I’ve had a few of Hinderers. They’re really nice but overkill since I’m not in the field anymore. I’ve thought about picking up another Sebenza but my Bugout does everything I need
I luckily did not have to pay for mine... my dad(aka my boss)) goes to our county fair and buys random items as advertising, he has gotten into a fun habit of buying Rick's knives and giving them to employees. Rick's HQ is like 20 minutes from our house.

I have been carrying a Kershaw but have recently picked up a couple of the Hogue folders. They are a local company, I know the family and they gave my wife one in Tiffany Blue. Now we all carry a Hogue.

Originally bought for mountain biking and after seeing a mountain lion, felt a knife was needed. Mostly I open Amazon packages for my wife.

I don't carry a knife except when I go hiking, and it's my Boy Scout knife from the 60s. Enough tools, and it has a good blade that holds its edge.

For all you Leatherman fans, I went to high school with Tim Leatherman, the founder. We were also in Boy Scouts together. We were good friends. He is one of nicest and most humble persons you would ever meet.

IMG_1956w.jpg

Last edited:
The Golpher Wichita I posted earlier is probably going to spend more time in the golf bag instead of edc, I love that knife, but it is a bit heavy. Picked up this Kershaw Jetpack a while back, nice little 2.75" blade, and really light weight. I've never had a tanto blade before, kind of like this one though, and the assisted open works really well.

1401_profile_web_1.png

I carry an oldy moldy that belonged to my Dad. Probably 1.5 inches long. Comes in handy sometimes.

I have a hiking belt that carries a Buck Knife, and 18" Machete/Saw combo.

Just recently I gifted my oldest Grandson my collection of 24 Bowie (like) Knives. He is particularly fascinated with the two Rambo Knives in the collection. ;)

All these knives were collected over many years of travels. Some from other countries. I knew the junk from the real stuff.

I kept two of the Bowie Knives for sentimental reasons.

I carry a 2.5" S&W S.W.A.T.sw knife (2).jpg

Not a collector but have this one with me or in my car most times.

CRKT M21-10KSF

httpsimages.salsify.comimageuploads--ib2zoc4e--c_padw_1840h_824fl_clip.png8bevb4cffb450nsbjhee8.png

My trusty Benchmade, that's been all around the world, a few dusty places, and never fails.

20221121_185827.jpg

Also have an auto assist tanto, but it doesn't see much use.

20221121_190252.jpg

What is happening with pocket knives!? Can someone tell me what is so special about M390 knives to be THIS EXPENSIVE!?

What is happening with pocket knives!? Can someone tell me what is so special about M390 knives to be THIS EXPENSIVE!?

M390 is a really good all around steel. Really good rust resistance, easy to sharpen and stays sharp for a long time. Good toughness/resistance to chipping and rolling. That being said James Brand is overpriced hipster pocket jewelry for people that don’t use their gear.

The Benchmade is made in the US with a full titanium handle. You pay a premium for both of those.

For my beater work knives I carry CRKT. They take a beating and come back for more. My off duty knives are A CRKT CEO, or a Microtech OTF...CRKT will replace any part of the knife but the blade for free...not even charging postage. Love the way they stand behind their products.

M390 is a really good all around steel. Really good rust resistance, easy to sharpen and stays sharp for a long time. Good toughness/resistance to chipping and rolling. That being said James Brand is overpriced hipster pocket jewelry for people that don’t use their gear.

The Benchmade is made in the US with a full titanium handle. You pay a premium for both of those.
I know it's a solid steel but 600 for a Benchmade is 😳

I know it's a solid steel but 600 for a Benchmade is 😳
Even a bugout is well over $200 in Canada now, even nearing $300 in some stores.

I have a Boker Urban Trapper as my EDC and love how slim it is.

CIVIVI makes some really nice knives for the money
I'm one that isn't going to spend a bunch on a knife, I gotta keep it under $100, and usually well under. I've got a couple of US made Kershaws that I was able to get within my budget, but mostly have to get the nicer budget friendly imports. I agree about Civivi, one of the brands that have nice knives that fit my budget, and I really like this Civivi Altus button lock that I picked up a while back:

Civivi_Altus.jpg

I'm one that isn't going to spend a bunch on a knife, I gotta keep it under $100, and usually well under. I've got a couple of US made Kershaws that I was able to get within my budget, but mostly have to get the nicer budget friendly imports. I agree about Civivi, one of the brands that have nice knives that fit my budget, and I really like this Civivi Altus button lock that I picked up a while back:

View attachment 9183620
Civivi and qsp are my favorite 2 "budget" knives

1685753732533.jpeg

This is my new EDC. Boker Urban Trapper Damascus Blade, Cocobolo handle scales, Titanium frame and clip.

Love it!

The story behind this little pocket knife is very dear to me, and all these years later, still almost brings a tear to my eye....

It was back in 1972 way up in the Adirondack Mts of northern New York on a camping trip with my family. I remember going with my dad to the local store nearby and he picked up this pocket knife in the store. He cut my fishing line with it, whittled with it, did everything with it. After the camping trip, he kept it in his pants pocket. Everywhere he went, the Schrade 787 was in his pants. IBM business trips dressed in a suit & tie. Flying in an airplane down to Texas for an electrical engineers conference, and the pocket knife was still in his pants pocket. Helping me scrape off the water pump gasket on my old Plymouth Satellite car in high school, and again, he whipped out the Schrade 787 from his pocket and helped me out...

Sadly, in May of 2002, at 80 years of age, my dad passed away from congestive heart failure. When me and my older sisters all rushed down to be with our mom, she told me that he still had the Schrade 787 in his pocket in the hospital. My mom looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "He wanted you to have this..." and held out the pocket knife for me. I took the Schrade 787 and put in my pocket, hugged my mom, and well... I'm not ashamed... I just fell apart... 😢

It may be a 1972 Schrade 787 that's probably worth $25 bucks (if that), but to me it is absolutely priceless! I carry it with me everywhere I go, just like my dad did all those years ago. To relate this to golf, my dad's old Schrade has even repaired ball marks on greens! :cool:
Pops.Knife.2018.jpg

Back