Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These just arrived in the THP offices for review and I have to say they look better than I remember them at the show. They are in hot demand and we just heard recently that more and more Tour players are requesting to try them out. Very interesting! As always we will get to work on these and bring you a home page review that hopefully tells us if they work.

Here is the review of them.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=8268

800111837_vv4pc-L-1.jpg

800111791_bZsDJ-L-1.jpg

800111883_me5Ro-L-1.jpg

800111914_Z6RjR-L-1.jpg

800112003_vhRqT-L-1.jpg

800112087_4uioJ-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
Played with one Sunday again, and the best thing about it is you never have to look to see who's ball is who's. You know which one is yours right away! I don't know if the color really has anything to do with it, but so far I've played 54 holes with the 2 samples I got at the show, and have yet to shoot over par - So they are going to be in my bag come April 1!

Daddy likes!!!

I can just see people asking why Im playing a range ball. But I like them. Id like to see some of the balls geared toward the more average player in yellow, like the Tri Speed.

These look great!! Have fun JB, you may just have a new golf ball :)

I can just see people asking why Im playing a range ball. But I like them. Id like to see some of the balls geared toward the more average player in yellow, like the Tri Speed.

+1... I'd like to see more companies follow suit. You would think that their value priced balls would be colored this way since those buyers tend to be higher handicappers and would be off the fairway more often (like me for example).

They're puhrty!!!

I donno.... something about the yellow just doesn't appeal to me.

Gad. I love the look of that ball. Kind of makes me sad that I have 5 dozen Pro V1 balls to lose.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Can't wait to try them out myself.

Jb, Maybe some samples for the members of THP????????????

Jb, Maybe some samples for the members of THP????????????

We asked about them and hopefully will get some soon. But they only had 1 dozen and most media outlets are only getting a sleeve. They just did not expect the big demand from retailers that they are getting right now.

We asked about them and hopefully will get some soon. But they only had 1 dozen and most media outlets are only getting a sleeve. They just did not expect the big demand from retailers that they are getting right now.

When will these be available in stores?

I have been excited to give these a try! I hope that Srixon can keep up with the demand.

I wasnt sure about them, but I am starting to be pretty sold on them. I like the color and it is definitely easier to see. Who would've thunk it.

i want to try these too. i know other manufacturers make yellow balls, but to my knowledge none of them are PREMIUM balls like these are

They look like an extra large lemon head lol!

I just can't see myself taking them serious enough. I understand it's just a color, but color in all things has a strong influence. I'll look for a sleeve and try them, just not too sure from the get go.

I look forward to giving these a go.

I'll maintain what I said before, for those of us with slower swing speeds and less skill Id like to see the Tri-speeds or a something similar in yellow. I just dont think these balls would play very well of myself.

When are they going to bring back the old orange balls

When are they going to bring back the old orange balls

i think Precept/Bridgestone still makes Orange balls (the XP3's). i see new ones all the time for sale online. but, they're just not a premium ball like the Srixons are

Back