Seemore DB4x - THP Preview

wow Hawk, lucky you....that is one great club to be testing. That putter really is a thing of beauty

Looks great Hawk! I love my SeeMore, interested to see how that plumbers neck mallet works for you. I'd agree 100% on the sound, its very easy on the ears.

That is a really rexy sexy putter Hawk.

I really like the look of this putter. This would work for me.

Looking forward to hearing more about this, like how the RST works in that position.

Pretty sweet Hawk. Thanks for posting the pics and video. I do love a plumbers neck putter

Looks really nice. Interested to see how it compares to the Mills putter you just tested.

I verified with Seemore that this is a 350g putter with 45° of toe hang. They also gave me some pointers on using it effectively. It is getting it's first test today on the course.

I verified with Seemore that this is a 350g putter with 45° of toe hang. They also gave me some pointers on using it effectively. It is getting it's first test today on the course.

Thanks for the update Hawk. Enjoy making all the other putters jealous today.

Didn't count my putts today, but after a few holes that I struggled with speed I started dropping some putts with this. Ted at Seemore was kind enough to give me some tips on ball position since I've been using a CS putter for awhile and this is a change. The RST really does work.

Good thats a good looking putter. Looking forward to your thoughts after playing it today Hawk.

I know that wasn't a skim, but it was funny.

Didn't count my putts today, but after a few holes that I struggled with speed I started dropping some putts with this. Ted at Seemore was kind enough to give me some tips on ball position since I've been using a CS putter for awhile and this is a change. The RST really does work.

Good thats a good looking putter. Looking forward to your thoughts after playing it today Hawk.

I know that wasn't a skim, but it was funny.

That was funny, I posted off the first page, and then saw that you had already posted. Oh well.

I had a chance to use this quite a bit over the weekend and I've been practicing on my mat. The nice thing about my mat is that it's sort of kidney shaped, so I can get some different angles.

I struggled pretty bad with speed today, but I haven't played on greens that fast in a long time. I put a lot of balls past the hole. However, I was loving the RST. I think it's very cool that I don't have to worry about ball position and alignment. It's a non-issue with the RST.

The sound of this putter is different than any I've owned. A bit high pitched with some deep undertones. It's very responsive in the hands and I'm instantly able to tell where I missed if I don't hit the center of the face.

Awesome first preview. I like that the RST is working so well. I really have considered gaming a SeeMore for the RST alone, and am still pondering one. Cant wait to hear some more in depth stuff about this putter. Maybe you can get us a clip of the sound?

Great putter Hawk! YOu are going to love it. Can wait to read your review.

Rolled a few with one of these the other week - it's a great putter.

The first post has a little bit of that at the end, but I'd like to get a little better one for you guys. Most of my thoughts will be in the homepage review, but I'll update you with some of the extras that I can't really put in there.

Awesome first preview. I like that the RST is working so well. I really have considered gaming a SeeMore for the RST alone, and am still pondering one. Cant wait to hear some more in depth stuff about this putter. Maybe you can get us a clip of the sound?

Great looking putter.

-What does the DB4x stand for?
-What does RST stand for?
-What kind of ball were you putting with?
-Can you do some testing with different type of golf balls and discuss how you think the feel is different, versus what you like a ball to feel like coming off the face?
-I understand the reasoning behind SeeMore's red dot. But, what is the white line for next to the red dot?

Great looking putter.

-What does the DB4x stand for? - I'm not sure what this stands for. I'll ask our contact at Seemore and let you know.
-What does RST stand for? - Rifle Scope Technology. It's the name they use for the alignment system.
-What kind of ball were you putting with? - Yesterday, an e6. The day before, a Srixon Z-Star.
-Can you do some testing with different type of golf balls and discuss how you think the feel is different, versus what you like a ball to feel like coming off the face? - I sure can. I will say that I've never noticed much of a difference with putters/balls aside from sound, but I'll do my best!
-I understand the reasoning behind SeeMore's red dot. But, what is the white line for next to the red dot? The white lines frame the shaft. If you can see both of them (and the red dot is hidden) you are aligned and have the ball in the correct position.

I answered above. Thanks for the questions!

That is a beauty. Good job with the pics. If that thing rolls anything like it looks, it is priceless.

Beautiful putter, I bought my first SeeMore from the Marketplace here and am seriously pondering another.

Hawk, I agree, the RST is one of the best/easiest to use alignment aides I have ever used. It takes the effort out of lining up the putter face.

I got an answer as to what DB4 stands for:

"Stands for Diving Board (DB) - the first proto type had a flange coming off the back - look like a diving board!"

I got an answer as to what DB4 stands for:

"Stands for Diving Board (DB) - the first proto type had a flange coming off the back - look like a diving board!"

Never in a million years would I have guessed that. I like to make my own phrases for SeeMore's acronyms. Other than the greens being faster is there anything specific to the putter that you attribute the speed issues to so far? I can't remember what you were rolling before but I think it was a SeeMore as well.

Another thing while I'm thinking about it, I didn't forward press with my old SeeMore but I do have a slight press now, does this inhibit the RST at all?

I think the fast greens were the initial problem and then I let my mind destroy my stroke rather than just adapting. I was testing a TP Mills CS before the DB4x. It hadn't been an issue up until Sunday.

I don't think that forward press is really part of the Seemore method, SW. I think it would throw off the RST.

Back