it sounds, its just a POWerful sound.

That's very clever of you Kmac. Not tour level clever, but oh-so-close.

Glad to see this thread getting some love. I bought the VRs but I don't think it's going to win out over the G20.

Glad to see this thread getting some love. I bought the VRs but I don't think it's going to win out over the G20.

IF the VR S wasn't a spin machine for me, it would be a serious contender. It's a pretty sweet stick too.

It's a higher ball flight but it carries a ton with the Nike. My G20 is lower but really penetrating.

IF the VR S wasn't a spin machine for me, it would be a serious contender. It's a pretty sweet stick too.

Maybe you should put them on a rotation system based on the conditions.

It would certainly make it feel head heavier.

That'll work too. One of the local pro's uses it and he's just wrapped a bit of electrical tape around the grip where he wants the heel of his top hand to rest. Seems to work well for him.

It's a higher ball flight but it carries a ton with the Nike. My G20 is lower but really penetrating.

You have both the G20 and the VRS driver? That is awesome, like OEM awesome. I got some got dang good numbers from the VRS driver, not sure if better then the G20 or not but pretty good.

Back