Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

i think Precept/Bridgestone still makes Orange balls (the XP3's). i see new ones all the time for sale online. but, they're just not a premium ball like the Srixons are

I believe the XP3 is a discontinued line. 2 years out IIRC. But you can still find them.

I believe the XP3 is a discontinued line. 2 years out IIRC. But you can still find them.

yeah you are right. they're not listed on the Precept website anymore. still lots of brand new ones available online though

I should be getting a dozen tomorrow. My favorite kind of golf ball.

I should be getting a dozen tomorrow. My favorite kind of golf ball.

Let us know what you think about the color when it's in play and if it makes a difference in finding the ball easier.

I'll post a review once I get some.

i'd be interested to try not only for visibility purposes, but i remember hearing something that maybe one of the analysts on the golf channel or a rep or somebody said about yellow being a more relaxing sight than white while looking down at the ball? it would be nice to stand on the first tee and look down and be like oh hey im about to smash the **** out of my pretty yellow lemon. could it be because a lot of courses have yellow range balls and some peoples brains have associated that yellow ball with the relaxed and careless setting of the range rather than the white ball played on the course?

feelin the yellow

Re: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow

Just picked up a dozen of the zstarx in tour yellow today and must say I'm sold. I absolutely love the zstarx anyways and the yellow color is really growing on me.

Just ordered a dozen, primarily due to morbid curiosity. We'll see.

They have them at my local golf club but they still aren't at the Golf Galaxy. I am going to get a dozen to try them out.

I love the color and it's something different to try. :D

Got a 3 pack of zstarx today. Played terrible so I couldn't really tell how the ball did lol. Only lost one though so I'll play it tomorrow and post a review.

SO I have now officially played 6 rounds of golf with the Srixon Tour Yellows and I can officially say that they are my ball of choice at the moment. There are quite a few golf balls that I enjoy and play with and the Z-Starr has been one of those for the last year or so. But I have to say that using the yellow made me want to play them for good. First off, its a different color yellow than many will remember from when they were younger. It still has the neon tone, but has a different look to me.

But the performance is still that of the great high performance ball. And the thing that seperates it is the color. I got laughed at, at first on the tee and then by about hole 7, every person playing with me wanted them. For a couple of reasons.

1. THey are SO EASY to find in the rough, the sand, or anywhere else.
2. On the green they seem to make reading and lining up putts easier. Placebo? Perhaps, but put down that yellow ball and lineup it up with the alignment aid and it just seems easier.
3. Its fun when you realize that these are SUPER SPINNY like the original Z-Star and you can see the spin that much better.

Our review will be out next week, but so far, we are loving these!!!!

I used these for one round and enjoyed them but I also felt like I was losing some distance while playing them. Actually it was about 1 club difference, anything about that? This is compared to just about any other ball I've played.

I used these for one round and enjoyed them but I also felt like I was losing some distance while playing them. Actually it was about 1 club difference, anything about that? This is compared to just about any other ball I've played.

Have you tried the Z-Star? Perhaps the Z-Star X might be a better ball if you want to stick with Srixon. I did not lose anything with these distance wise.

It was the Z-Star Tour Yellow that I played with... Would the Z-Star Tour Yellow X be the one that would still have some good spin but also have the distance that I'm used to from a Pro V1?

I really cannot answer that, because I get more distance out of the Z-Star than that of the ProV1.

I really cannot answer that, because I get more distance out of the Z-Star than that of the ProV1.

Man I love the look of this ball.

How this compare to the TM Penta.

Thanks in advance

I haven't seen them in the store around here yet, but when I was at the range today there was a nice and shinny Z-Star Yellow sitting right on top of the basket of balls for sale. Needless to say it is now in my bag waiting for my next round. Best 50 cents I ever spent :D

Man I love the look of this ball.

How this compare to the TM Penta.

Thanks in advance

I love both balls. Im not sure there is a spinnier ball out there than the Penta. It is phenomenal for my game. If it were in Yellow it might never come out of my bag...haha.

But there is something about the Yellow that gets to me personally. I just really like looking down at it.

Im with JB on this one, the yellow is just plain awesome to look at. I grabbed the only box GG had when I picked up my driver with the new Miyazaki shaft last week. I was able to putt around on the putting green with them and I love the look and feel. Looking forward to trying them out next round I play. My gf's son said he wouldnt play if I used the ball, I told him he was just jealous.

After putting a dozen zstarx yellows into play I have decided the yellow isn't for me. While I love the look of the ball and the performance I've found these are much harder to find than the whites. For some reason I've had several great drives and the ball has just been difficult to locate for me. Maybe it's the time of the day I've been playing but from a distance I comstantly get fallen leaves mistaken for my ball.

Back to the basic white zstarx for me. I still haven't tried the penta but out of the titlest, Nike, bridgestone premium balls I've tried the zstarx has just felt much better for my game. Love the feel of this ball from the green to the tee and everywhere inbetween.

Without looking a the THP Golf Outing thread....will these be available next month for us to hit JB?

We are hoping so TH. They are in such limited supply that we are not sure they will be able to send any. But we have fingers crossed.

I was actually surprised to see these on the shelf at GG but not surprised it was the only box.

Back