Pure Shot Forum Testing Review Thread

+1, it is just an aid. I don't know for sure on price. But the yellow color is actually growing on me a bit, it made me focus more while swinging. Kind of like the white does for me on my woods. It's out of the ordinary and makes me take notice.

Correct and agree with the yellow. I like it way more than I thought I would.

Nice thoughts dmb and very well written. looking forward to the video.

I know exactly what you are saying O wise Ninja. It's like okay...I hit it off the toe...now what? I already knew that I do that from time to time....now tell me how to fix it!!

I just don't get this as a "training aid"

It seems like if you start hitting the sweet spot with fewer and fewer mishits, that this in fact IS the training component of the aid allowing you to tune your swing to hit the sweet spot of your driver... It seems like "fixing" involves playing with delivery of the clubhead until mishits go down...

Do you feel like it feels too different from your real driver that this tuning couldn't possibly translate to your real driver performance? Would it make more sense to turn your real driver around and train yourself to hit the ball with edge of it reliably instead? This way the weight characteristics would be nearly identical to the driver positioned normally and you'd be aiming for an even tighter spot to deliver a reproducible ball flight and thus maybe tune better?? I know this sounds crazy as you would be spraying balls like crazy. But maybe at low speed you could work something out.
Just a thought.

My video finally uploaded last night. I just added it to my post.

Posting from my phone at work...i got the pureshot out on the range yesterday for the first time, I apologize I havent posted my first full write up and videos yet. I have been having this crazy love affair with my new TMaG MBs, so after my range session I went to the course for a round. my full first write up will be this afternoon when I get off work. If it is not raining in a few hours I will probably take the pureshot out for another spin for some more thought before my write up.

So I vet a feeling that's couple of you feel this training aid can, in fact, help; but I'm still concerned that you could possibly get into a timing issue with what JRod described as a lighter club with a whippy-ish shaft. Are you concerned this will have an ultimate effect? Or do you think consistantly working back and forth between the PureShot and your driver will work?

So I vet a feeling that's couple of you feel this training aid can, in fact, help; but I'm still concerned that you could possibly get into a timing issue with what JRod described as a lighter club with a whippy-ish shaft. Are you concerned this will have an ultimate effect? Or do you think consistantly working back and forth between the PureShot and your driver will work?

I think it can help just as much as using impact tape on your regular driver. I didn't notice that much whip to the shaft. I wasn't really focusing on that though. I was focused more on hitting the sweet spot. I am going to try and get to the range tomorrow and I will try to focus on that point.

It is killing me I havent' been able to use this. I took it to a range before playing yesterday, because I remembered it is always empty and there are nets on both sides of the range. Well the nets don't start till 150 yards down range, and there are fairways and greens on both sides, so that was a no. I took it to my normal range after golf, and it started to poor as soon as I got there.

I think the pure shot has scared me into hitting the screws, ever since I found I out I was going to be testing it I have been killing my driver. We'll see if the pure shot can continue to help.

You need to get out and test this asap. Part of the testing was agreeing to test this out immediately.

I think it is going to help me. I can see how it might not work well for someone like JRod who prefers heavier shafys, but for someone like myself who just uses the stock shaft on my driver there isn't too much difference in weight and shaft flex. This training aid really depends on the users shaft preference

I have never been custom fit for a driver, if I had then this may not be the aid for me. This aid can potentially be good for those that buy drivers off the rack.

I have never been custom fit for a driver, if I had then this may not be the aid for me. This aid can potentially be good for those that buy drivers off the rack.

You are going to have to expand on this one for me. Even buying off the rack you will choose a flex that is "supposed to be" most accurate for your game. In this scenario of length and one shaft fits all, if the shaft profile is not close to what you play, would that not cause issues? Honest question.

And even more so than that, if the driver that you play is shorter or longer than this aid by even half an inch, could it not have the opposite effect in the end result?

Honest question here my friend;

What happens with you take this thing to the range before your round and you are just barely missing, but you see the ball spraying everywhere. Is this going to have a negative impact when you step up to the first tee and youre thinking to yourself... "I just had the worst range session ever" when in reality it might not have even been that bad?

I'm sorry I missed this but that is a great question. I would think that repeatedly seeing bad results from shots that just missed would absolutely kill my confidence

DMB I love the R11 comparison. I also thought that driver really punished on mishits. I have to say that I have really enjoyed your testings. Incredibly thorough on each one

DMB I love the R11 comparison. I also thought that driver really punished on mishits. I have to say that I have really enjoyed your testings. Incredibly thorough on each one

Thanks man. I am just copying your testing methods. :act-up:

Thanks man. I am just copying your testing methods. :act-up:

Haha it looks like it. I also have videos of shots being shanked around the range. Of course yours are part of the test

Haha it looks like it. I also have videos of shots being shanked around the range. Of course yours are part of the test

I will take the Pure Shot on the course to give you some shots of this. HAHA

Very good question JB. So far from my bucket yesterday I would say that for me, I play with a stiff shaft, and this pureshot has a stiff shaft and I felt it seemed comparable to my own driver when I hit it. Time will tell if this is going to hold true or not. It was only one bucket, and I tend to be good at adjusting to drivers when I have tried some of my friends' drivers, so it could be that betwern my own driver and the pureshot I am just able to adjust very easily. I can see how different shaft lengths would really throw a person off and could make this more difficult. I am going to spend quite a bit more time with it this afternoon. My time with it yesterday was a quick lunch break session so I was rushing a little bit through my.bucket to get back to work in time. Today I can take my time and really get a feel for how it works. I hope this answers your question at least a little bit, and I will hopefully be able to give yiu better analysis later.

Thanks for the answers to the questions.

Dmb, really enjoyed your write-up, thank you.

Thanks for the answers to the questions.

Dmb, really enjoyed your write-up, thank you.

Thanks man. This training aid is fun to try to hit. That is one cool thing it has over impact tape. I am going to continue to use it a the range weekly and see if it make my FIR percentage increase. That could always help.

Tapatalkin

Great write up DMB, I enjoyed the video too (nice shirt btw). I find it interesting that you (and CL) compared it to the R11. I have a couple friends who own it that say it isn't hard to hit, but that is for another thread and everyone is different. What driver are you playing now?

Great write up DMB, I enjoyed the video too (nice shirt btw). I find it interesting that you (and CL) compared it to the R11. I have a couple friends who own it that say it isn't hard to hit, but that is for another thread and everyone is different. What driver are you playing now?

I just picked up a Callaway Razar Hawk tour. Yeah the R11 wasnt bad to hit, but ask them about their FIR percentage. I would be surprised to see it over 50%.

Tapatalkin

Maybe that's all there is to it, you keep hitting balls with it until you begin to hit the sweet spot consistantly and that ingrains good thoughts in your mind....no "how to" for correcting mistakes..it leaves you to try and correct them, but it lets you know immediately what works and what doesn't...that way when you actually hit the sweet spot you know it right away and can try to repeat that swing over and over.

Maybe it's that simple?

Sounds like it may benefit hand eye coordination. For me that doesn't sound so bad, should lead to more FIR off the tee.

Went out again today with this thing for another bucket of 30 balls.

I'm trying my best to understand this "aid" but I just don't understand. I warmed up with my sand wedge as I always do before hitting a few with a 7i before moving on to the Pureshot. I hit the first 3 dead center and then had my famous high miss and the ball went sailing a mile into the air. I then went to my RAZR Hawk and proceeded to hit 5 balls pretty well. I then sat there and tried to figure out what exactly this thing is for and I honestly still don't have an answer.

What does this thing provide that my own driver with some impact tape can't?

I leave this question out to everyone, testers and non alike because I just don't get it. I don't want to start an argument here but i am geniunely curious. Personally I would rather learn to groove a swing with the driver I take to the course, but perhaps I am in the minority. I just can't see the benefit of spending this kind of money for something that really does nothing to improve my game.

I really appreciate ExcitoGolf for giving me the opportunity to test this thing, and it seems very well made, but I just don't see the advantage of it. So I ask you as forum members, and it may be difficult without having actually seen or hit the club, what is the advantage. I would like to have an honest and intelligent discussion about this so please feel free to speak up!

Sincerely,

The Ninja.

Ninja I am firmly in your camp on this. I can't see the benefits of practicing with something that is not what you will bring to the course. Plus seeing all of the awful shots that you will hit with this would kill my confidence. I would rather go impact tape. I hope it helps some of you though

Back