Recap - The Morgan Cup [Spoilers]

TC: You're a great dude! I enjoyed meeting you and would tee it up with you anytime. Hopefully we can get together from time to time to tee it up mountain style! You always kept me laughing and we definitely need a rematch against Ary/Belbin. Thanks for being a great Captain!

One-T: I don't think anyone made me laugh more than you man. I wish we had gotten to play some golf together though. It was great getting to know you and we definitely need to meet up when you are in my neck of the woods. I think a Calloway/DJ/OEM/Whoever else outing may be in order. Congrats on the son!

OEM Kevin: I always enjoy when we meet up and get a round in. It was great getting to know you even more in FL. Renditions is calling our name...I also secretly enjoyed being able to watch some of the MC vids on my Xoom when you couldn't on you iPad, lol.

Marcawesome: Dude, you're awesome! I had a lot of fun during our round saturday and hanging out. I would golf with you anytime bro! I still need to hit the hawk with the attas, lol. Take it easy man.

CG13: You're a great guy and I enjoyed getting to know you. I can't thank you enough for hauling me around Orlando, lol. We made a great team Thursday at Grand Cypress taking down TC/OEM. I know what it feels like to have 1000 swing thoughts running through your mind. You have a great swing and if you can focus on one thought you will be golden. Honestly, the Swing Thought band helped me out a lot. You make a killer burger too man. See you next May!

Breeze: I loved talking Canada with you and getting to know what makes you so cool. You seemed like you were always relaxed and well, cool. I wish we got to tee it up.

JRod: The silent assassin isn't really silent. Dude, you were freaking hilarious and I love your sense of humor. I was watching you pound some golf balls on the range and they were freaking long. I hope we get to play some golf together one day.

Jake: I could sit around all day and listen to you talk, man. You are a funny dude and I enjoyed getting to know you. I feel smarter now that I have "hanger shirts" in my vocab. I have been calling in them polo's and button down's all this time, and to find out I could just call them hanger shirts is freaking great. From now on I am going to pronounce tour as "tewer". No more "tore" for me! One more thing...how the hell do you jake straight a wedge?

Belbin: It was a pleasure getting to know you and to be outdriven by atleast 50 yards every hole. You have a great swing that generates a lot of power. Hopefully we get to tee it up again at the next outing, but just make sure you keep some food in your golf bag. I get hungry...

Ary: You were one of the nicest guys there and really fun to golf with. Some of those putts you made definitely took the wind out of my sails though. I still don't know how you were able to play golf during the event after hitting all of those balls friday. You were a grinder! Take it easy man and enjoy the matts all around Boston.

Donne: It was a pleasure playing with you Saturday morning, Mr Fairway. You were a great guy with a surprising sense of humor. I enjoyed every minute of our round and look forward to seeing you next May. Kristen told me to tell you and your wife "hi!".

Biggsy: It was great getting to finally talk with you in person. I wish we were able to tee it up, but I enjoyed getting to know you. Enjoy the cup and I will see you next may.

JB: It was great finally getting to meet the Effin Wow Factor. Thank you so much for welcoming my wife and I into your home. I hope we are able to get a round in next May at GC. I will try my best to keep up, lol. Thanks for everything you do and have done! I love THP.

Ddec: You're a fun dude and it was a pleasure to finally get to know you. I wish we had gotten a round in, but we definitely need to meet sometime before winter sets in. Maybe a little Jersey get together. Good luck with the wedding man!

Esox: It was my pleasure getting to meet and play golf with you. I really enjoyed our rounds together, just chatting it up. Hopefully we cross paths again someday. Take it easy and good luck to your daughter in pursuing golf. I hope to see her on tv someday so I can tell whoever's around "I beat her dad one sunday morning". In all honesty, I didn't care how that match went. It was a pleasure riding around Reunion with you chasing those penta's around.

Josh and Morgan, Thank you so much for everything you have done to make TMC a reality. I know it was a lot of hard work, and at times probably unpleasant, but I think it was worth it in the end. You two have molded something great here with THP and I thank you for that. This is an awesome community that has amazing member support. I can't thank you guys enough for everything you do.

Morgan, it was nice to finally meet you. Just from reading your PM's over the past few months I have thought you were one of the nicest people on the planet. My thoughts became reality this past week. My wife told me to tell you hi and that she really enjoyed chatting with you and the other wives last friday night. Take it easy and make Josh take you on a vacation. You definitely deserve it!

TaylorMade, you guys rock! You have a customer for life and I can't thank you enough. All of the equipment is amazing! I can't stop looking at the staff bag with the R11 irons in it.

Good luck to everyone! It was awesome finally getting to meet everybody. I love all of you and can't wait to see you guys again. Hopefully, all/most of you will be at the outing next may so we can relive some stories and make some new ones. The 5 year reunion definitely needs to take place!

Thanks for the love guys. I think I need sleep now. Its been a looong day. I have to fire the combine up bright and early tomorrow.

great recap dirtydawg, that was a fun round thursday at grand cypress - it was nice hitting wedges in from your drives lol - they were so F-ing long.

Thanks Matt! We definitely need to meet up sometime to get a round or two in.

Some awesome writeups by DD and Esox. Great video Yoccos.

I just can't reiterate how important this all was to me. I can honestly say this is by far the best time golfing I've ever had and other than my wedding this is probably the best time I've had in the past 15 years. Sad it was over so fast. I wish work would go by that fast.

Jeez, you guys are bringing tears to the Mountain Man's eyes this morning.

It's hard to imagine the emotions everyone is feeling now that they're home. What a wonderful experience for you all. I'm glad the Morgan Cup was as wonderful as everyone had hoped it would be and then some. It's been really cool to follow. You guys are great!

DirtyDog and Esox those were some great writeups this morning, and last night I tried to watch Yoccos' video but I got something in my eye. You're the man buddy.

Loving all of the recaps and the videos. That few days went by way too fast

Great write ups and videos for me to see this morning!!

There is some incredible stuff in this thread. Proves once again just how amazing this "family" is.

There is some incredible stuff in this thread. Proves once again just how amazing this "family" is.

good call SW!

Weds night when everyone was filling in to our townhouse most of us stayed up will 2:30 in the morning just talking. Jake, Jrod, Biggsy, Yoccos, and I just stayed up bsing with each other. None of us really wanted to go to bed. It wasn't till someone noticed it was so late that we decided to pass out. The next morning everyone was saying how they could have pulled an all nighter just getting to know each other. It was a great time that really carried over to every night. For those in the townhouse there really wasn't an early night.

Epic Multiquote... I had to cut the recaps down because it wouldnt let me post it all...

Great video Tmex, except now you got me all self conscience about my rambling. Good to meet you buddy. Hopefully we meet again soon!

Dude you dont ramble!!! Thats the best part! Effing hilarious man.

Seems it's safe to say everybody was blown away by the experience. I bet I told five strangers about it in the airport and also talked to the guy next to me on the plane. Went to Golfsmith tonight and was raving about it. I like everybody's run down of each participant. I'm going to do it, too. As one of the guys who had never attended an outing, I was coming in cold. It turned out better than I expected........

Finally, GG. What a gal. I know he does, because he told me he does, bu JB should thank his lucky stars every minute of every day.

Kevin

I'm so glad we got the opportunity man. I know football season will be interesting haha.

Great recap by everyone, TC, puttin4trophies and TMex. Great job guys and well said.

My anchor mate!

Yoccos, I watched the entire thing, you did an awesome job with the recap. Thanks for the kind words about my family, it was really cool to have them out there. You did an great job throughout the entire tournament representing our team and your sponsor, and I would tee it up with you anytime. Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me this winter telling you that I'm coming out to Arizona, the winters up here in Boston are LONG and I'd love to tee it up with you sometime.

You better dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanger shirt, live in the flesh!

I loved this video for many reasons. One of my favorite people dude and a great friend.

“The Breeze’s” Morgan Cup Recap.

After trying to get some work done and gather my thoughts, I thought it was time to get everything down on the forum and let the people know abooot the Morgan Cup from a Canadian perspective..................

Breeze, our car ride was freaking epic! I loved it. I felt so short though haha

"The Belbs" Morgan Cup Recap...

Wednesday - Arrival Day

I got in about 2:30. I met DDec at the airport, and we picked up the Crown Vic rental car. We headed to the townhouse where we were staying, and found that Biggsy was already there. It was just like seeing an old friend, we started chatting and soon enough it was time to go back to the airport to pick up CoolBreeze, Puttin4CrabCakes, and Yocos. We headed out to dinner with everyone else who was already in Orlando, then to Casa de THP to pick up the remaining gear. I have to say JB and GG live and breathe golf, their home is littered with everything golf. I could not believe how nice everything that TaylorMade provided was. The outfits are outstanding, and the clubs were perfect and the custom numbered balls just topped it off completely. TaylorMade has made a fan for life with "The Belbs".............

Great recap buddy. Can't wait to see you at the next outing.

Where to start on this recap? This event has been building up for me for months. It was an idea then quickly it became a reality. Once Captains were announced and teams made, the thread had it's highs and lows but in the end, it's b/c we were all ready to experience something truly unique. My MC adventure began on Wednesday and I didn't sleep until Friday. I don't know if it was excitement of the 5 hour energy drinks but I didn't care. I was running on little sleep and all I could think about was getting my staff bag set up and seeing all of my friends on the range at Grand Cypress!..........

Helluva recap buddy. You were on fire all weekend dude.

that was some epic coloneling right there Tmex

I think the Colonel has now graduated to the Admiral, especially since he's eating cereal out of the MC.

I think the Colonel has now graduated to the Admiral, especially since he's eating cereal out of the MC.

that's a valid point

Great recaps everyone, I love reading what you all have to say about hanging out with me and everyone else. I know that no matter what this will go down as one of the best experiences of my life and to get to share it with all of you made it even better. We are a lucky group.

DirtyDawg mentioned the bro hugs on Monday morning...I've never in my life seen so many bro hugs, we might have set a record. There were a few actual hugs thrown in there too, like the one that I had to chase JB down for after he closed me out on hole 15. Don't run from the hugs man....you just gotta hug it out sometimes.

Great recaps everyone, I love reading what you all have to say about hanging out with me and everyone else. I know that no matter what this will go down as one of the best experiences of my life and to get to share it with all of you made it even better. We are a lucky group.

DirtyDawg mentioned the bro hugs on Monday morning...I've never in my life seen so many bro hugs, we might have set a record. There were a few actual hugs thrown in there too, like the one that I had to chase JB down for after he closed me out on hole 15. Don't run from the hugs man....you just gotta hug it out sometimes.

Lol. I got one bro hug out of JB that weekend. It was epic. I think he created bro hugs. I wish we all could be bro hugging right now.

Lol. I got one bro hug out of JB that weekend. It was epic. I think he created bro hugs. I wish we all could be bro hugging right now.

JB gave me a firm handshake and a slap on the back. Now I"m jealous others got bro hugs.

Great recap DD!!!

TC: You're a great dude! I enjoyed meeting you and would tee it up with you anytime. Hopefully we can get together from time to time to tee it up mountain style! You always kept me laughing and we definitely need a rematch against Ary/Belbin. Thanks for being a great Captain!

One-T: I don't think anyone made me laugh more than you man. I wish we had gotten to play some golf together though. It was great getting to know you and we definitely need to meet up when you are in my neck of the woods. I think a Calloway/DJ/OEM/Whoever else outing may be in order. Congrats on the son!

OEM Kevin: I always enjoy when we meet up and get a round in. It was great getting to know you even more in FL. Renditions is calling our name...I also secretly enjoyed being able to watch some of the MC vids on my Xoom when you couldn't on you iPad, lol.

Marcawesome: Dude, you're awesome! I had a lot of fun during our round saturday and hanging out. I would golf with you anytime bro! I still need to hit the hawk with the attas, lol. Take it easy man.

CG13: You're a great guy and I enjoyed getting to know you. I can't thank you enough for hauling me around Orlando, lol. We made a great team Thursday at Grand Cypress taking down TC/OEM. I know what it feels like to have 1000 swing thoughts running through your mind. You have a great swing and if you can focus on one thought you will be golden. Honestly, the Swing Thought band helped me out a lot. You make a killer burger too man. See you next May!

Breeze: I loved talking Canada with you and getting to know what makes you so cool. You seemed like you were always relaxed and well, cool. I wish we got to tee it up.

JRod: The silent assassin isn't really silent. Dude, you were freaking hilarious and I love your sense of humor. I was watching you pound some golf balls on the range and they were freaking long. I hope we get to play some golf together one day.

Jake: I could sit around all day and listen to you talk, man. You are a funny dude and I enjoyed getting to know you. I feel smarter now that I have "hanger shirts" in my vocab. I have been calling in them polo's and button down's all this time, and to find out I could just call them hanger shirts is freaking great. From now on I am going to pronounce tour as "tewer". No more "tore" for me! One more thing...how the hell do you jake straight a wedge?

Belbin: It was a pleasure getting to know you and to be outdriven by atleast 50 yards every hole. You have a great swing that generates a lot of power. Hopefully we get to tee it up again at the next outing, but just make sure you keep some food in your golf bag. I get hungry...

Ary: You were one of the nicest guys there and really fun to golf with. Some of those putts you made definitely took the wind out of my sails though. I still don't know how you were able to play golf during the event after hitting all of those balls friday. You were a grinder! Take it easy man and enjoy the matts all around Boston.

Donne: It was a pleasure playing with you Saturday morning, Mr Fairway. You were a great guy with a surprising sense of humor. I enjoyed every minute of our round and look forward to seeing you next May. Kristen told me to tell you and your wife "hi!".

Biggsy: It was great getting to finally talk with you in person. I wish we were able to tee it up, but I enjoyed getting to know you. Enjoy the cup and I will see you next may.

JB: It was great finally getting to meet the Effin Wow Factor. Thank you so much for welcoming my wife and I into your home. I hope we are able to get a round in next May at GC. I will try my best to keep up, lol. Thanks for everything you do and have done! I love THP.

Ddec: You're a fun dude and it was a pleasure to finally get to know you. I wish we had gotten a round in, but we definitely need to meet sometime before winter sets in. Maybe a little Jersey get together. Good luck with the wedding man!

Esox: It was my pleasure getting to meet and play golf with you. I really enjoyed our rounds together, just chatting it up. Hopefully we cross paths again someday. Take it easy and good luck to your daughter in pursuing golf. I hope to see her on tv someday so I can tell whoever's around "I beat her dad one sunday morning". In all honesty, I didn't care how that match went. It was a pleasure riding around Reunion with you chasing those penta's around.

Josh and Morgan, Thank you so much for everything you have done to make TMC a reality. I know it was a lot of hard work, and at times probably unpleasant, but I think it was worth it in the end. You two have molded something great here with THP and I thank you for that. This is an awesome community that has amazing member support. I can't thank you guys enough for everything you do.

Morgan, it was nice to finally meet you. Just from reading your PM's over the past few months I have thought you were one of the nicest people on the planet. My thoughts became reality this past week. My wife told me to tell you hi and that she really enjoyed chatting with you and the other wives last friday night. Take it easy and make Josh take you on a vacation. You definitely deserve it!

TaylorMade, you guys rock! You have a customer for life and I can't thank you enough. All of the equipment is amazing! I can't stop looking at the staff bag with the R11 irons in it.

Good luck to everyone! It was awesome finally getting to meet everybody. I love all of you and can't wait to see you guys again. Hopefully, all/most of you will be at the outing next may so we can relive some stories and make some new ones. The 5 year reunion definitely needs to take place!

JB doesn't hug, hell, he even barely says good bye. He's the effin wow factor.

Im loving these recaps guys! ive tried to keep up with as much MCness as I could. Its truly amazing how THP brings together all the best dudes for a one of a kind golf experience! Cant wait to meet you all one day..

No he doesnt, I snuck it in! BAM!

Like a border crossing! Pow! I bro hugged a bunch down there. I bro hugged my woman when I got home.

There certainly were a lot of bro hugs Monday morning. I think One-T actually pinched my butt too.

JB gave me a firm handshake and a slap on the back. Now I"m jealous others got bro hugs.

I'm with you CB, no bro hug from JB. I think I got a handshake but I really don't even remember. Just for that I'm going to bro hug the crap out of him at the next outing because I feel jilted.

Like a border crossing! Pow! I bro hugged a bunch down there. I bro hugged my woman when I got home.
Now that is funny! I love it dude, absolutely love it.

JB might be mad that I made him hug my moisture wicking self there on the 15th green but too bad, I wanted a hug after every putt but he stayed far away from me around the greens.

Back