SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

The testers are putting forth some fantastic stuff on this thread! Congrats on the Ace ST! Reading these reviews just makes me want to get these wedges! It is cool to hear TC talk about the difference he is seeing with One-T. It is always great to get conformation from an outside source. Great job and keep up the good work every one!

Test Date: 09/20/2011
Testing Club: SCORGolf 57,53,49,45,41– Shaft: Genius 12 (KBS Tour 120) – Stiff Steel
My Club: Callaway Razr X Tour with TT GS 95 Steel shafts
Ball Used: Callaway Tour i(s)
Environment: Springdale Country Club, bent grass, overcast day with wind on and off. Played 27 holes.

Yesterday the SCOR wedges got a very rough workout. I used them quite a bit throughout the day because I played 27 holes. The last 9 were played in a scramble format so I had my wedges in my hand a little more than usual.

For my 18 hole round I shot a very dissapointing 89, with a 48 on the front and a 41 on the back. Obviously my front is what killed me. The front 9 is a tighter 9 and my driver was getting me in A LOT of trouble. My SCOR wedges were actually getting me out of A LOT of trouble. So, I can actually say that the SCOR wedges may have helped me save a 50 front 9.

Looks- From the grips to the sole, these clubs just look awesome in person. Starting with the grips, they have the multi-compound look. The grips have the inch increment markings on them so you know exactly how far to grip down on the club when you have those in betweener distances. One reco that I do have for SCOR is to sell the grips on their website. One thought I had was, where do I get these grips when mine wear out.

I love the fact that they come with the KBS Tour shafts as a stock option. Everything about these wedges are personalized even down to the ferrell. so I think shows that SCOR touches the club from top to bottom and makes a point to personalize the entire club for you.

The heads are one of my favorite looking heads in a club. They are very sleek looking, they have a very simple look from a distance but when you get up close you actually see the small features that SCOR puts on their wedges. The V-sole is only noticeable if you have a clue what your looking for. Overall, when I stand over these clubs I am very confident.

Thoughts- I was going to touch on feel, but I think that feel is subjective. Each person will think they feel different. I will say that I love the feel of these. They are very forgiving. I had a couple of instances where I felt the forgiveness of the 41* left me wanting just a bit more, and I wondered....am I losing forgiveness from that of my RXT 9 iron? The current answer is ...I just dont know yet. I need to get the two of them on a course together and play some different shots with the 2. That part of this process is the toughest for me to get used to.

that being said, I almost love the fact that I have replaced my PW. From the 45* to the 57* I just have that confidence. I think those are clubs that you come in just a little steeper than other clubs and turf interaction is what matters. I played a ball yesterday from a side hill lie, I didnt trust my clubs and I bladed it over the green. So, I said....trust the V-sole to cut through the turf...Hit a great shot about 4 feet left of the pin. I think the SCOR wedges are very forgiving for a wedge. I hit some out towards the toe yesterday and saw some really great results considering.

All throughout the day I had some just spectacular shots with my SCOR wedges. 1 shot, 108 out, a little down hill. Played my 53* right over the pin and had a birdie putt. Another was about 15 yards from the green, played my 57* it bounced 2 times and hit the flag...almost holing it out.

The flight of the ball with these wedges is really what I look for. Its not a towering ball flight and its def not too low. To me, its just right. Its high enough for a soft landing from the rough. Thats key for me. I have a hard tim ekeeping my driver straight so I tend to be in the rough more often than not. My GIRS from the FWY are about 75%....my GIRS from the rough are about 33%. thats a big difference and I think these SCORS are going to even that number out a bit.

So Far, I would say that the SCOR wedges are legit. I still am up in the air regarding the 41* and will continue that test.

Testing Club: SCORGolf 57,53,49,45,41– Shaft: Genius 12 (KBS Tour 120) – Stiff Steel
Environment: Springdale Country Club, bent grass, overcast day with wind on and off. Played 27 holes.

Yesterday the SCOR wedges got a very rough workout. I used them quite a bit throughout the day because I played 27 holes. The last 9 were played in a scramble format so I had my wedges in my hand a little more than usual.

For my 18 hole round I shot a very dissapointing 89, with a 48 on the front and a 41 on the back. Obviously my front is what killed me. The front 9 is a tighter 9 and my driver was getting me in A LOT of trouble. My SCOR wedges were actually getting me out of A LOT of trouble. So, I can actually say that the SCOR wedges may have helped me save a 50 front 9.

Looks- From the grips to the sole, these clubs just look awesome in person. Starting with the grips, they have the multi-compound look. The grips have the inch increment markings on them so you know exactly how far to grip down on the club when you have those in betweener distances. One reco that I do have for SCOR is to sell the grips on their website. One thought I had was, where do I get these grips when mine wear out.

I love the fact that they come with the KBS Tour shafts as a stock option. Everything about these wedges are personalized even down to the ferrell. so I think shows that SCOR touches the club from top to bottom and makes a point to personalize the entire club for you.

The heads are one of my favorite looking heads in a club. They are very sleek looking, they have a very simple look from a distance but when you get up close you actually see the small features that SCOR puts on their wedges. The V-sole is only noticeable if you have a clue what your looking for. Overall, when I stand over these clubs I am very confident.

Thoughts- I was going to touch on feel, but I think that feel is subjective. Each person will think they feel different. I will say that I love the feel of these. They are very forgiving. I had a couple of instances where I felt the forgiveness of the 41* left me wanting just a bit more, and I wondered....am I losing forgiveness from that of my RXT 9 iron? The current answer is ...I just dont know yet. I need to get the two of them on a course together and play some different shots with the 2. That part of this process is the toughest for me to get used to.

that being said, I almost love the fact that I have replaced my PW. From the 45* to the 57* I just have that confidence. I think those are clubs that you come in just a little steeper than other clubs and turf interaction is what matters. I played a ball yesterday from a side hill lie, I didnt trust my clubs and I bladed it over the green. So, I said....trust the V-sole to cut through the turf...Hit a great shot about 4 feet left of the pin. I think the SCOR wedges are very forgiving for a wedge. I hit some out towards the toe yesterday and saw some really great results considering.

All throughout the day I had some just spectacular shots with my SCOR wedges. 1 shot, 108 out, a little down hill. Played my 53* right over the pin and had a birdie putt. Another was about 15 yards from the green, played my 57* it bounced 2 times and hit the flag...almost holing it out.

The flight of the ball with these wedges is really what I look for. Its not a towering ball flight and its def not too low. To me, its just right. Its high enough for a soft landing from the rough. Thats key for me. I have a hard tim ekeeping my driver straight so I tend to be in the rough more often than not. My GIRS from the FWY are about 75%....my GIRS from the rough are about 33%. thats a big difference and I think these SCORS are going to even that number out a bit.

So Far, I would say that the SCOR wedges are legit. I still am up in the air regarding the 41* and will continue that test.

That's one hell of a writeup. Keep up the great job. SCOR and THP is being well represented.

Fantastic write up One T. I'll really be curious to hear the outcome of the 9i vs SCOR 41* testing. Are you liking the turf interaction more from the SCOR than your RXT's?

Fantastic write up One T. I'll really be curious to hear the outcome of the 9i vs SCOR 41* testing. Are you liking the turf interaction more from the SCOR than your RXT's?

not really....I played an 8 iron from the FWY yesterday and put it about 7 or so feet from the hole. I love my RXT irons and how they play, so its hard for me to take them out of the bag...

That being said, I love the 45*-57* and 2 of those wedges replace 2 of my RXT wedges. and quite frankly I like the SCORs better than the RXT wedges. Seems to contradict what I just posted in the above sentences but its just what it is. I wish I could explain it more.

Great write up One-T, I am very interested in the V-sole. I have heard people preaching about it with the Eidolon wedges. They seem like they make wedges very forgiving and able to cut through rough or turf great. It seems to me that this wedge system is very good for your game. That makes me very interested in them. Thanks for the awesome right up.

Do you think if you were to buy a iron set today, would you not buy some of the clubs to include the SCOR wedges?

Same here. Did you post pics comparing the two?

Also will be curious to hear about the numbers you end up seeing in the future with your GIR's from the rough. Great job buddy!

Great write up One-T, I am very interested in the V-sole. I have heard people preaching about it with the Eidolon wedges. They seem like they make wedges very forgiving and able to cut through rough or turf great. It seems to me that this wedge system is very good for your game. That makes me very interested in them. Thanks for the awesome right up.

Do you think if you were to buy a iron set today, would you not buy some of the clubs to include the SCOR wedges?

If I bought a new iron set tomorrow I would go...5 iron to 9 iron and use SCORs for the PW, AW

Same here. Did you post pics comparing the two?

Also will be curious to hear about the numbers you end up seeing in the future with your GIR's from the rough. Great job buddy!

comparing the irons/wedges size, toplines, etc? I showed that in one of my videos. I can get some pics if you would like

If I bought a new iron set tomorrow I would go...5 iron to 9 iron and use SCORs for the PW, AW

Nice. I have been thinking about doing that with other wedges out there. I can't wait to get my hands on the V-Sole to see how it works out.

These make me think of how the Nike Combos set is with the scoring irons as blades. I think the SCOR system gives everybody this opportunity to make their set like that.

Nice. I have been thinking about doing that with other wedges out there. I can't wait to get my hands on the V-Sole to see how it works out.

These make me think of how the Nike Combos set is with the scoring irons as blades. I think the SCOR system gives everybody this opportunity to make their set like that.

I will bring you 2 Eidelon wedges next week to try out...hows that?

I will bring you 2 Eidelon wedges next week to try out...hows that?

That would be awesome man. I almost picked up one off of Kingdom 59. Thanks.

not really....I played an 8 iron from the FWY yesterday and put it about 7 or so feet from the hole. I love my RXT irons and how they play, so its hard for me to take them out of the bag...

That being said, I love the 45*-57* and 2 of those wedges replace 2 of my RXT wedges. and quite frankly I like the SCORs better than the RXT wedges. Seems to contradict what I just posted in the above sentences but its just what it is. I wish I could explain it more.

Makes perfect sense to me dude.

comparing the irons/wedges size, toplines, etc? I showed that in one of my videos. I can get some pics if you would like

That'd be awesome. I'm really looking closely at these because quite frankly, could be part of my future a while down the road.

No, I will check out the videos again, One-T. I thought I remembered seeing it, but I want a little refresher. Thanks for pointing me in the right way, buddy.

Great write up One-T! When this all came out my first question was "I wonder how the 9 iron replacement would work?" So I will be following your updates on the 41* very closely. But it sounds like from the PW down these things are great! Question for you and sorry if you have answered it already, but usually people have a go to wedge (whether for chipping or hitting those 50 yard half shots, etc). Which one, if any, would you say is your go to wedge in this set up?

It definitely does. I was looking for something with wedge like properties but an iron look/feel/playability and I have found exactly that with these. These flow extremely well from my blades into the wedges and just seem to fit it.

I can't reiterate enough how when I have these in my hand that they do not look like aftermarket wedges, but rather just a higher lofted iron. That gives me confidence with the club in my hand and the results are there.

aefc9ae8-c617-8ca9.jpg

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Thanks dude. Can you do one of the cavities pleeeaase?

Great write up One-T! When this all came out my first question was "I wonder how the 9 iron replacement would work?" So I will be following your updates on the 41* very closely. But it sounds like from the PW down these things are great! Question for you and sorry if you have answered it already, but usually people have a go to wedge (whether for chipping or hitting those 50 yard half shots, etc). Which one, if any, would you say is your go to wedge in this set up?

dont know yet buddy...Give me some more time with them. But, thats a great question

I know the question was not asked specifically to me, but I'll give my answer... Currently my go to is either the 55 or 60 with a slight edge going to the 55. The edge only goes to the 55 because I can get a bit more roll out when needed. I'm not there yet with the 45 or 50 as I get too much roll out. I need to develop better touch with those two.

I don't have the rxt 9 on me...that was an old pic...but here is the scor

aefc9ae8-c730-c17f.jpg

Thanks again man. I know what the cavity looks like on the RXT. I appreciate that you are taking your time on the forgiveness thing. It can be easy to be swayed one way or the other with a good/bad round. You rule!

I don't have the rxt 9 on me...that was an old pic...but here is the scor

aefc9ae8-c730-c17f.jpg

OK, so the looks of these have def grown on me too, that looks really really good IMO. Thanks One-T!

Here are a few photos showing how well I transition from the Nike VR Pro Combo's to my SCOR wedges.

Left to right are 9i, PW, 52, & 57
DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

Back of PW & 52
DSC_0062.jpg

Back