Recap - The Morgan Cup [Spoilers]

Awesome video p4b! You did good ol boy!

Great video Jake. I wish we had spent more time together at The Morgan Cup. 90% of our time was spent together but it just didn't feel like enough.
I know, we should have easily been able to top 95% there. We really blew a great opportunity there.

Thanks for the comments on the video guys!

P4b great video man, you said everything perfectly. Wow what an experience it was. I can't wait to tee it up with THP ers again at the earliest opportunity.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Hey guys... long video. Love it if everyone could listen/watch it all lol. Had some shoutouts and didnt want to miss anyone. Don't make fun of me haha. It took 7 hrs to upload cause the playbook is slow...

[YOUTUBE]x_FGnrFPBBU[/YOUTUBE]

I was watching P4B's video and I was waiting for tears to start falling, he seemed to get kinda emotional there in a few spots as he reminisced on some of the weekend, lol. I'm sure it was a good time, I would be sad to go home too.

What score did everyone shoot in the Singles Matches? if they want to share, I guess.

85 for me. heres my golfshot recap.
cg13821MCrd3.jpg
[/IMG]

the penalties on the front really hurt... and i was in the sand waaaay too much on the back.. wish i could play 16 over again... that was a train wreck... and two putts on 17 just plain sucked... my worst putt of the entire weekend was the first putt on 17... and the sad thing was i was draining putts all week! the pressure finally got to me.. but i know i played well for my abilities - and its very hard to perform under the kind of pressure we faced... all those people following... watching... commenting... taping... asking questions... as you are trying to mount a comeback - wow its INTENSE!! and i wouldnt take any of it back - bc it was

THE GREATEST WEEKEND of golf i have ever experienced!!!

check this out--- this was our match:

AS -1 AS +1 AS -1 AS AS +1
AS +1 AS AS -1 AS -1 -2

crazy back and forth... never more than one hole lead until 17 when he was 2 up and the match was over then...

i felt great on 15 coming off with a win on that hole... he hit the green long... i hit it short - and he had a tough first putt - coming down from the top - downhill... he left it short... but he had too bc the green dropped 4 feet from the hole to the front (where i was) in only about 3 yards.... so if he went at it-- his ball would be off the green.

i went next and hit a great right to left - uphill putt - over the hump and it nestled up to the hole within 2 feet... he conceded -- and missed his par putt ( it was NOT an easy one... and i thought he made it the whole way...)

i just screwed up my drive on 16 majorly - hit it into the waste bunker right... then thinned a 7 iron out of the waste - advanced 100 yards -- but was still in the waste.... and sailed my 3rd over the green... made a desperation pitch back (needed to hole it, he was laying 2 on the green) which was as good as i could really make it--- hit the hill... bounced to fringe... rolled too far right of hole and long... maybe 10 feet for bogey... i conceded...

Jake and Marc,

Those were some great recap videos and they remind me why I like you guys so much.

Yoccos is right when he says biggsy is a great guy to play a round and talk to. We gave him lots of crap, but he is an amazing guy.

Jake, your video made me realize just how much I wish I was there.

All of you guys did an INCREDIBLE job of representing THP and your sponsor. You guys really made me proud.

85 for me. heres my golfshot recap.
cg13821MCrd3.jpg
[/IMG]

the penalties on the front really hurt... and i was in the sand waaaay too much on the back.. wish i could play 16 over again... that was a train wreck... and two putts on 17 just plain sucked... my worst putt of the entire weekend was the first putt on 17... and the sad thing was i was draining putts all week! the pressure finally got to me.. but i know i played well for my abilities - and its very hard to perform under the kind of pressure we faced... all those people following... watching... commenting... taping... asking questions... as you are trying to mount a comeback - wow its INTENSE!! and i wouldnt take any of it back - bc it was

THE GREATEST WEEKEND of golf i have ever experienced!!!

What is Golfshot? I like the looks of it

Hey guys... long video. Love it if everyone could listen/watch it all lol. Had some shoutouts and didnt want to miss anyone. Don't make fun of me haha. It took 7 hrs to upload cause the playbook is slow...

I'm not going to lie, it got a little dusty in here watching that video. Tmex, you're such an awesome dude, it's no wonder everyone you come in contact with loves you so much. I can't wait til the next time we get to hang out. Great video man, great recap.

a GPS/scoring app for the iphone... i use it to track my scores and stats for the rounds... but i probably shouldnt answer this- bc im sure my dad, coolbreeze, is going to pop in and tell me to start a new thread on it as i type this.

Its an app for iPhone or Android, golfshot GPS and cg13 uses it to keep his score as do I. Works great too.

Sounds like a great idea for a new thread.

Yoccos, I watched the entire thing, you did an awesome job with the recap. Thanks for the kind words about my family, it was really cool to have them out there. You did an great job throughout the entire tournament representing our team and your sponsor, and I would tee it up with you anytime. Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me this winter telling you that I'm coming out to Arizona, the winters up here in Boston are LONG and I'd love to tee it up with you sometime.

Great recap by everyone, TC, puttin4trophies and TMex. Great job guys and well said.

Hanger shirt, live in the flesh!

nice video brother!! i cant express the way i feel either - i loved sharing our little "neighborhood" of townhouses - drinking beer and hanging at the pool!! playing in the competition was humbling - as I consider you all PILLARS of THP, and to include myself in your shadows meant the world to me.

i cant wait to see you all again - miller lite doesnt taste the same if you are not laughing at TC and Jake's banter... or One-T's smile... or Dean's raft.... or Yocco's laugh!

miss it already - and am looking forward to whats in store in the future.

im still working on my recap - dont want to miss any details - im going to read again in the morning - and it should be completed.

night all!

Seems it's safe to say everybody was blown away by the experience. I bet I told five strangers about it in the airport and also talked to the guy next to me on the plane. Went to Golfsmith tonight and was raving about it. I like everybody's run down of each participant. I'm going to do it, too. As one of the guys who had never attended an outing, I was coming in cold. It turned out better than I expected.

Team Hackers:

Coolbreeze-My fellow lefty and I traded quite a few PMs prior to the event discussing our TM choices. We spent a lot of time side by side during media day, and we chatted some at the townhouses. I believe I would give him the "Second Sweatiest" award on media day. I'll let those who watched decide who was first. I regret we didn't have a chance to play together, even if he does have a crazy accent.

DirtyDawg67-Cool guy, cool golf swing, and cool sideburns. I figured I would like him when I saw those burns. He probably likes rockabilly music, and doesn't even know it. I shared the scramble round with him, and then he knocked me around a little bit at the end of our singles match. He's an interesting guy. I enjoyed spending the time competing with him.

JRod-I think the tall guy and I hit it off pretty well. I appreciate his intensity and honesty. Another guy I wish I could have teed it up with. I suspect that may be a theme in this post. We ran into each other at the airport, and it was fun killing an hour or so with him and his wife before heading home. I hope we make that October round happen, buddy. I'll bring the granola bars.

ADWillingham-Sorry to say it Donne, but you're a big sweetheart. Some guys are truly nice, and Donne is one of them. He finds the damn fairway with that left to right fade. Yoccos and I had to play our best to hold AD and DD67 off in the scramble. We shot -4 and they held on through 17.

CG13-Mr. Energy. Wow. He goes and goes and goes. He also seems like the kind of guy that would do anything for anybody. He was kind enough to wait for me to arrive late Tuesday so he could give me my irons. The irons he had driven out of his way to pick up at JB's and GG's. He probably deserves more thanks than he got for shopping and cooking. I shared a practice round with him on Wednesday at Reunion. I'm going to make a couple comments about his golf game, and I apologize in advance if it offends him. Matt, buddy, you have a pretty damn good golf swing. You need to stop thinking and start playing golf. Get off the range and on the golf course. Stop staring every shot down like it's the last one you'll ever make. Honest to God, your swing is fine. Stop thinking so much, and you'll start scoring. I guarantee it.

OEMKevin-I regret he and I didn't converse quite as much I would have liked. Even though we played a match against each other. For a smaller type fellow, he certainly can destroy a rack of ribs. Another apology beforehand. I know you love buying golf clubs, but dude, you have a decent swing, too. Stick with something.

JB-He's the man. You could tell he was pulled in 20 directions. It was hard for him to play when he also wanted to be helping run the event. The one thing that oozes from JB is passion. About the game, about THP, and about those who were playing in his event. It was so evident he wanted everyone to have a good time. It went well, JB. I think so at least. Sorry about that downhill bomb, but you have to admit, I left a couple short birdies out there, too.

TC-The giant. The bear. Warm, funny, loud, profane. Like me at his age, only larger and with more facial hair. Another regret is not teeing it up with this man. He's the heart of THP membership. You da, man, Gomer. You da, man.

Team Paradise:

biggsy-The Captain. Sometimes The Colonel. A real gentleman. A thoughtful guy from what I saw while playing a practice round with him. This event meant a lot to him, to the point where he took some heat for it. I'm glad he has The Cup.

One-T-Funny, funny, funny. Weird how the Calloway boys remind me of myself. I loved being around him, and we had a great time on the range. I'm glad the crop dust didn't cause a rash.

ddec-My best ball partner. We had some fun fending off JB. He drives the ball really straight. He didn't tell me much about himself, unfortunately. I hope to get to know him better at some point in the future. Enjoy your wedding. Being married is the best.

Jake-You're crazy, buddy, and I love it. Jake can make fun himself, one of my favorite traits in a person. He can also be pretty intense. Went home monkey free, which rocks. Get back to Cheeseland soon. This time we play golf if I have to kidnap you from your family.

The Belbs-Got to spend a lot of time with the The Belbs on and off the course on Wednesday. Believe it or not, he does hit it long. His go for broke style on the golf course is a joy to watch. He should learn to hit a knockdown shot after those 330 yard drives. lol. Not every shot has to bring rain. My God, they sound like jets taking off.

Ary-My other practice round partner. Such a nice guy. And such a nice family. I hit it off with his Dad instantly. The pride his family has in him is written all over their faces. That they were there cheering us all on was really, really neat. Ary, you have a beautiful swing. The finish is PGA quality. There are some fine rounds of golf in your future, there's no doubt about that.

Yoccos-Last but by no means the least. My scramble partner. All awesome, all the time. He's the tortilla to my cheese. Playing the scramble with young Yoccos was the highlight of my week. He is the guy that "gets it". We put up a little -4, and the dude was right there when I needed him, but more than that he enjoys every shot he hits, every moment on the golf course. I would tee it up with him anytime, anywhere.

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I was of the guys that had their wives, and in Ary's case, his whole family there. That was so great.

Finally, GG. What a gal. I know he does, because he told me he does, bu JB should thank his lucky stars every minute of every day.

Kevin

Great video Tmex, except now you got me all self conscience about my rambling. Good to meet you buddy. Hopefully we meet again soon!

I am sad that The Morgan Cup is over and I am back in VA. The weekend was an amazing experience that I will never forget. I enjoyed every second of it and made some friends for life...

Wednesday:

My wife and I left Nags Head, NC around 3:30am to drive down to FL. We got into town around 4pm and unpacked. I met Matt and a few of the guys in the house next door. Everyone who was in town met JB and GG at a local restaurant for some food and drinks. It was a great time had by all and we followed it up with a trip to THP HQ. I couldn't believe all of the putters I saw when I walked in. I was in awe and practiced my putting stroke with a few of them. Everyone just hung out and checked out the gear that was waiting for them. When it came time to leave my wife and I found out that her impala "broke down" right in the middle of JB and GG's driveway. This was pretty embarrassing, but luckily JRod wasn't too far away. Josh and Morgan sat out in the driveway with us for a while and we all just chatted until JRod got there. It ended up being something stupid with a safety mechanism and we were on out way in no time. It was fixed the next day at the dealership and luckily it was under warranty.

Thursday:

I got to experience a little of Grand Cypress before the outing next May. We played the North/South course and it was tough. The greens are very small and have some crazy undulations in spots. Matt (cg13) and I played a scramble against TC and OEM. It was very relaxed and we were able to pick up the W. CG's wedge game is pretty damn good and he also piped some drives out there after Lucas gave him a few tips.

We had a BBQ later that night at the townhouse where Matt cooked about a million brats and burgers. Mother nature decided to be a b*tch and pour rain on Matt and my wife as they cooked. So much rain that the pool flooded and they were standing in 4" of water was on the patio. The food tasted great and we all washed them down with some beers and had a great evening. I think there may be some epic videos on One-T's flip that probably won't ever be seen.

Friday:

Media day! Everyone hit balls and cut promos for their sponsors. I was very nervous about this coming in, but it wasn't too bad at all. I think I may have hit too many balls though. My hands were pretty well blistered up that afternoon. We got to meet Scott Walker and he gave us some tips for cutting out final promo. He was a great dude and hit some balls on the range after. He can pound some drives! I also got to chat it up with Charlie (TM rep) about a lot of TaylorMade products and staffers. He was actually headed to NY after media day to work with DJ for the 1M-th white metalwood.

We all went to the THP bbq that night and I got to experience some amazing food. The bbq quesadillus were great and TC told us all about his love for Cobra products. It was 'effin hilarious and I even saw Charlie laughing about it.

Saturday:

In the morning round Donne (ad) and I played against Marc (yoccos) and Kevin (esox). This was an a very fun round and they are all a great group of guys. Donne definitely carried out team for a few holes while I was hanks'in around Reunion. Donne was finding the short grass and hitting some close approach shots. We worked very well together, but neither of us could sink a putt. Esox is a wedge master! They wouldn't hit the green in reg, while Donne and I would and we were still halving holes. Marc would wedge one to about 5 or 6 feet and then Esox would stick it to 2 feet. They definitely put on a short game clinic. I enjoyed that round a lot and would play golf with those guys any day of the week. There was a house on hole 5 (I think) that seriously had about 5 windows that were broken or shattered from errant tee shots. I wish I had taken a picture and i am sure their insurance company hates them. There is a rumor that Marcawesome may have hit that same house.

In the afternoon TC and I battled Belbin and Ary. Belbin hits it freaking long! I was hoping for some hard hooks or slices, but he kept hitting the damn ball straight. It was actually amazing to see, but extremely tiring on my golf game to be out driven by a mile on each hole. The few holes that Belbin did mess up on, Ary was right there to pick up the bird or par. They worked very well together and made for a great team. TC and I played well the first few holes until the rain stopped and I got hungry and we just couldn't catch back up. I played like a moron for the rest of the round until I got a snack from CG on hole 14. It was too late though, as we were closed out on the next hole. This was another very fun round and would play with them any day. TC is a great golfer and definitely keeps me laughing. This is the one match I would like to play over. I'm still waiting on that damn cart girl to bring me my mountian dew she promised to bring me that afternoon during the morning round. It was great hearing Ary's family cheering for everyone when we would hit great shots.

Sunday:

I played Esox bright and early that morning. This match was back and forth all morning and we ended up AS going into 17 after esox graciously gave me a 4 footer on 16. I ended up with a bird on 17 and went into 18 1 up. Esox and I put our tee shots on 18 within 8' of one another right in the middle of the fairway. He did out drive me by 2 yards and we were both left with right around 105 yards to the stick. This is Esox's wheel house so I knew I was in trouble. I hit my R11 AW right at the stick, but ended up 30 feet short. The golf god's must have been on my side because Esox mishit his wedge back left off of the green and didn't hit a great chip (for once) onto the green. I ended up 2 up after Kevin gave me a 5 footer for par. I honestly didn't care if we finished AS because that was a great round. I love playing golf with Esox and we chatted it up quite a bit during the round. It felt like I was out there just playing a casual round with a friend. I ended up shooting a 75 and Kevin was just a few strokes behind.

Everyone headed back to the board room and TP was presented their trophy. They all played well and deserved the victory. We all headed to Chilli's after for some lunch and followed that up later that night with 36 holes of putt putt. It was still very humid and I think we all may have been a little miserable on the second 18. DDec ended up being the overall winner and snagged a pretty good prize.

The next morning everyone said their goodbyes and we all brohugged it up. I will never forget this weekend and I am so blessed to have been apart of it. I can't thank JB and GG enough for following their dream of putting this event on. It sounds like TM and Callaway were very pleased and the media day streaming was a big success. This is getting long, but I have some more to say that I will put in another post.

Thanks THP, TaylorMade, Callaway, and Reunion Resort for making dreams come true. TH and TP...I love all of you guys and wish we could all still be down there hanging out and playing some golf.

Great recaps guys! I'm enjoying reading them and watching the videos.

Great recap DD. Thanks for sharing:golf2::highfive:

CG13-Mr. Energy. Wow. He goes and goes and goes. He also seems like the kind of guy that would do anything for anybody. He was kind enough to wait for me to arrive late Tuesday so he could give me my irons. The irons he had driven out of his way to pick up at JB's and GG's. He probably deserves more thanks than he got for shopping and cooking. I shared a practice round with him on Wednesday at Reunion. I'm going to make a couple comments about his golf game, and I apologize in advance if it offends him. Matt, buddy, you have a pretty damn good golf swing. You need to stop thinking and start playing golf. Get off the range and on the golf course. Stop staring every shot down like it's the last one you'll ever make. Honest to God, your swing is fine. Stop thinking so much, and you'll start scoring. I guarantee it.

hehe i know i over think it - its a problem! its high on the list to fix in the next few months.

great recap dirtydawg, that was a fun round thursday at grand cypress - it was nice hitting wedges in from your drives lol - they were so F-ing long.

Back