?

• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Having your own gear and buying passes early definitely make the cost easier to manage. Almost essential.

Having your own gear and buying passes early definitely make the cost easier to manage. Almost essential.
Definitely, I bought a board, boots, and bindings the day after going the first time and a pass the next year. We won't take about how much I've spent on the same things since though...

Definitely, I bought a board, boots, and bindings the day after going the first time and a pass the next year. We won't take about how much I've spent on the same things since though...

Golf and skiing. We did a great job of choosing the cheaper hobbies/obsessions, huh??

Golf and skiing. We did a great job of choosing the cheaper hobbies/obsessions, huh??
Right? Add cigars to my list too. At least skating is cheap I guess.

I just booked a condo at Big Sky for late March. My best friend since high school will also be their with his adult kids so it should be a blast. Him and I have logged about 400 ski days together, nearly all of those before age 28.

I just booked a condo at Big Sky for late March. My best friend since high school will also be their with his adult kids so it should be a blast. Him and I have logged about 400 ski days together, nearly all of those before age 28.
That's awesome, hopefully the weather cooperates! Still waiting on snow, only a couple places open so far.

That's awesome, hopefully the weather cooperates! Still waiting on snow, only a couple places open so far.
Yep, I'm hoping for a big snow year and will be chasing the storms when they start to hit the West coast. I've got a good buddy with a condo in Lake Tahoe that he doesn't rent anymore so likely a trip or two to Palisades.

I'm super excited to get to Big Sky again as my last ski trip there was 30 years ago and I can't wait to see all the changes.

Last edited:
Maybe @Sarzar and I will get out on the slopes this year.

Haven’t tried snowboarding but I enjoy skiing. I picked it up pretty quick

I love skiing. Snowboarding I’ve never done and probably never will…(no reason other than fear)

Random question, did you skate before learning to ski?
Yes, I played hockey since I was a kid and didn’t start skiing until 2020

Seems to be an easy transition from skating to skiing for a lot of people. Similar edge control I suppose.
It’s pretty similar. Less mobility with skis but same basic idea

Ha my son and I are doing Jackson Hole late March and have Big Sky as a possibility as well. Doing 8 days so some Targhee and backcountry riding as well.
IMG_9404.jpeg

Ha my son and I are doing Jackson Hole late March and have Big Sky as a possibility as well. Doing 8 days so some Targhee and backcountry riding as well.
View attachment 9225189
I'm trying to get to Jackson Hole this winter as well. My daughter's boyfriend's family has a ski condo in Jackson and I'll tag along if the opportunity is there. I miss living in NorCal and getting 50+ days on the slopes each year like I did from 1998-2018.

Can we add snowskate to the list? Got myself a new to me toy!

1701527481137.png
1701527520874.png

Back