PUMA ProAdapt AlphaCat Golf Shoes

I hit some balls over the weekend out on a grass field wearing these. They are plenty stable and provide more than sufficient traction. Add in the extreme comfort and these take the number one spot in my collection of golf shoes. They remind me a lot of the Code Chaos, but I like these even a bit more. This is a fantastic release from Puma.
Love this!

I need to go back over to the store haha - damnit.

What size did you wear in prior Puma spikeless, like Biodrive Leather and Ignite NXT Pro?

I loved 11's in Biodrive Leather, 10.5 fit but something was off about them.

10.5 would have been right for Ignite NXT Pro's but I couldn't get my foot into the damn things, so I have 3 pairs of 11's that are like an inch too long but fit fine otherwise.
I can't really speak to anything previous to what I have now, which are the Deltas... honestly it got super confusing, and I think at one point I had to buy 10s because of the fit variance.

Just FYI, budget golf has more options available and the discount code works (or worked)
Yes sir!

I am leaning the black though - might be the first place to stock it gets my monies hahaha

My Alphacats arrived today. They are extremely comfortable. The EXO shell has almost a plastic-like feel to me. I bought the same size as what I would purchase in ProAdapt and the fit is right. If these work out on the course, they are going to become my number one favorite shoe.

I tried them on in the non Boa version and thought they were tighter in the ankle area for taking them on and off but damn comfortable once on. The outer material feels like a heavy duty marine vinyl so the certainly will be easy to clean and waterproof. I'll likely wind up with a pair in the BOA version, but right now I have 5 pairs of golf shoes that have seen the golf course for one or fewer rounds. I need to take a little break from adding to my shoe collection. :)

I tried them on in the non Boa version and thought they were tighter in the ankle area for taking them on and off but damn comfortable once on. The outer material feels like a heavy duty marine vinyl so the certainly will be easy to clean and waterproof. I'll likely wind up with a pair in the BOA version, but right now I have 5 pairs of golf shoes that have seen the golf course for one or fewer rounds. I need to take a little break from adding to my shoe collection. :)
My wife said I have too many golf shoes...I have 5 and 3 have yet to see a golf course

They definitely are snug to get on and off, which is not a problem for me, but it is a good point for those who might be bugged by it.

They definitely are snug to get on and off, which is not a problem for me, but it is a good point for those who might be bugged by it.
this is the non-lace version?

Interesting. I like that snug feature for sure though - especially once they are on haha

they are a bit snug to get on but not overly so for me...but i think that contributes to the stability of them. i haven't even thought about my footing the last 3 rounds in these.

this is the non-lace version?

Interesting. I like that snug feature for sure though - especially once they are on haha
Yes, but I think it is the same for the lace up. As you can see in the attached photo, there is not a traditional tongue that opens the shoe for entry by the foot. I have seen others like it and it is not by any means a problem, but I know some people want the opening to be very loose and that would not be the case with the AlpaCats.46CABE46-6115-438D-A410-A43E37A335F0.jpeg

Yes, but I think it is the same for the lace up. As you can see in the attached photo, there is not a traditional tongue that opens the shoe for entry by the foot. I have seen others like it and it is not by any means a problem, but I know some people want the opening to be very loose and that would not be the case with the AlpaCats.View attachment 9074466
I like that feature. Which has me strongly considering this shoe...even though I don't need them

I like that feature. Which has me strongly considering this shoe...even though I don't need them
I actually really like it as well. I am wearing my pair at the office right now and they are SO comfortable. I only addressed it because @tahoebum had also noted it.

I actually really like it as well. I am wearing my pair at the office right now and they are SO comfortable. I only addressed it because @tahoebum had also noted it.

have you worn other pumas in the past?

have you worn other pumas in the past?
I probably should add that I have not been a fan of every Puma release. However, I have found that anything in the ProAdapt line is absolutely incredible and that line of shoes truly fit my feet well.

I probably should add that I have not been a fan of every Puma release. However, I have found that anything in the ProAdapt line is absolutely incredible and that line of shoes truly fit my feet well.

that was the reason for my question...i have THOUGHT i loved shoes in the past but these are a whole new level of comfort and feel. it makes me want to grab another pair :LOL:

1c1d3c3aecb37a3fc7d1a23a29b9c324.jpg

That is a good looking shoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, you have my shoe! Wait until you wear it.

If these feel like I think they will I see myself grabbing a 2nd pair. I learned my lesson on my previous shoe hunt that if they fit great buy 2 pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was the reason for my question...i have THOUGHT i loved shoes in the past but these are a whole new level of comfort and feel. it makes me want to grab another pair
Based on your and other's recent reviews, I reordered a pair in a larger size today.

Back