?

• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Think I'm starting to get a terrible head cold.

1705301718142.png

I feel like option C is the only correct answer here.

That's such a funny stereotype to me. Do you actually still see that? Back in the day I saw it occasionally, but never do anymore.

I ride with a bunch of skiers, so the back and forth never ends, all in good fun. I do know on pow days I'm not the one taking breaks because my legs are tired.
Your ski buddies either have bad technique or need pow skis with more flotation. My widest powder skis have more surface area and flotation than any snowboard. ;) They are the ones with the skulls on them - 191cim long with 141cm at the waist and 169cm at the tips. The ski shop had to bend the brake arms because no OEM makes brakes that wide, lol.

2DD51DAE-7CE9-4BE6-B11F-C5501FBDAA3E.jpeg

Your ski buddies either have bad technique or need pow skis with more flotation. My widest powder skis have more surface area and flotation than any snowboard. ;) They are the ones with the skulls on them - 191cim long with 141cm at the waist and 169cm at the tips. The ski shop had to bend the brake arms because no OEM makes brakes that wide, lol.

View attachment 9236516
Definitely not a technique issue, they're rippers. They aren't exactly models of physical fitness (nor am I) and don't ski on boats like those though. 😂

Definitely not a technique issue, they're rippers. They aren't exactly models of physical fitness (nor am I) and don't ski on boats like those though. 😂
Can you actually turn those in tight trees? They seem unwieldly.

We needed another option for both on this list. I snowboarded for roughly 20 years before deciding to take up skiing a couple years ago. I still enjoy both and both have their perks.

Can you actually turn those in tight trees? They seem unwieldly.
I have 4 other sets of powder boards in various widths, and flexes, most are 178-182cm and are a more nimble than the Depth Hoars. :LOL: They are a big mountain ski for really deep snow meaning I haven’t used them since a CAT/Heli trip in 2018. If the snow is great and it‘s stormy, I might bring them to Big Sky in March. I always have a pair to match the conditions and some would say it‘s more complete than my collection of golf clubs. Here are some of the freeride pairs, I’ve added a couple more pairs and none of my race skis are in the photo.;)

E9D30D19-A121-4C3C-B9AB-111150637ECD.jpeg

We needed another option for both on this list. I snowboarded for roughly 20 years before deciding to take up skiing a couple years ago. I still enjoy both and both have their perks.
I snowboarded a dozen or so days each season(I was logging 100+ days a year) back in 1980 for a few years but it was pretty boring as there were no parks in Minnesota at the time. The last time I was on a board was about 10 years ago but I can go faster on skis so it’s not something I enjoy as much.

I snowboarded a dozen or so days each season(I was logging 100+ days a year) back in 1980 for a few years but it was pretty boring as there were no parks in Minnesota at the time. The last time I was on a board was about 10 years ago but I can go faster on skis so it’s not something I enjoy as much.
Yea I love the surfy aspect of snowboarding. Skiing I’m enjoying in the “you can always get better” aspect like golf is. Skiing is much easier at its basic level, but there is much more of a technical aspect to the ski community than snowboarding. Snowboarding is basically like “can you get down without falling? Then you’re good to go.” Type deal

I have 4 other sets of powder boards in various widths, and flexes, most are 178-182cm and are a more nimble than the Depth Hoars. :LOL: They are a big mountain ski for really deep snow meaning I haven’t used them since a CAT/Heli trip in 2018. If the snow is great and it‘s stormy, I might bring them to Big Sky in March. I always have a pair to match the conditions and some would say it‘s more complete than my collection of golf clubs. Here are some of the freeride pairs, I’ve added a couple more pairs and none of my race skis are in the photo.;)

View attachment 9236533
Beauties!

I get it, I've got a board for all conditions too, nothing quite like those big dogs though.

Bluebird day today, but it was COLD.

Stumps: 2
Bus: 0

IMG_3368.jpegIMG_3369.jpeg

@Bus

IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg

Finally made it out yesterday. It was COLD but damn was it nice. Felt awesome.

Can’t ski or snowboard anymore so whiskey it is!

Nope

I have never really done either, so I voted whiskey. I used to take the trucks off my skateboard and slide around a bit back in the 80's, so I have always wanted to snowboard. I need to do it soon, before I can't.

Exactly. Except I’m the opposite of you. Grew up skiing, and picked up snowboarding after. Admittedly, I’m terrible but it’s still fun!

I also cross country ski. Skate skiing, skijour with the pups.

Hell yeah!

Also, I knew deep down you wanted to be a snowboarder!

I’ve ridden the last 4 days. Skinned up for a lap after work today since I figured my back would appreciate the hike. It hasn’t been real happy with how I’ve been treating it. Finally enough snow yesterday to break out the new board.

View attachment 9237775

Hahahaha. Hey, apparel is apparel to me. I love riding hoodies. The tech in that thing is top notch. Give me the freedom they offer all day.

Hahahaha. Hey, apparel is apparel to me. I love riding hoodies. The tech in that thing is top notch. Give me the freedom they offer all day.
They are nice, and stuff the snowboard companies make always looks better too.

I grew up in Wisconsin and have seen all the snow I ever want to see. Now a good whiskey looking out over the ocean makes my heart sing.

Snowmobiling.
It is literally the funnest thing I have ever done. Nothing compares to a day in the mountains with feet of fresh powder with 175 hp carving, jumping, through the world.
To bad it has become to expensive for me. $27,000 new machines with thousands in gear, and trucks and trailers. I see many 1/4 million dollar set up driving up to the mountains.
Golf at a private club is a absolute bargain compared.

I don't know how the ski industry stays afloat. The resort in the area I work now charges over $200 a day for a lift ticket.

Snowmobiling.
It is literally the funnest thing I have ever done. Nothing compares to a day in the mountains with feet of fresh powder with 175 hp carving, jumping, through the world.
To bad it has become to expensive for me. $27,000 new machines with thousands in gear, and trucks and trailers. I see many 1/4 million dollar set up driving up to the mountains.
Golf at a private club is a absolute bargain compared.

I don't know how the ski industry stays afloat. The resort in the area I work now charges over $200 a day for a lift ticket.
I pay $300 a season for mine, but yeah, lift tickets in general are out of control.

Back