Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Yeah I wish
do it becky chung GIF

I have 4 other sets of powder boards in various widths, and flexes, most are 178-182cm and are a more nimble than the Depth Hoars. :LOL: They are a big mountain ski for really deep snow meaning I haven’t used them since a CAT/Heli trip in 2018. If the snow is great and it‘s stormy, I might bring them to Big Sky in March. I always have a pair to match the conditions and some would say it‘s more complete than my collection of golf clubs. Here are some of the freeride pairs, I’ve added a couple more pairs and none of my race skis are in the photo.;)

View attachment 9236533
I was starting to worry about your March trip, but it's starting to look better.

Going to go in the morning to take some pow surfer laps from my friend's cat while he's grooming!

Skiing at Big Sky with my family and another high school buddy and his family this week. We got about 6” of fresh snow yesterday so the conditions are great. All of us have tired legs after the first day but today should be easier snow conditions with the snow cats out grooming all night. Highs in the 20’s all week so the snow should stay in great shape for our time here. F5987C48-BEA8-4344-8F9E-8957BD1783D2.jpeg

Skiing at Big Sky with my family and another high school buddy and his family this week. We got about 6” of fresh snow yesterday so the conditions are great. All of us have tired legs after the first day but today should be easier snow conditions with the snow cats out grooming all night. Highs in the 20’s all week so the snow should stay in great shape for our time here. View attachment 9251378
Glad you guys got some good snow, it's been a rough winter.

Glad you guys got some good snow, it's been a rough winter.
We lucked out with the snow this week. We’ve had 4-7” each day since we got here Saturday night. The snow conditions were fantastic today but there were periods of flat light. We took a long lunch but still got a lot of turns in today. So fun skiing with my best friend from high school/college and my two oldest children that are now ages 24 and 26. My buddy and I have logged about 400 days skiing together, almost all of those before the age of 25.

Two more days of skiing and I wish I could stay another week. Big Sky is an amazing resort with some of the best terrain in North America and we’ve waited in the lift lines a few minutes or less for all but a handful of runs this week. It’s been 31 years since I’ve skied here and we will be booking our trip for next March before we leave!

07C6B92D-8589-48CC-BB46-C4255CA72DAC.jpeg6197E277-DE20-46A2-96D3-0E52CA5C6F4D.jpegFE148BEA-9A03-428D-B31C-17146269AF9E.jpegA526A3CC-8EE0-4057-918B-DE2C1EE6918A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • On Fire
Reactions: Bus
I've skied Big Sky for a week or two the last two seasons and grew to love it. It's a massive resort with something for everyone. I'm headed to Utah in a week and they've been getting snow too. Hoping for fresh snow every day.

We lucked out with the snow this week. We’ve had 4-7” each day since we got here Saturday night. The snow conditions were fantastic today but there were periods of flat light. We took a long lunch but still got a lot of turns in today. So fun skiing with my best friend from high school/college and my two oldest children that are now ages 24 and 26. My buddy and I have logged about 400 days skiing together, almost all of those before the age of 25.

Two more days of skiing and I wish I could stay another week. Big Sky is an amazing resort with some of the best terrain in North America and we’ve waited in the lift lines a few minutes or less for all but a handful of runs this week. It’s been 31 years since I’ve skied here and we will be booking our trip for next March before we leave!

View attachment 9251759View attachment 9251760View attachment 9251761View attachment 9251764

I've skied Big Sky for a week or two the last two seasons and grew to love it. It's a massive resort with something for everyone. I'm headed to Utah in a week and they've been getting snow too. Hoping for fresh snow every day.
Yeah, can't beat Big Sky for the terrain, it's unreal. Overall vibe and especially cost is why I rarely ride there. Tough to beat when there is good snow though.

Yeah, can't beat Big Sky for the terrain, it's unreal. Overall vibe and especially cost is why I rarely ride there. Tough to beat when there is good snow though.
My wife’s dad lived in Bozeman from 1973 until his death last year and one of her sisters has lived here her whole life. We almost bought a condo at Big Sky 17 years ago when things were much more affordable. It’s crazy how expensive things have gotten here and all the other ski resort towns out west but we love Montana and definitely see the attraction of owning a place here.

Nice @tahoebum its been a great last month for skiing in the East. Have been skiing at Jay and Saddleback a bunch last Sunday in 30" of new snow at saddleback. Earlier this month did our western trip to Colorado and skied Crested Butte, Telluride and Wolf Creek. Legs were shot after 5 days straight but the hot springs sure helpouray1.jpgsaddle1.jpgtelluride1.jpgwc1.jpg

Nice @tahoebum its been a great last month for skiing in the East. Have been skiing at Jay and Saddleback a bunch last Sunday in 30" of new snow at saddleback. Earlier this month did our western trip to Colorado and skied Crested Butte, Telluride and Wolf Creek. Legs were shot after 5 days straight but the hot springs sure helpView attachment 9251874View attachment 9251876View attachment 9251877View attachment 9251878
Those conditions back east look fantastic! We skied a lot each winter when we had the Sierra Nevadas in our back yard living near Sacramento from 1998-2018 but covid and some other stuff stopped us from taking a family ski trip these last 4 years. We‘re enjoying Big Sky so much that we’ve already booked a week for March of 2025. I’m going to make an effort to get at least 15 ski days in next winter and I’m hoping in the next couple years we can buy or at least do a 60 days lease on a ski condo. I‘d love to get 45+ days in each winter.

i would too, I get about 20 days in a year. Golf friends are unhappy because skiing always takes top priority

i would too, I get about 20 days in a year. Golf friends are unhappy because skiing always takes top priority
When we lived in California I skied about 45 days each winter and golfed about 5 times during the winter. :)

I‘m very surprised at the lack of snowboarders here in Big Sky. It’s at least 85% skiers including most of the 20 and under age group.

My wife’s dad lived in Bozeman from 1973 until his death last year and one of her sisters has lived here her whole life. We almost bought a condo at Big Sky 17 years ago when things were much more affordable. It’s crazy how expensive things have gotten here and all the other ski resort towns out west but we love Montana and definitely see the attraction of owning a place here.
That would have been a hell of an investment too, it's insane up there now. As to the snowboarders, they're all at Bridger.
Nice @tahoebum its been a great last month for skiing in the East. Have been skiing at Jay and Saddleback a bunch last Sunday in 30" of new snow at saddleback. Earlier this month did our western trip to Colorado and skied Crested Butte, Telluride and Wolf Creek. Legs were shot after 5 days straight but the hot springs sure helpView attachment 9251874View attachment 9251876View attachment 9251877View attachment 9251878
Wolf Creek and Crested Butte are on my bucket list. Between a bad back and terrible snow year, I only did about 40 days this year, I'm usually close to 75-100.

Last edited:
That would have been a hell of an investment too, it's insane up there now. As to the snowboarders, they're all at Bridger.

Wolf Creek and Crested Butte are on my bucket list. Between a bad back and terrible snow year, I only did about 40 days this year, I'm usually close to 75-100.
Stay at Pagosa Hot Springs if you go to Wolf Creek. Great place, but prices have sadly gone up :mad:

Stay at Pagosa Hot Springs if you go to Wolf Creek. Great place, but prices have sadly gone up :mad:
Thanks for the pointer!

Our guide at Silverton went to Western and raved about both places, so I've wanted to get to them ever since.

Thanks for the pointer!

Our guide at Silverton went to Western and raved about both places, so I've wanted to get to them ever since.
Nice this year we did not do Silverton, but have 3 times in the past 5 or so years. Great place, hard skiing especially coming in from Boston and now at 13k or so

Nice this year we did not do Silverton, but have 3 times in the past 5 or so years. Great place, hard skiing especially coming in from Boston and now at 13k or so
My dream is to hit it on a pow day. We had 12" of dust on crust, not ideal for that terrain!

My dream is to hit it on a pow day. We had 12" of dust on crust, not ideal for that terrain!
First time there we had to be helicoptered into the mountain as there were too many avalanches. Also did some heli skiing that day. Another time our guide started a slide and then we had to follow him over it.

Crazy snow

• On Fire
Great snow again yesterday and we had a couple inches overnight and it will be snowing all day today. The sun peaked out yesterday for a few hours. It’s a bit sad to be leaving tomorrow but it was a fantastic trip and I’m planning a guys ski trip here next February and a family Big Sky vacation next March.

This first picture is of The Yellowstone Club‘s private ski area next door to Big Sky.
4DFA0057-1BC7-4C7B-90F3-3740CABF11E2.jpeg3783F71B-33A7-472B-8B94-F0619F4B8E13.jpegC95797D8-035A-4EF2-8EF8-B56C76FFAE61.jpegin March.103900CE-8941-4040-A7F4-36B2F3925341.jpeg8D3E1006-54A6-48F3-9F4E-C6D70644D538.jpeg37A3731A-7129-438E-8B39-3D73CD4DCC8A.jpegDD2EEB21-9813-4C85-9869-E7357B27AB7F.jpeg

Attachments

• F5DE00E1-D2AB-4819-88EF-CDC79172C100.jpeg
    F5DE00E1-D2AB-4819-88EF-CDC79172C100.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
  • On Fire
Great pics. My daughter worked at Big Sky two winters ago and Yellowstone Club last winter. I was fortunate to be able to ski a day at the YC. Really enjoyed my ski day there. Some great cruisers and some great steep chutes off the ridge. I tell myself that it's the skiers equivalent to golfing at Augusta :)

Wolf Creek, CB and Telluride are all on my short list of areas to visit. Sadly, this was my worst year for ski days in as long as I can remember. I will be under 20 days this year and am usually closer to 35-40. Daughter no longer out West, so only one trip out West this year, and a miserable snow year at home combined for little skiing for me. Utah in 7 days!

Great pics. My daughter worked at Big Sky two winters ago and Yellowstone Club last winter. I was fortunate to be able to ski a day at the YC. Really enjoyed my ski day there. Some great cruisers and some great steep chutes off the ridge. I tell myself that it's the skiers equivalent to golfing at Augusta :)

Wolf Creek, CB and Telluride are all on my short list of areas to visit. Sadly, this was my worst year for ski days in as long as I can remember. I will be under 20 days this year and am usually closer to 35-40. Daughter no longer out West, so only one trip out West this year, and a miserable snow year at home combined for little skiing for me. Utah in 7 days!
I'm so jealous, I live 90 minutes away and have been trying unsuccessfully to get on to either snowboard or play golf as long as I can remember! :ROFLMAO:

I'm so jealous, I live 90 minutes away and have been trying unsuccessfully to get on to either snowboard or play golf as long as I can remember! :ROFLMAO:
Try to befriend an employee. I believe they have an employee day the last day of the season and every employee can bring a guest. Just a thought. It's really a great ski mountain and way bigger than I expected. When I asked my daughter how many lifts they had, I expected something like 7-8, buy it's over 20 as I recall.

Try to befriend an employee. I believe they have an employee day the last day of the season and every employee can bring a guest. Just a thought. It's really a great ski mountain and way bigger than I expected. When I asked my daughter how many lifts they had, I expected something like 7-8, buy it's over 20 as I recall.
Oh, I've tried! :ROFLMAO:

Back