?

• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Skiing is the only correct answer here. Snowboarders are just in the way.

lmao always just sitting down all over the mountain.

lmao always just sitting down all over the mountain.
I don't know about all over but definitely at the top blocking the way for all the skiers ready to head down

I don't know about all over but definitely at the top blocking the way for all the skiers ready to head down
That's fair

As a counter point, most skiers have no consideration for those without poles and often stand around at the top BS'ing right in the way too, even if they aren't sitting down. I can work my way around them now, but when I was first learning, it was brutal.

Also not sure how accurate my experience is, because where I ride mostly is pretty different than most hills, in this case especially with there being a ton of room at the top of the lifts.

Also not sure how accurate my experience is, because where I ride mostly is pretty different than most hills, in this case especially with there being a ton of room at the top of the lifts.
I'm sure where you are there is much more room to be had at the top. Things are pretty tight up there around here with what we have...which definitely aren't mountains haha

I'm sure where you are there is much more room to be had at the top. Things are pretty tight up there around here with what we have...which definitely aren't mountains haha
Yeah, that makes there isn't a lot of room at the top of the garbage heaps. Around here, other than the beginner lift, most people are strapping in standing up too. Except for my embarrassment of a son. 🤣

Neither!

Went skiing for the first time in 2009. Went and signed up for a lesson, which didn't help much, and then went on the "easiest" run available with our friends. I probably fell 50 times. Some of those falls pretty gnarly... Finally get towards the end of the run, and I'm taking it easy, big wide turns to just get off that forsaken mountain when my left ski catches some ice at edge. Every part of my body turned right, except my left foot. Completely ruptured my ACL. Never again.

That's fair

As a counter point, most skiers have no consideration for those without poles and often stand around at the top BS'ing right in the way too, even if they aren't sitting down. I can work my way around them now, but when I was first learning, it was brutal.

Yet another fundamental flaw in the snowboard, haha! That’s payback for those gargantuan snowboards being under my feet on the lift.

I get the heck out of dodge at the top of lifts. Far too many people wipe out for me to just sit there chillin.

That's fair

I honestly don't see if as much anymore, but it was always a running joke between my ski and snowboard friends.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Yet another fundamental flaw in the snowboard, haha! That’s payback for those gargantuan snowboards being under my feet on the lift.

I get the heck out of dodge at the top of lifts. Far too many people wipe out for me to just sit there chillin.

I mean, you aren't wrong. Thankfully I'm a giant so my board is week under most skis and out of the way on the lifts.

And yeah, stopping anywhere near the unload ramp is a bad idea.

I honestly don't see if as much anymore, but it was always a running joke between my ski and snowboard friends.

Same, I ride with a lot of skiers. f*****s are the reason I have to stop for breaks on the way down because their legs get tired, but God forbid I lose my balance while standing there and fall to my knees because I'll never hear the end of it.

Also, 10" of snow overnight and I'm stuck in meetings. 👎

I mean, you aren't wrong. Thankfully I'm a giant so my board is week under most skis and out of the way on the lifts.

And yeah, stopping anywhere near the unload ramp is a bad idea.

Same, I ride with a lot of skiers. f*****s are the reason I have to stop for breaks on the way down because their legs get tired, but God forbid I lose my balance while standing there and fall to my knees because I'll never hear the end of it.

Woah, a true skier doesn’t get tired legs in fresh powder. Just not a thing. You guys do get to wear fundamentally more comfortable boots than us though. Can be a factor. I have really good boots and they still hurt on occasion.

Woah, a true skier doesn’t get tired legs in fresh powder. Just not a thing. You guys do get to wear fundamentally more comfortable boots than us though. Can be a factor. I have really good boots and they still hurt on occasion.
I guess my buddies that ski 75+ days a year aren't true skiers then. The deeper the snow, the more breaks they need. 🤷

I guess my buddies that ski 75+ days a year aren't true skiers then. The deeper the snow, the more breaks they need. 🤷

Well, I don’t appreciate them tarnishing the good name of skiers everywhere, haha.

You more of a park or downhill person? A little of both? I’d kill for a fresh 10” of powder. We haven’t had 10” of snow this entire winter!

Well, I don’t appreciate them tarnishing the good name of skiers everywhere, haha.

You more of a park or downhill person? A little of both? I’d kill for a fresh 10” of powder. We haven’t had 10” of snow this entire winter!
I'd say freeride, but a little of everything. Only time I really go in the park anymore is riding with my son. Most of my time is spent in the trees looking for pow.

They're really good skiers, like REALLY good. I've everywhere pretty much all of them trying to fight through tired legs on pow days and cramping up half way down the mountain. 🤣

Where do you ski?

I'd say freeride, but a little of everything. Only time I really go in the park anymore is riding with my son. Most of my time is spent in the trees looking for pow.

They're really good skiers, like REALLY good. I've everywhere pretty much all of them trying to fight through tired legs on pow days and cramping up half way down the mountain. 🤣

Where do you ski?

I’d love to be able to freeride with any consistency. We just don’t have the winters for it anymore.

Seven Springs is the best and closest resort around me. It’s a really good East Coast resort. I was exclusively a downhill skier for years but got into the park in my early 20’s. They have a great setup so I figured why not take advantage of it?

I’d love to be able to freeride with any consistency. We just don’t have the winters for it anymore.

Seven Springs is the best and closest resort around me. It’s a really good East Coast resort. I was exclusively a downhill skier for years but got into the park in my early 20’s. They have a great setup so I figured why not take advantage of it?
Assuming you've skiid "out west"? I assume the difference in ratios of time on lift to time skiing would have a significant affect on tired legs. Not sure because snowboarding apparently is far less tiring on them so I never have a problem, though I do always realize how out of shape I am the first pow day of the year.

Also, the only "why not" is at 40+, it's takes a lot longer to heal when you fall off a rail. Don't ask how I know.

Also, you should be thanking us damn snowboarders for the fact that you have parks to play in.

Assuming you've skiid "out west"? I assume the difference in ratios of time on lift to time skiing would have a significant affect on tired legs. Not sure because snowboarding apparently is far less tiring on them so I never have a problem, though I do always realize how out of shape I am the first pow day of the year.

Yeah, I’ve done Park City and Whistler. Definitely a difference in run time, haha. East Coast skiing is blink and it’s over. And of course I do actually get tired. It takes a lot but, yeah, those runs add up.

I’ll also concede credit to parks mostly to snowboarders. Gross. I didn’t like saying that.

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
celebrating the third option, today.

In my youth, we belonged to the hill (not mountain) down the road. It wasn't much fun to ski, so I switched to snowboarding and it made it more interesting.

I always wished I stuck with skiing, because I'm not about to go snowboarding at 38.

celebrating the third option, today.

In my youth, we belonged to the hill (not mountain) down the road. It wasn't much fun to ski, so I switched to snowboarding and it made it more interesting.

I always wished I stuck with skiing, because I'm not about to go snowboarding at 38.
I have several friends that have switched from skiing to snowboarding as they got older because their knees couldn't handle skiing anymore. Option 3 is probably best though.

I have several friends that have switched from skiing to snowboarding as they got older because their knees couldn't handle skiing anymore. Option 3 is probably best though.
My BIL was telling me how expensive skiing is nowadays. I think I'll stick to whiskey haha

My BIL was telling me how expensive skiing is nowadays. I think I'll stick to whiskey haha
Yeah, it can get ridiculous. Thankfully, way more affordable (and more fun imo) at the mom and pop hills around here. Early purchase of a pass was only $350 I think. That's way less than whiskey! 🤣

That said, the is no limit to the amount of money you could spend, I guess also kind of like whiskey.

Back