Ping G20 Driver Review

I have been using the club for the last couple of months. I have been in trying out some other drivers along the way as well, especially the lighter ones (Adams9088, Most recently the Cleveland Black) but this Ping keeps coming out ahead. I have had some outstanding driving days with it on the course. It is incredibly forgiving and I can just hit this one further than the rest. I have the non-tour stiff shaft and it works great for me. I went back to Golf Galaxy four days in a row to make sure that I got the right one. I also lose no speed with the heavier club because this one has a pretty good swing weight. This one is definitely worth a look.

I hit this at a demo day today, and came away very impressed. It was maybe the most consistent driver for me, I hit very few poor shots. I didn't feel like it was getting my quite the distance a couple other drivers were, but if I continue to hit as consistent as I did today I bet it will find its way into my bag.

I have been thinking about a G20 for a while but I just cannot pull the trigger. My G10 has been an incredibly reliable club and I am having a hard time parting ways with it.

I hit the g20again on the monitor, for chance I own one inn the near future

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

My issue with lighter clubs (vs the G20) was that that I could not control the club head nearly as well as I could with the Ping....

My issue with lighter clubs (vs the G20) was that that I could not control the club head nearly as well as I could with the Ping....

TS - the first lighter club that challenged that exact same problem for me is the Cleveland CG Black I'm currently testing. I love the swingweight/balance of the Ping G20 and think it is a great club.

Really enjoyed the review. I've strongly considered grabbing the G20 as I'm in the market for a new driver. This was very helpful and an enjoyable read. And, yeah, I definitely agree that it's a very visually pleasing driver (and headcover, for that matter). I'd definitely like to try this one out soon enough.

I'm really thinking about trying this out next week when I go for my lesson. I've got the itch for a new driver and I have a set of Ping G15 irons just waiting to be traded in for this one.

I played 27 holes with the G20 with the Tour D shaft last week. I am really liking it, I get a great ball flight out of it, and never seem to make poor contact. The weighting feels really good on it, and it led to a consistent swing for me. If I don't end up doing a fitting, this driver will make it to my bag

nice write up wakerider. I haven't his this one yet and really would like to.

It took me a few holes to get going today but once I did the G20 continued to provide amazing results off the tee. As forgiving as thing thing is it feels as if the entire face is the sweet spot. It is giving me a nice high ball flight and is very long. I can't praise this thing enough.

do you have the stock shaft in it?

It took me a few holes to get going today but once I did the G20 continued to provide amazing results off the tee. As forgiving as thing thing is it feels as if the entire face is the sweet spot. It is giving me a nice high ball flight and is very long. I can't praise this thing enough.

I wonder what it would be like to take that TFC 169D shaft from the G20 and replace the TFC 149 that's in the K15 .....

FLTC has something for this thread I reckon.

FLTC has something for this thread I reckon.

I reckon I do, but duty calls bro. Let's just say that I am very, very impressed with this long knocker. I mean, it's no tour head or tour shaft but it's a flat out go-get'er.

I reckon I do, but duty calls bro. Let's just say that I am very, very impressed with this long knocker. I mean, it's no tour head or tour shaft but it's a flat out go-get'er.

makes me want that K15 even more

OHHH so that is why TMex didnt like it... hehe :alien:

makes me want that G20 even more

I know right, its even better then the K15 you liked so much.

Solid purchase. What shaft did you get in yours? Hopefully mine gets here tomorrow.

Looking forward to it. You've only been pming me about this driver for a month now haha

OHHH so that is why TMex didnt like it... hehe :alien:

I know right, its even better then the K15 you liked so much.

this cant be true. hahaha

Solid purchase. What shaft did you get in yours? Hopefully mine gets here tomorrow.

Whatever the stock shaft is. I don't know what it's called. Stiff flex, 9.5* head. So easy to hit. It's much better than the K15.

One-T, Fati said it's the best he's ever seen me hit driver fwiw. I hit 10/14 fwy's in this weather dude. Very, very dependable driver. I like that I could get after it and I never worried about that nasty pull.

G20 Colonel'ing

Look forward to your thoughts on this one dude. I still have mine as its the one driver Ive been reluctant to get rid of its just good. Pretty sure he went stock stiff normal TFC whatever it is

Looking forward to it. You've only been pming me about this driver for a month now haha

I havent seen a deano post all day I come back to this gem hahaha well done.

this cant be true. hahaha

lol its good dude. I think it takes what was good with the K15 and improves on it.

Whatever the stock shaft is. I don't know what it's called. Stiff flex, 9.5* head. So easy to hit. It's much better than the K15.

One-T, Fati said it's the best he's ever seen me hit driver fwiw. I hit 10/14 fwy's in this weather dude. Very, very dependable driver. I like that I could get after it and I never worried about that nasty pull.

dayummmmm!!! I am sold. I loved the 15, and as you and Kmac have said, this is better.

dayummmmm!!! I am sold. I loved the 15, and as you and Kmac have said, this is better.

Travel west young man. I have a 10:30 appointment at Golf USA Wednesday. They have a full on PING Fitting cart which includes G20 heads and shafts.

Back