Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

He actually kind of looks like me and I don't wear a hat either. The only exception is my hair is thinned out from all the times I lit it on fire and bleached it white.

There is story in there somewhere.

--
tapatalk

The name Robert Rock sounds so cool. I wouldn't wear a hat either if I had that hair. He's like the Euro Ryan Moore (minus the clown shoes).
My thinking exactly, Rob Rock, Robert Rock, Bob Rock, you cant make it sound uncool no matter how you say it. Who is this guy? I hope he's American.:laughing:

There is story in there somewhere.

--
tapatalk

Absolutely loaded with stories. I'll save them for the outing though.

45th place in the Fantasy League so far. Great first day!

In the contest, my team is at $179,875. (+3, +3, +4, -1)

Really? Is rory just starting with a head start then?

It started this morning. IMO whoever wins this open is going to play 3 better than average rounds of golf. Not a huge run on Sunday.

If the greens and fairways firm up and run the way usga intended them to, then guys can give back 3 shots in a big hurry. nobody is really out of it yet; anybody just hanging around has a chance, even guys over par, if the course grows the teeth the usga wants it to have.

course does look unbelievably spectacular on tv.

45th place in the Fantasy League so far. Great first day!

In the contest, my team is at $179,875. (+3, +3, +4, -1)

29th in fantasy league. Did ok...

In the contest I have a total of $1,518,100 (+3, +3, -1, -6)

Go Mcilroy!!!

I loved how the announcers were poking fun at Rock's hair that it's always 'perfect'..

Reminds me of the way people talk about Conan's hair.

If the greens and fairways firm up and run the way usga intended them to, then guys can give back 3 shots in a big hurry. nobody is really out of it yet; anybody just hanging around has a chance, even guys over par, if the course grows the teeth the usga wants it to have.

course does look unbelievably spectacular on tv.

That's not going to happen tomorrow. Golf writers on Twitter have said that in the past 2 hours, a huge thunderstorm came through and hit the golf course, so conditions will be soft when play starts tomorrow.

I wouldnt mind seeing rory win this one. I think hes paid his dues to be honest

I'd agree with you there. The kid really does have an awesome swing. If he carries this thing all the way till sunday and gags again though it will leave a deep scar.

Well hopefully today my picks will get back in a groove, Westwood flat killed me yesterday, Kaymer was Kaymer and Bubba started out good but faded. It rained hard here last night and early this morning, it just might be another low score for Rory, Man he was on fire.

i dont wear hats either, very uncomfortable and the bill sticking out bugs the heck out of me, cant wear sunglasses either while golfing.

I urge people that are not used to playing in the heat, to wear one in FL at the outing. Burnt scalp is not cool and happens to tourists all the freaking time.

I urge people that are not used to playing in the heat, to wear one in FL at the outing. Burnt scalp is not cool and happens to tourists all the freaking time.

it gets pretty darn hot here and i also lived in florida so i think i will be ok, i will buy a hat and bring it though just to be safe. Its gonna be 94 here today. I will grab one from the THP store

it gets pretty darn hot here and i also lived in florida so i think i will be ok, i will buy a hat and bring it though just to be safe. Its gonna be 94 here today. I will grab one from the THP store

Yeah its not just the temp outside....Lots of people said "It gets plenty hot here, I will be fine". Then 2 hours later their pasty selves were dying.

Yeah its not just the temp outside....Lots of people said "It gets plenty hot here, I will be fine". Then 2 hours later their pasty selves were dying.

lol humidity i take it, i will pick up a THP hat to bring.

Not a bad first day for my team, in 12th place!

Soft course this morning should make for some interesting scoring!

With Rory Mcafro going out this morning, could he essentially lap the field with the conditions being soft?

With Rory Mcafro going out this morning, could he essentially lap the field with the conditions being soft?

I think it is definitely a possibility; especially if he continues to hit fairways like he did yesterday.

If he plays as well as he did yesterday then it is entirely possible that he can open up a big lead over the rest of the field

Possibly. I think today's the day for the young Northern Irishlad. He can decide to remember Sunday at Augusta or he can take this tournament today, put his head down and literally run with it. Personally, I'd love to see the latter but I suspect he shoots around E par today and let's too many right back in it.

Possibly. I think today's the day for the young Northern Irishlad. He can decide to remember Sunday at Augusta or he can take this tournament today, put his head down and literally run with it. Personally, I'd love to see the latter but I suspect he shoots around E par today and let's too many right back in it.

Playing early, I am not sure he will shoot even par. If the course is truly scorable as they are saying it is, I think he could go lower. I do think a handful of guys could go low though getting themselves back into it. Its still only Friday, these youngsters only fade on Sundays remember?

I think Rory goes 67 today and we could be looking at a Tiger at Pebble situation

Playing early, I am not sure he will shoot even par. If the course is truly scorable as they are saying it is, I think he could go lower. I do think a handful of guys could go low though getting themselves back into it. Its still only Friday, these youngsters only fade on Sundays remember?

Yeah, I know the course should be susceptible of low scores, I'm just not so sure he goes out and gets it, or puts this away (b/c really, he could do that today). I think he lets some guys back in it. I think a 65/66 we'll see from Phil today. I think he abandons his Jakeness today and gets back to playing golf like Phil knows how to. I was watching the replay last night and that 2iron shank he hit on #12 or #13 was awful. Way too tentative for Phil. And when have you ever seen him hit wedge shots (approach) that poorly? He looked liked he was playing nervously.

The group that could really be in trouble is group #1-3. Going out in the afternoon could be brutal for those guys.

The group that could really be in trouble is group #1-3. Going out in the afternoon could be brutal for those guys.

That group is certainly intriguing isnt it? Could they get back in it? Will they falter once again? Lots of drama will unfold before us today and I can't wait to watch some US Open golf.

Back