Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

Hole 4:
DJ had to punch into FW. Got it to 9 feet for a par putt.
Phil went across FW to other rough....tough shot upcoming. Phil got it to 10 feet for a par putt.
Rory on in 2 and has a birdie putt (nothing real close though).

Rory just drained a 25 or 30 footer for birdie (longest putt all week for him).

That just made me so hungry and it's still breakfast time. That just sounds so good, LOL

Anchovie Pizza and Guiness Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Phil nice putt to save par. DJ misses par and has 4 feet or so for bogey (and makes).

Dj makes bogey and Phil with a great par save.

DJ +5
Phil +3

Hole 5:

Rory and Phil hit FW, DJ in bunker.

DJ short of green out of FW bunker.
Rory 135 from green and comes up a tad short of green. Hit front of green and came back down false front.
Phil from 108 hits it to inside 10 feet.

DJ chips short - will have 10 feet or so for par. Misses...another bogey. Now +6.
Rory putts from off the green and get its to 4 feet for par. Makes for par.
Phil makes birdie. Now +2.

Last edited:
Looks like the course is playing very soft this morning thanks to all the rain we had in the area overnight and more rain in the forecast every night which could potentially keep things slower than they want.

If Rory keeps up his pace there won't be many players left on the weekend. I've got it streaming on the phone today, but this will be the last coverage I get to watch until Sunday at the very end of the tourny if at all.

I wasn't sure if Rory could go low again today or not, but just to be safe, I kept him on my ESPN game. Looks like a good idea so far.

It would be great if Rory wins this thing, he was very gracious in defeat at the Masters during his post round interview.

Im so glade i got rory on my team, but phil isnt doing great and wheres kj choi?

Im so glade i got rory on my team, but phil isnt doing great and wheres kj choi?

Phil just birdied 5 so -1 for round. KJ is +6 and plays this afternoon.

Rory put up a great round yesterday on a tough harder golf course and now he gets to play the soft side. If he controls his spin well all day, look for him to be at -14 by the end of todays round.

I wasn't sure if Rory could go low again today or not, but just to be safe, I kept him on my ESPN game. Looks like a good idea so far.

It would be great if Rory wins this thing, he was very gracious in defeat at the Masters during his post round interview.

I have him for today's round too.

50 minutes before coverage starts over here.

Hole 6 - par 5 - 555 yards

DJ finds FW
Phil & Rory in left rough

Rory lays up from the rough (really bad lie in rough). Will have long shot into green.
Phil has 221 to green from rough. Waiting for group on green to clear. Hits FW wood dead over flag and runs off back of green.
DJ has 210 to green from FW - into water. Not good. Was probably a 5i.

Rory has 130 for 3rd into green - knocks it to 5 feet - great wedge.
DJ drops 3 and hits 4th to 10 feet for a chance at par.
Phil chips up and almost runs if off green on other side. Birdie putt coming up from 10 or 12 feet.

Phil putts first and makes birdie. Gets to +1.
DJ saves par after putting one in the tank.
Rory makes birdie. Now at -8 leading by 5.

Last edited:
Rory is really on his way to running away with this barring another epic collapse or heroic effort from another player.

Hole 7 - par 3 - 174 yards.

Phil hit green - 25 foot putt with 5 or 6 feet of break for birdie.
Rory hit green - long difficult putt for birdie.
DJ hit green - near Phil

Rory BARELY misses long birdie putt - great run at it! Good par.
Phil from 25 feet - low side - another par.
DJ - short and low side - another par.

Rory is really on his way to running away with this barring another epic collapse or heroic effort from another player.

If he is only -2 thru 6 on the front, he needs to get a couple more birdies on the last 3 before heading to the tougher back nine. Not as many birdie opportunities there. He might surprise though and tear it up today on the back.

EDIT: Just saw he birdied #6.

Hole 7 - par 3 - 174 yards.

Phil hit green - 25 foot putt with 5 or 6 feet of break for birdie.
Rory hit green - long difficult putt for birdie.
DJ hit green - near Phil

Gotta say I like your announcing alot better than Johnny Millers or Chris Bermans

The updates kick ass mcook! Thanks brother. C'mon Phil!!!! Get it in the red after today and you'll be fine.

Rory put up a great round yesterday on a tough harder golf course and now he gets to play the soft side. If he controls his spin well all day, look for him to be at -14 by the end of todays round.
I don't know Junior, he is playing the easier of the 2 sides right now so my guess is that he'll get it to -10 tops by the end of the day. Mind you that will probably be enough for a 5 or 6 shot lead going into the weekend.

Gotta say I like your announcing alot better than Johnny Millers or Chris Bermans

KISS - keep it simple stupid! :)

Once I start a post for a hole, I just keep editing and updating. Don't want to completely clog up this thread with a ton of shot by shot posts.

Hole 8 - par 4 - 354 yards

Rory is at -8
Phil is at +1
DJ is at +6

Phil - FW wood - in FW
Rory - long iron - in FW
DJ -long iron - in FW

Rory holes out for EAGLE from 113 yards out!!!!
Phil hits it to 4 feet for birdie.
DJ makes par (I missed approach - Safari crashed!)

Phil makes birdie and moves to EVEN.

Fair enough TC - glad I can help!

KISS - keep it simple stupid! :)

Once I start a post for a hole, I just keep editing and updating. Don't want to completely clog up this thread with a ton of shot by shot posts.

There's no such thing as a post limit in a thread dude, post away. I need the updates!

Thanks for the play by play MC. Very nice!

Back