Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

Hoping to find a box of these tomorrow...

We shall see.

For anyone in the Myrtle Beach area... Martins has a bunch of them!!!!!

Awesome. This would be a perfect Fall ball. Still get a top notch ball that you can actually see when all the leaves start coming down. Love it.

Just came today. Ordered from Amazon but came from golfdiscount.com. Looks pretty cool, will play them on Friday.:golf:

I cant wait to game this ball hopefully this weekend. Hopefully my slower swing speed wont cause me too much loss of distance with the premium ball.

I cant wait to game this ball hopefully this weekend. Hopefully my slower swing speed wont cause me too much loss of distance with the premium ball.

Kevin, you will not see that at all. In fact you can probably fully compress this ball and actually gain distance in my opinion.

Re: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow

JB hopefully youre right. The weather is looking real nice this weekend so I'll report back my experience with the yellow z-star.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey Kevin, I also have a slower swing speed and do not get enough spin off my driver. The Z-STAR X worked perfect for my slower swing speed...I gained 20 yards off the tee. I used the Tri-Speed & AD333 prior to trying the X on a fluke. I heard from someone in our R&D Dept. that the X worked fantastic for slower swing speeds & also increased spin for slower swings. I would've never considered trying the X. I'll never switch from it now! Just wanted to give you a heads up!

JB, if I recall someone claimed Srixon made these yellow was to calm the nerves of players? Yellow is a soothing colour?

Hey Kevin, I also have a slower swing speed and do not get enough spin off my driver. The Z-STAR X worked perfect for my slower swing speed...I gained 20 yards off the tee. I used the Tri-Speed & AD333 prior to trying the X on a fluke. I heard from someone in our R&D Dept. that the X worked fantastic for slower swing speeds & also increased spin for slower swings. I would've never considered trying the X. I'll never switch from it now! Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Did you get a hole in one with this ball or the regular?

Nice! Thanks for the info PR. I was looking at the Tri-speed too but if this one works as good for me as you I might just keep playing the Z-star.

I just can't see myself playing a yellow ball, I love the Z-Star though. Srixon is really putting top quality products out there.

I said the same thing until I tried them Young Money. You are right, they wont be for everybody, but I am not sure I can go back now. The ball is so easy to find anywhere. I think you are about to see some major tour players using it as well. We have seen a few, but I think quite a few more are coming.

After my first round I was not happy with how they played due to the distance like I said earlier in this thread.... Well I played the last few holes today with them and it played great! I didn't lose the distance at all. So I wish I wouldn't of sold the rest of them to someone now!

I was a little surprised that you were seeing distance loss previously, but we all have days like that, that is for sure.

After my first round I was not happy with how they played due to the distance like I said earlier in this thread.... Well I played the last few holes today with them and it played great! I didn't lose the distance at all. So I wish I wouldn't of sold the rest of them to someone now!

Sorry...
I played with them this morning with a few other balls I was testing out. I thought they played just like the White Z-Stars, and I love the color. I don't really know if the color promotes a soothing, calming effect... but if you play better with these balls it would... and it's nearly imposible to lose these balls!

Sorry...
I played with them this morning with a few other balls I was testing out. I thought they played just like the White Z-Stars, and I love the color. I don't really know if the color promotes a soothing, calming effect... but if you play better with these balls it would... and it's nearly imposible to lose these balls!

Thats almost reason enough for me!

I was a little surprised that you were seeing distance loss previously, but we all have days like that, that is for sure.

It may of been that I was playing at the beach and it was a little cold :confused2:

Guys I have tried a few yellow balls over the years(wife's low compression...during our cool springs and falls) and one thing I've found is that they virtually disappear as the sun fades late in the day. Not my colour at all. Harder to follow in flight and much harder to find in low light. My 2 cents.

Guys I have tried a few yellow balls over the years(wife's low compression...during our cool springs and falls) and one thing I've found is that they virtually disappear as the sun fades late in the day. Not my colour at all. Harder to follow in flight and much harder to find in low light. My 2 cents.

I have had that happen with the deeper yellow shades such as the Volvik and the Pinnacle. But this color seems different to me. Played with it both early in the morning and when the sun was fading and had no issues with sight at all.

Webster said:
I had that exact same problem with the new zstarx. It may just be the courses I play but my playing partners also found them difficult to spot. If you had even the slightest bit of sun shining toward the tee they were nearly impossible to keep track of on a drive. I had several drives right down the center of the fairway and even had difficulty finding them compared to the white zstarx that I normally play.

Maybe it's just an individual thing i just personally dislike the yellow now. I bought a dozen the second my local shop got them in and was so excited to put them into play. Just fell a little short of my expectations. No worries though as I absolutely love my white zstarx

Well I have a 10 am tee time tomorrow and I'll be gaming the yellow z-star so I'll report back my findings.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I play this weekend 2 round with the Srixon Zstar ball and on some par 5 I compare the distance and the short game to Tittleist NXT tour and Precept LaddiesX. On distance with the driver Z Star was around 265yds or 2 to 5 yards less than the Precept(267-270) and similar to the NXT tour(265). With the irons the distance was the same but here is were the Srixon Zstar shine.
The feeling and the amount of spin was perfect to stop every time on the green without any roll.

Know I want to see if there any difference with between the Z Start and the Zstar X on distance and spin.

I really like the color, I think story about the color is cool but I really dont feel any difference.

Back