• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Anybody get out yet? Still no snow here. ☹️

I don't anymore, but I was a skiier. I always wanted to try snowboarding, it looked like fun, but then we'd get to the resort and there'd be a line for rentals and lessons, and I'd be like 'meh, already have my own skis and know how to use them', so I never bothered to try it.

I might have to take a trip to Lookout out or Targhee next week. Snow conditions here currently are beyond terrible.

1704395849292.png

I might have to take a trip to Lookout out or Targhee next week. Snow conditions here currently are beyond terrible.

View attachment 9234486

Was supposed to go up today but will be Sunday instead. Mountains are supposed to get hammered so might actually catch some powder.

Just dropped my skis off today. Haven’t gone since before my mom got sick. Had to get new bindings, ugh. A cool $480 for the entire binding, mount, full tuneup, and a little epoxy work.

I’m really excited to go.

Was supposed to go up today but will be Sunday instead. Mountains are supposed to get hammered so might actually catch some powder.

Just dropped my skis off today. Haven’t gone since before my mom got sick. Had to get new bindings, ugh. A cool $480 for the entire binding, mount, full tuneup, and a little epoxy work.

I’m really excited to go.
I never understood why sky bindings are so expensive, there's nothing to them. Hope you get some good pow turns, my man.

I never understood why sky bindings are so expensive, there's nothing to them. Hope you get some good pow turns, my man.

I sprung a little extra for them. I love Look bindings.

DIN of 12 is plenty around here. But I push it pretty hard. The turntable heel is super sick. Just would rather pay an extra $100 for a binding I really trust. Plus, they’re pretty.

I sprung a little extra for them. I love Look bindings.

DIN of 12 is plenty around here. But I push it pretty hard. The turntable heel is super sick. Just would rather pay an extra $100 for a binding I really trust. Plus, they’re pretty.
Oh no doubt, I've been known to splurge on my snowboard stuff too, but can usually find a deal on used it past seasons.

Oh no doubt, I've been known to splurge on my snowboard stuff too, but can usually find a deal on used it past seasons.

Oh, for sure. But my old bindings weren’t passing a release test. And I need these ready for Sunday. So, well, it’s just money?? Haha.

Also, sorry to hear about your snowboarding affliction. Thoughts being sent your way.

Oh, for sure. But my old bindings weren’t passing a release test. And I need these ready for Sunday. So, well, it’s just money?? Haha.

Also, sorry to hear about your snowboarding affliction. Thoughts being sent your way.
It's cool, we can't all have good sense.

I’ll be sure to wave hi as I blow by you sitting in the middle of the mountain.

😂
That's such a funny stereotype to me. Do you actually still see that? Back in the day I saw it occasionally, but never do anymore.

I ride with a bunch of skiers, so the back and forth never ends, all in good fun. I do know on pow days I'm not the one taking breaks because my legs are tired.

When are you going to come out here and ski with me?

That's such a funny stereotype to me. Do you actually still see that? Back in the day I saw it occasionally, but never do anymore.

I ride with a bunch of skiers, so the back and forth never ends, all in good fun. I do know on pow days I'm not the one taking breaks because my legs are tired.

When are you going to come out here and ski with me?

Haha, honestly, no. It was SO bad when I was younger that it just sticks with me. There’s actually only two skiers in our little group of regulars. The rest are boarders and I have a blast.

And pow ain’t getting me tired, friend. Bring it on. Sadly, we don’t see much these days. I’m hoping the 5-8 they’re calling for on the mountain Saturday comes true.

What’s your regular spot?? Dude, I’d LOVE that.

Haha, honestly, no. It was SO bad when I was younger that it just sticks with me. There’s actually only two skiers in our little group of regulars. The rest are boarders and I have a blast.

And pow ain’t getting me tired, friend. Bring it on. Sadly, we don’t see much these days. I’m hoping the 5-8 they’re calling for on the mountain Saturday comes true.

What’s your regular spot?? Dude, I’d LOVE that.
Regular spot is called Showdown, but if you came out I'd take you to Bridger.

You still planning on going up tomorrow?

Yes sir. Picked up my gear today. Fresh bindings. We’ve got a lot of powder. Pictures will follow.

Yes sir. Picked up my gear today. Fresh bindings. We’ve got a lot of powder. Pictures will follow.
Sick, it's snowing here, but I've been sick as a dog, so we'll see how I'm feeling in the morning.

Where you going?

That’s our resort around this way. Springs is actually a great East Coast spot. But it is what it is. We don’t get a ton of powder these days. Tomorrow should be solid.

That’s our resort around this way. Springs is actually a great East Coast spot. But it is what it is. We don’t get a ton of powder these days. Tomorrow should be solid.
We're doing our couple day boys ski trip there this year. Have one of the places on site with a hot tub lined up for the beginning of February....hoping there are decent conditions by that time lol

We're doing our couple day boys ski trip there this year. Have one of the places on site with a hot tub lined up for the beginning of February....hoping there are decent conditions by that time lol

It’s a great resort. Just at the mercy of the weather. I hope it works out well for you.

Debating if I brave the cold for the fresh snow. Surprised it's supposed to keep snowing with it being that cold, actually.

1704825302803.png

Back