A Benchmade Mediator.
6df610db4ec3c57cce44d1a9a341d638.jpg

I carry 2 knives every day. One with a fine razor edge one with a stouter, more utilitarian edge. Usually it's a Boker out the front for fine edge. CRKT M16-14T for the bull work.

My knife collection is pretty extensive. From a Case 11 1/2 I bought back in 1977 through the usual Bucks, Shrades, Ontario Knife
Kershaws, Pumas, Bokers, Case assortment.
I also have a number of original Marbles when they were made in Michigan. I have some old Camilus knives that were made in NY.
Most recent addition is a Benchmade automatic with a hybrid partially serrated Tanto blade. I purchased it to replace my CRKT m16-14T after I bent the pivot assembly on it putting a backhoe outrigger on it (doh!)
But CRKT sent me a new pivot screw and bearing set. CRKTs are made to work and not break the bank, and they will take a beating.
The blades are not so hard they will chip easily, but they hold an edge fairly well. Good work knives.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Kershaw - I needed to look them up for their exact names since it's been years since I have purchased them however:

1667381937224.png
Zing

1667382023330.png
Leek

I have a few Gerber ones that I keep in the truck, golf bag, emergency bag etc nothing fancy but quality and sharp.

When I was in scouts I was more Swiss army than I am now. I really want to get back into having a small one for EDC.

We have passive weapons detection in my workplace so I can't really do an EDC any longer.

Attachments

• 1667381899699.png
    1667381899699.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 6
Most days I carry a CRKT CEO compact.

I’ve got a bunch more though. The most recent purchase is a Boker Plus Gemma Damast that I got at Smoky Mountain Knife Works on the way home from the Bourbon Bash.

I just carry my old timer.

This one 90% of the time. When I’m not working it a GEC White Owl or an old Case serpentine jack. I used to have a fairly large collection of customs and old (pre-1900) knives but I’m not really a collector and I couldn’t make myself carry them.

0AA7C6B4-A3CB-4B6B-B10B-DE8D371458AC.jpeg

Old timer that was my grandfathers for years.....passedit on to my son a couple of years back and just haven't found the "right one" yet

I carry a Gerber Fast 06. It was a gift from my Son.

1667393240185.png

I'm a big fan of Kershaw - I needed to look them up for their exact names since it's been years since I have purchased them however:

View attachment 9132678
Zing

View attachment 9132679
Leek

I have a few Gerber ones that I keep in the truck, golf bag, emergency bag etc nothing fancy but quality and sharp.

When I was in scouts I was more Swiss army than I am now. I really want to get back into having a small one for EDC.

We have passive weapons detection in my workplace so I can't really do an EDC any longer.
The leek is one of the best selling pocket knives I think. That knife and apiderco are everywhere.

I have two Kershaw Oso Sweet. One that I carry and a backup in the drawer of my den.
1667438167597.png

I have a CRKT that I carried for a while. And then picked up a Camillus. Then picked up a Cutco pocket knife. That thing... it's scary sharp compared to the other 2.

Golpher Wichita, would be a really nice pocket knife without the extra features, but with a bottle opener, ball mark, and divot tool, it goes above and beyond.

DSC06259-2_2048x.jpg

DSC06285_2048x.jpg

Golpher Wichita, would be a really nice pocket knife without the extra features, but with a bottle opener, ball mark, and divot tool, it goes above and beyond.

DSC06259-2_2048x.jpg

DSC06285_2048x.jpg
How did I not know about this

How did I not know about this
I stumbled upon them on Instagram some time back, and picked one up after getting a big discount code from them. I hadn't carried a pocket knife in years, due to so much business travel, and not wanting to lose one to TSA because I forgot to leave it home. Travel is pretty rare now, so when I saw this one I just had to have it.

I stumbled upon them on Instagram some time back, and picked one up after getting a big discount code from them. I hadn't carried a pocket knife in years, due to so much business travel, and not wanting to lose one to TSA because I forgot to leave it home. Travel is pretty rare now, so when I saw this one I just had to have it.
It falls into the category of things I didn't know existed, but now need. 😁

Have a couple James brand pocket knifes that I rotate carrying.

I don't but have my grandfather and father's they carried with them everyday.

This is the Yukon. If you don’t have a pocket knife, you feel naked.

I keep one on me, in my truck, golf bag, work bench, backpack, night stand, TV room, kitchen, hockey bag…

My go-to lately is either a Swiss Army knife with aluminum scales, or one of my Leatherman Wave.

Found them in my night stand, pretty old. Top was my grandfather's, bottom my dads.
20221102_210209.jpg

Mine is a Puma deer hunter stainless lock back knife that I bought in 1975 when I was into hunting. It hasn't seen much use in 40 years.

Back