PING i230 Irons and iCrossover

I need to try these. When they first came out they just looked too small to me. Smallest iron I ever gamed comfortably was the i200 but the 230's looked a bit smaller than the 200's so it scared me off. Need to check the specs. My i200s were PowerSpec lofts. I like my G430's but after taking my old Altitude set on a work trip this last week (which have minimal offset) I realized I really enjoy the look of lower offset on irons. Up to the 8i in the G430's I am ok but the 6 and 7i in the G430's is getting up there in offset and it seems to screw up my alignment over the ball. Going to try these and the i525's at the fitting center today if I can get away.

I need to try these. When they first came out they just looked too small to me. Smallest iron I ever gamed comfortably was the i200 but the 230's looked a bit smaller than the 200's so it scared me off. Need to check the specs. My i200s were PowerSpec lofts. I like my G430's but after taking my old Altitude set on a work trip this last week (which have minimal offset) I realized I really enjoy the look of lower offset on irons. Up to the 8i in the G430's I am ok but the 6 and 7i in the G430's is getting up there in offset and it seems to screw up my alignment over the ball. Going to try these and the i525's at the fitting center today if I can get away.

Don't you usually play 6-PW? If so, you should not have issues. They are forgiving all the way to the toe, like all Pings. Get the right shaft for you. The i230's actually have a higher MOI than the i200 from what Ping says. I have power specs with the i230s.

The 525's will have more distance, are a tad larger, but not nearly as handsome and not as pleasant as to feel (I play graphite) as the i230 (realizing that feel is subjective).

Demo'd on course a 7i std length with DG105 R300 .....very solid , very straight and controllable.....all things I'm looking for since ridding myself of the i210s.

For the guys with spin issues, have you addressed your ball? The 2023 prov1 is a much lower spin ball than its predecessor.

Welp.....it took a minute but.....:)

20230811_200700.jpg20230811_200629.jpg20230811_200556.jpg

any former Ping G series iron player go for the i230's this time around? if so how are your experiences?

My son who is a high school senior got these irons couple of weeks ago. He absolutely loves them. So accurate and consistent. He lost some distance coming from his gi irons but the results are night and day. His first 3 nine hole school matches he has been - 1,+4 and even which is big improvement for him.

2nd round with these beauts .....
14 GIR'S, shot 70 with 4 birds AND the kicker ?
I bogied 2 par 5s with bad decisions on the layup....the other 2 greens were 5i pin high and 4i just short into the wind....
Next round Saturday is IMPORTANT!;)
Awesome to hear. I went today to my local fitting center. I thought the 230's would be too much club for my game but after analyzing my stats I am sitting at 79.7 scoring averaging for the season which is my personal best and figured maybe it was time to try something a little more playerish and not so much shovelish, lol. I hit the 230 well today so I scheduled a fitting Monday and the 230's will be in the mix.

Awesome to hear. I went today to my local fitting center. I thought the 230's would be too much club for my game but after analyzing my stats I am sitting at 79.7 scoring averaging for the season which is my personal best and figured maybe it was time to try something a little more playerish and not so much shovelish, lol. I hit the 230 well today so I scheduled a fitting Monday and the 230's will be in the mix.

Hmmmm... See if the Dart 90 Taper is a fit. Ping will install at no extra charge.

2nd round with these beauts .....
14 GIR'S, shot 70 with 4 birds AND the kicker ?
I bogied 2 par 5s with bad decisions on the layup....the other 2 greens were 5i pin high and 4i just short into the wind....
Next round Saturday is IMPORTANT!;)

So the next round .....

ANOTHER 70 with 14 GIR's.....6 birds 4 bogies ; not getting up n down once .....grrrrrrr
But I'll tell ya , if you want HIGH n STRAIGHT run don't walk and get i230s!!!

My heads and my club guy heads are not taper tipped..... not even close .....doesn't matter but I'm surprised

The I230 does not have a .355 taper hosel?

I'll add more thoughts about the i230s.....like the predecessors i200 n i210 , distance control is impeccable throughout the set..... however the long irons have less offset , smaller profile yet as easy if not better of a launch !!!

Also I'm seeing less turnover; not sure if that's a function of the tungsten toe screw and heel weight or overall design of head ...

I can't reiterate enough that if you're a low launch player or slower swing guy like me but loves long irons, then you have to try the i230s

Came close to ordering some t100 but the ease and consistency of the 230s is just so impressive.. there are other clubs I like the feel of a little better but performance is hands down with i230. Until this year I’ve never owned a Ping club and now I have 12 in the bag.

So the next round .....

ANOTHER 70 with 14 GIR's.....6 birds 4 bogies ; not getting up n down once .....grrrrrrr
But I'll tell ya , if you want HIGH n STRAIGHT run don't walk and get i230s!!!

So hadn't touch my stix all week .....
Went out today and hit 15 GIR's shooting another 70 .....if only I....nvm

Hit the 2 iCrossover today with a regular flex. Was surprised how well I hit it. I’ve had some recent success with Mizuno 4 Fli-Hi however it’s just a little short to fit my bag at 21°. A #3 in iCrossover could be just the fit. Couldn’t believe how high I hit it. And off the tee it seems like it could be “Fairway Finder” like the adjustability of the club. Might pick one up tomorrow at PGATSS.

Hit the 2 iCrossover today with a regular flex. Was surprised how well I hit it. I’ve had some recent success with Mizuno 4 Fli-Hi however it’s just a little short to fit my bag at 21°. A #3 in iCrossover could be just the fit. Couldn’t believe how high I hit it. And off the tee it seems like it could be “Fairway Finder” like the adjustability of the club. Might pick one up tomorrow at PGATSS.

And adjustable!!!

its been the highest flying easiest to hit utility I have hit

Back