Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

Barry nearly scores one too. The Bayern goalkeeper is certainly keeping busy today.

They just said Napoli scored against Villareal, crap.

Joe Hart had to stop a shot. It was an easy save, but at least Bayern took a shot.

Still 2-0 City in the 74th minute. No more updates on the Napoli game.

Dayum. They just said Napoli scored again. So it looks like it's the Premier League and Europa League left in the season for City.

Silva off, Sheldon Cooper on for City. Still 2-0.

Should be fun to see ManU and Man City play for the Europa League title instead of the Champions League. Leave it to the big boys like Real Madrid and Barcelona. :smile:

2-0 City. Napoli up in their game against Villareal. Done with the Champions League. City is the first team in 5 years to miss the knockout stage after scoring 10 points in the group stage. But they brought it on themselves, losing a game late after leading early, and allowing a tying goal late in another.

If the scores hold right now, ManU and Man City would both be out of the Champions League, that would be very odd.

EDIT: 30 seconds after I posted, Basel scored a 2nd goal against ManU. That certainly means the end for ManU in the Champions League, with about 8 minutes left in this match.
Well that's a silver lining for City fans I suppose!

Congrats to McKillian for winning week 14.

Overall standings. Waiting one more week for Fairway2Green to come back, then he will be removed from the group.

80618c26.jpg

A: I feel bad for City but as Smalls said, they played their way into the Europa league in a couple of the games. I wonder if they'll actually try and win it or dump out on purpose like the rest of the english squads

B: Oh, Man U. That was a shocker and no mistake. Far too casual assuming Basel would just roll over. I would have thought the previous game against Basel would taught them something.

C: That Ajax/Madrid game was a sham. Both Ajax goals were onside and it should have been 2-2 at the break. Callejon looks impressively dangerous though and wow did Ajax get slamed by the long balls.

D: The Lyon/Zagreb match is also fishy. I get that players give up when losing big time but wow. First there goalie didn't move on a couple of saveable shots. Then he let a pass right in front of him roll away for a goal for no reason. Then there was the defender that set up Gomis perfectly.

Now if I was Zagreb I would have lost as well on purpose and by as much as possible. A few years ago Ajax let Anderlecht beat them so they could progress over Zagreb so this is only fitting but still. Makes a mockery out of CL.

City still have a 5 point lead in the standings and don't play until Monday against Chelsea.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule

Saturday, December 10:
•Manchester United v Wolves, 10am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
•Arsenal v Everton, 10am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from foxsoccer.tv)
•Liverpool v QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
•Norwich City v Newcastle, 10am, foxsoccer.tv
•Swansea v Fulham, 10am, foxsoccer.tv
•Bolton v Aston Villa, 10am, foxsoccer.tv
•West Brom v Wigan, 10am, foxsoccer.tv

Sunday, December 11:
•Sunderland v Blackburn, 8:30am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
•Stoke v Tottenham, 11am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from foxsoccer.tv)

Monday, December 12:
•Chelsea v Manchester City, 3pm, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

All times Eastern.

A: I feel bad for City but as Smalls said, they played their way into the Europa league in a couple of the games. I wonder if they'll actually try and win it or dump out on purpose like the rest of the english squads

B: Oh, Man U. That was a shocker and no mistake. Far too casual assuming Basel would just roll over. I would have thought the previous game against Basel would taught them something.

C: That Ajax/Madrid game was a sham. Both Ajax goals were onside and it should have been 2-2 at the break. Callejon looks impressively dangerous though and wow did Ajax get slamed by the long balls.

D: The Lyon/Zagreb match is also fishy. I get that players give up when losing big time but wow. First there goalie didn't move on a couple of saveable shots. Then he let a pass right in front of him roll away for a goal for no reason. Then there was the defender that set up Gomis perfectly.

Now if I was Zagreb I would have lost as well on purpose and by as much as possible. A few years ago Ajax let Anderlecht beat them so they could progress over Zagreb so this is only fitting but still. Makes a mockery out of CL.

Didn´t see the Lyon game, but it sure smells Olympiqu MArseille - bad - Somethings up. Sure If you´re already out of the competition you don´t put in a 5 star effort, but you sure as hell put on a good show - Afterall this is the Championsleague! Being a french team I don´t see them getting inspected very hard with Platini and all.

Too bad for both Manchester teams being out of CL - but I hope they try and win the Europa league, its still a major title.

Liverpool vs Fulham was once again "one of those games"........ I´m getting a bit worried by the fact Lucas has been our most influential player with Suarez - and still no Gerrard in sight. What the heck did he actually do with his foot? Any rumours?? I mean an infection?? Come on, somethings not right here.

Good win today for ManU. Rooney gets his first goals in 10 games, which is nice for my ESPN game. They pull within 2 points of City, who have a tough game on Monday.

McMillan: I thought it was his groin again. Tried to train to hard to get back for the ManU match and hurt himself again.

Smalls: City is going to walk over Chelsea. I love my lions but there back line is horride. City is like the Chelsea of old with good players who can go forward with a back line to bail them out when needed. Half of Chelsea's back line is a calamity waiting to happen, they have the most expensive mis-firing strike force in all of europe and they're an injury away to Mata from being entirely screwed. Close game? I doubt it unless Drogba puts the team on his back in a bid to get a large paycheque elsewhere.

Just got home and turned on the City-Chelsea game on DVR. Balotelli scores 1:30 into the game. Terrible defense by Chelsea.

Meireles scors for Chelsea in the 33rd minute. Came out of nowhere. 1-1 now. Then he gets a yellow card 2 minutes later.

Clichy gets a second yellow in the 58th minute and City is down to 10 men. Gonna be tough to come out of this one with a win.

Lescott hand ball in penalty area. Lampard converts the PK. 2-1 Chelsea in the 83rd minute.

First loss of the season, and the lead is down to 2 points over United. Bummer.

Congrats to McKillian for winning week 15 with 65 points.

Season standings:

e83a67b0.jpg

Saturday, December 17:
•Everton v Norwich City, 10am, FOX Soccer (available after midnight from foxsoccer.tv)
•Fulham v Bolton, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
•Newcastle v Swansea, 10am, ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
•Wolves v Stoke, 10am, foxsoccer.tv/FOX Deportes
•Blackburn v West Brom, 10am, foxsoccer.tv
•Wigan v Chelsea, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from foxsoccer.tv)

Sunday, December 18:
•QPR v Manchester United, 7am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
•Aston Villa v Liverpool, 9:05am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
•Tottenham v Sunderland, 10am, foxsoccer.tv
•Manchester City v Arsenal, 11:10am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from foxsoccer.tv)

All times Eastern.

Watching the City-Arsenal game from yesterday. With golf and other things on TV last night, we aren't getting around to this until now. Took 52 minutes but City finally scored against Arsenal. Shot by Balotelli, a missed header by Aguerro and Silva finally gets it in the goal. Exciting play.

Watching the City-Arsenal game from yesterday. With golf and other things on TV last night, we aren't getting around to this until now. Took 52 minutes but City finally scored against Arsenal. Shot by Balotelli, a missed header by Aguerro and Silva finally gets it in the goal. Exciting play.

That was a really good goal. I didn't get to see it live, but my dad was watching the gamecast of this yesterday and later I saw the highlight of it.

And City wins 1-0 and stay 2 points up on United.

Lots of chances for both teams, City couldn't get it on target and Arsenal ran into a guy named Joe Hart.

Tuesday, December 20:
•Wolves v Norwich City, 2:45pm, foxsoccer.tv
•Blackburn v Bolton, 3pm, ESPN3.com

Wednesday, December 21:
•Manchester City v Stoke, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
•Aston Villa v Arsenal, 2:45pm, ESPN3.com
•Newcastle v West Brom, 2:45pm, foxsoccer.tv
•Fulham v Manchester United, 3pm, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from foxsoccer.tv)
•Wigan v Liverpool, 3pm, ESPN3.com
•Everton v Swansea, 3pm, ESPN3.com
•QPR v Sunderland, 3pm, foxsoccer.tv

Thursday, December 22:
•Tottenham v Chelsea, 3pm, ESPN2/ESPN3.com

All times Eastern.

Back