Seemore DB4x - THP Preview

Can't wait to read this tomorrow Hawk. Coming from that type of neck has me really excited for what it can do for your game in a SeeMore head. Hope the new method is working out, the confidence over a mid range putt is sort of crazy once you are used to it.

It actually may be a few days before it's published, but it shouldn't be long :)

Looking forward to it Hawk, I am really wanting to try a Seemore, they just look a little pricey for me though, I usually dont like spending anything over $175 on a putter and this one is the one I like. Now the hard choice of figuring out if I will be saving up for one or not lol

thanks for the info, hawk....im seriously thinking about getting a seemore these days, and this really looks like one i could roll with.

Looking forward to it Hawk, I am really wanting to try a Seemore, they just look a little pricey for me though, I usually dont like spending anything over $175 on a putter and this one is the one I like. Now the hard choice of figuring out if I will be saving up for one or not lol

Yea, this one is on the pricier side since is a carbon steel version. No matter what route you go, I'd call and talk to them first. They can help you get something that works for your stroke and your wallet. I will say that I trust those guys 100%.

I never believed that I'd use a 35 inch putter and not grip down. Never thought I'd stand upright and never thought I'd use the grip after trying it. It took a little practice, but I'm sold. These guys want their customers to putt better and will do what's needed to help them succeed.

Looking forward to reading the final review Hawk! I really like my putter but due to lack of exposure to various faces/materials I really do want to try a SeeMore without the insert and see if I prefer it over my Si1.

I played around with a couple insert putters I have the other day and it's very odd to go back. Nothing negative, there is just a big difference in sound.

I played around with a couple insert putters I have the other day and it's very odd to go back. Nothing negative, there is just a big difference in sound.

What about feel? Due to not trying much, I think I like the feel of mine but not really sure since I have not tried much else. Not sure if the insert helps in anyone aspect, etc...

Hard to say. I've played a milled face almost all year and I played an insert almost all last year. I truthfully like both for what they are. I can sense an offcenter hit with both. I think it's all preference, but I'm really enjoying the sound of this putter. It's a firm and solid sound that I've grown to really like.

Thanks Hawk nice review, now I'm going to have to check out See More web site. Been using an odyssey #7 for several years but you've churned up some interest with this one.

Hawk,

Thanks for the reviews. Two questions for you:

1) I think you said you have used a fgp2 in the past. Do you find that the rst2 is as easy to use as the rst?

2) What adjustments did you make to use the rst2 as opposed to your center shafted putter? Do you think the heel shaft/plumbers neck affects/compliments your stroke compared to a center shaft?

Thanks

Last edited:
I was looking at this putter yesterday they are beautiful one question is the face milled or smooth?

Here is a link to the home page review if you'd like to check that out as well.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?25657-SeeMore-DB4x-Review

Hawk,

Thanks for the reviews. Two questions for you:

1) I think you said you have used a fgp2 in the past. Do you find that the rst2 is as easy to use as the rst?

2) What adjustments did you make to use the rst2 as opposed to your center shafted putter? Do you think the heel shaft/plumbers neck affects/compliments your stroke compared to a center shaft?

Thanks

1) It's just as easy to use for me. Just make sure you see white lines and no red and you're good to go.
2) I have a somewhat gated stroke, which seems to work fine with both the center and plumbers neck if I'm set up properly. The adjustment was mostly related to ball position, which the RST2 figured out for me. It sets you up about a ball forward of center, which worked well. The best part (for me) was that it was consistent. No guesswork involved.

I was looking at this putter yesterday they are beautiful one question is the face milled or smooth?

It's very finely milled. It's almost impossible to get a good picture of it, but it's there.

Thanks for the answers, and nice review on the homepage. This is one sharp looking putter.

Nice review, I love the looks of this putter. If I was looking for a putter that wasn't center shafted, this would be high on my list.

Back