RBZ 5 Iron giveaway from Taylormade

Yeah, I am a little bothered by some of the post about scamming as well, but I guess people just see things differently no matter what the subject. I am really looking forward to getting mine. I went a looked at the RBZ 5 iron over the weekend and swung it a few times at Dick's. I really liked the feel of the club. I have trouble hitting my current 5 iron (as I do with almost every club in the bag), so to have something that feels better is a huge bonus.

It's on the "Official Rules" when entering. Basically all in the fine print.

Dont bring facts about fine print in here, Cookie. Let me continue being grumpy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got a skype message from my wife that my 5 iron was just delivered!! YUSSS!!! Cant wait to hit that thing.

Scamming? Really? I believe I said that my dad and I both signed up unbeknownst to the other. And I didn't even initially post the right answers. I just reposted when someone asked.

Took mine out today and a couple of things came up. It's just as long as my Nike machspeed sq 4 iron. The loft though looks about the same as the 5iron in the Nike set. However it is much easier to hit than that 4iron. My range is horrible so it's like hitting out of a divot every time. The grass is just bad. I refuse mats. So i used a tee the majority of the time. Anyways it went pretty high. Just as high as my Nike 5iron. Its hard to tell how far it went as I'm hitting into the sun but it looked like it went just as far if not further than my old 5iron. I'll game it next Monday to see actually how far it goes with my gps app on the course. Anyways I guess the moral of the story is I need a new range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great thoughts! Don't forget to post some of these reviews in the RBZ iron thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...248-TaylorMade-RBZ-Irons-Review-Forum-Testing

See above. Icemann was nice enough to show how to pick the right answers.
I have the club coming to me and those were not my answers, in fact I had just bought my irons 2 months when I signed up and picked the choice for buying clubs in over the next year. My feeling with things like this club is I'm gonna play a few times with it then give it to someone in our club to try it and tell him pass it along when he's done.

They may have certain things in their "Official Rules" stating how to be selected, but I wouldn't be surprised if they select specific markets as well. If they see a market with a large number of people singing up to receive a free 5 iron but the sales don't reflect that interest, I see as it would be smart on their part to give everyone in that market a free club. Regardless of their "qualifying answers".

Scamming? Really? I believe I said that my dad and I both signed up unbeknownst to the other. And I didn't even initially post the right answers. I just reposted when someone asked.

Hey Iceman...I can't speak for the others, but I just wanted you to know that you were not one of the ones I was referring to when I said "Scamming".

Got mine today feels really nice hit a couple balls into the farm behind my house and the ball really jumps off the face cant wait to get on the course for a round with it now to give it the real test.

Exactly, that annoys me. Just as people who didnt answer the questions to what they currently game, but instead searched for the "right" answers to get a free club. Maybe I should have put in there that I buy iron sets like it's going out of style...

Can't speak for anybody else, but I answered the questions with MY info not anything that I thought would get me a free iron.

I don't so much mind people giving certain answers to receive a product they want to try, if anything that shows interest and if the manufacturer didn't want people doing that, they wouldn't publish what they are looking for. What I have a problem with is, people trying and expecting to get multiple irons (for sale or whatever reason), or expecting to sell them, without ever taking them to the course and trying them out. That nerves me to no end. But, that is beating a dead horse.

Well I went home for lunch and behold when I went to leave to head back in there was a FEDBOX on my doorstep. I am excited to give this a try. I hit my buddies A7 5 iron and really liked it. This club seems to be about the same. I will report back after the range session and on course evalustion.

I don't so much mind people giving certain answers to receive a product they want to try, if anything that shows interest and if the manufacturer didn't want people doing that, they wouldn't publish what they are looking for. What I have a problem with is, people trying and expecting to get multiple irons (for sale or whatever reason), or expecting to sell them, without ever taking them to the course and trying them out. That nerves me to no end. But, that is beating a dead horse.

I believe they would be under some sort of legal obligation to tell how the winners are chosen in the rules. However, trying to get one just to sell it is not cool. If an extra 50 bucks is that important to someone as to do something like get one just to sell, they should probably start buying generic brand foods.

I believe they would be under some sort of legal obligation to tell how the winners are chosen in the rules. However, trying to get one just to sell it is not cool. If an extra 50 bucks is that important to someone as to do something like get one just to sell, they should probably start buying generic brand foods.

Definatly agree trying to get one just to sell is pretty shady.

Mine came today (from FedEx). Wow, am I far behind iron tech or what? Took it and my current 5 iron to the range and the RBZ destroyed it. Might hit it as far as my current 3iron (or further?), but only had the two 5's to hit so I'm not sure. Nice flight too.

Too bad I don't have money for a new set. I knew mine were old, but I finally got to see for myself just how outclassed they are by 10 years worth of improvements.

I got mine today and look forward to seeing whether it is good enough to start me thinking about replacing my Burner 1.0s.

I recieved my Iron on Friday, I took it to the range the same day and matched it up with my Mizuno JPX 800pro 5 iron. Needless to say i could tell the difference right off the bat, even though my 800 pro's are fitted for me, the rbz was longer and straighter. I let the guy in the next stall hit them and he was floored!!!. The next day I went to Puetz Golf to test out the RBZ driver, and wouldn't you know,,, the same guy from the range was there getting fitted and buying a new set of RBZ Irons....

After reading these posts, I'm really excited to get mine in the mail. I got an email late last week. I plan on giving a review on hp. I definately like the look of these irons so far.

I've noticed that several posters have mentioned replacing their 4 iron. Is that because of the strong loft/added length of RBZ or just pure distance gains? I just got mine yesterday so I haven't hit it yet. Because I play a hybrid iron set, the Adams 5 hybrid was a half inch longer than RBZ and the 4 hybrid was well over an inch longer in length. If the RBZ provides more distance than those clubs, I'll be blown away!!

I'm really surprised at how much thicker the topline of this club is compared to my 6 iron. I still haven't hit it yet, but it is a little chunky looking.

i got mine today, box was crushed, but club was good not a scratch on it.

How sad is it that TM doesn't even think I'm good enough to hit the RBZ's?:alien:

I got lucky and received my email last week even though my answers didn't match the "right answers" floating around on this thread. I've had my irons for 8 years now...

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get the club once you've responded to the winning email?

Back