Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

I played these balls yesterday and I really liked them..... The spin wasn't as high off the wedges as I would have liked, but great distance of the driver, liked them off the driver, and made some long putts with them. You can see these things from a mile away, unless your in yellow flowers lol.... I will keep playing these.

I broke down and bought a dozen of these the other day. I usually don't play premium balls, but I have been having problems seeing white balls much past 200 yards. These are much easier to see. They do seem to calm me a little more too; though that may be entirely psychological. Good distance off the tee with 3w and 3hy. Didn't hit driver at all. Off of my irons is where they shine. I really like a softer feeling ball, but usually loose distance. Not with these though. Around the greens they had more spin that I am used to with mid-tier balls. A little soft off the putter took some getting used to. I seemed to need to hit this one a little more firm to get it going, but totally acceptable. Durability surprised me. A couple of times I was close to a tree line on the right side of the fairway which had me catching limbs with the draw ball flight I had going yesterday. I didn't scuff any though. I also bounced off a cart path once with no major issues either. All and all I loved this ball and will continue to use it.

Re: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

Today I started off with a TM Penta but switched after 3 holes to the z star yellow. I like the z star much better then the Penta. Plus I just can't go back to a white ball now.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

I was on the last hole of the day and my Z StarX was a little cut up from my wedges. I shanked it into the weeds and I just let it be and dropped. The guy that I was playing with asked if I was going to look for it and I told him no because it was cut up. He said, "Well, I will look for it then because I want a yellow Srixon." Maybe you had to be there.

I actually made it the whole round with mine today. That never happens. I came up short on a short par 3 over water but it hit the edge rolled in and I saved it. The Callaway Jaws scuffed it up pretty good though.

I actually made it the whole round with mine today. That never happens. I came up short on a short par 3 over water but it hit the edge rolled in and I saved it. The Callaway Jaws scuffed it up pretty good though.

I had one wedge shot out of the sand that made the ball completely unusable. I usually just take stripes out of the hide, but the wedge just ate the heck out this ball. I generated a ton of spin on that one. How do you like the Jaws?

Still loving my little yellow ball.

I had one wedge shot out of the sand that made the ball completely unusable. I usually just take stripes out of the hide, but the wedge just ate the heck out this ball. I generated a ton of spin on that one. How do you like the Jaws?

Love the Jaws. I think it might even be a better wedge then the CG15. Spin is amazing with it and its so soft around the greens. I was trying a one wedge set up with just a CG15 56* but I played a course with super fast hard greens and couldnt hold the ball on them. So I picked up the 60* Jaws and its been awesome.

These have been my golf balls since they were white. Love the color. I barely lose them. Compared to the ProV1, I personally find them better.

I have really started to like these balls. I also tried the Z-Star X and did not like it as much as the Z Star. It has not taken a permanent place in my bag but it is one of two.

I bought a sleeve of the yellow Z Stars today. I'm playing tomorrow so we'll see how they do.

I bought a sleeve of the yellow Z Stars today. I'm playing tomorrow so we'll see how they do.

Nice, look forward to your thoughts. Ive become addicted to the yellow ball and cant imagine going back now.

I got to hit mine today...I was going to wear my new Srixon hat but it looks extremely stupid on me head. Anyways, the ball seemed just fine in terms of distance off of the tee, and didn't seem to scuff to easily easy. I wasn't hitting my irons great, but full shots with my wedges on receptive greens and these things will stick or move backwards. I got 15 inches or so of backspin on a short par three with my gap wedge. I loved the feel, loved the looks and could easily see myself playing these balls on a permanent basis (except over lakes.)

Funny story guys! haha

So I played in a scramble tournament this weekend and took 3 yellow z star x with me. On a par four, I sliced it into the thin row of trees and possibly to the par 3 next door. We asked the guys there if they saw a yellow ball and they said yes, down a little farther, but we never found out. Later on in the day, I find a yellow ball in the fairway of the hole we were on, picked it up, and there was my green dot!

I don't think anyone else had the yellow guys, but seriously doubt they put a green dot on them.

I love these balls. After I lost the the three I took with me, I had to start playing white balls and it was a downer.

Be aware that if you play the yellow srixons and really like them, it'll be so boring when you go back to white, if you do.

I tried these ball out last night and I have to say I like them. Distance off the tee was great, and the feel on the putter was as good if not better than any ball I have ever played. I love the yellow look, but I found that they didn't spin as much as I was used to around the green. I am used to the ProV1 and ProV1x so for my chips and pitches I was getting more run out than I was used to. All in all a great ball, and when I have to buy golf balls (I have a stockpile of 48 ProVs/V1x) these will be high on my list.

A couple of the "purists" were wondering if I was playing a spongebob ball, and they were surprised when I showed them and it was a "tour" level ball. I think there were a couple guys that may try them out in the near future.

Im hooked on these balls. Yesterday I switched to a E6 on hole 16 and didnt care for it at all. Just didnt feel the same and I seemed to actually lose distance and control, which is odd since it was a E6. Just love the yellow look of this ball.

Im hooked on these balls. Yesterday I switched to a E6 on hole 16 and didnt care for it at all. Just didnt feel the same and I seemed to actually lose distance and control, which is odd since it was a E6. Just love the yellow look of this ball.
I LOVE the look of them too, and if I could find someone to trade a dozen Prov's with for a dozen of these I'd do it!

Finally got a doz...
I've played the ZStar off and on, don't love it, but I do like it. I had to try these though!
I have mixed feelings, all are purely pysch, not performance:>)
I love knowing exactly which ball is mine due to the color, but 75% of the time it seems just...weird when I'm standing over the ball ready for a shot. I'll likley keep a few in the bag for occasional use but doubt they'll be my go to ball.

We were paired up with a guy when we played sunday and he hasn't tried the Z Stars so the BF gave him a yellow one to try. A par 5 hole, the hardest hole on the back 9 at over 460 yards. I forgot what kind of driver he was using but he hammered it and eagled the hole!! He was pretty good and there I was just using my irons, lol!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I bought a box of these because I wanted to try something new. I had tried the UR (not sure which one) awhile back and loved them. For awhile I was confusing the two balls. Anyway, I also picked up a box of white ZStars with store credit.

Off the Tee: At first, I felt I was losing distance. Once I found the right ball position, wow. It feels so sweet off the driver. First few times it felt like mush. I wasn't a fan. As stated before though, once I found the right position in my stance the ball just explodes off the driver face. It feels softer than other tour balls, but not too soft. Im to the point where I slice maybe once a round. I find the Z Star stays in line better than most other balls on the slice. When teeing off with irons the feel is sweet. Once again, feels very soft but not too soft. I've increased distance off the tee with irons. They stay straight and it's like throwing darts on the green.

Approach Shots: They stay on the green... When I get it there! I will say, the yellow version feels better for me though. With the yellow ball, I tend to keep my head down more.

Around the green: Fantastic. They feel softer than other tour level balls which for me is easier to control. They do exactly what your swing dictates. There is some give so even on a miss hit the ball doesnt do anything too crazy.

Putting: Takes time to get used too. I liked the hard balls off my current putter better. I think its too soft for the putter I have. This is very subjective and I've been looking at new putters anyway. I took my gf's putter (which doesnt have an insert) the other day and I loved the feel of these balls. Again very subjective and just my opinion.

Overall: I gave this ball 3 rounds. After the first I wanted to drop it. The second round I started warming up. By the third round it is a favorite. But only the yellow version. I stay on the ball more during my swing. It's purely mental on my part. The yellow color stays more visible for me.

I bought a box of these because I wanted to try something new. I had tried the UR (not sure which one) awhile back and loved them. For awhile I was confusing the two balls. Anyway, I also picked up a box of white ZStars with store credit.

Off the Tee: At first, I felt I was losing distance. Once I found the right ball position, wow. It feels so sweet off the driver. First few times it felt like mush. I wasn't a fan. As stated before though, once I found the right position in my stance the ball just explodes off the driver face. It feels softer than other tour balls, but not too soft. Im to the point where I slice maybe once a round. I find the Z Star stays in line better than most other balls on the slice. When teeing off with irons the feel is sweet. Once again, feels very soft but not too soft. I've increased distance off the tee with irons. They stay straight and it's like throwing darts on the green.

Approach Shots: They stay on the green... When I get it there! I will say, the yellow version feels better for me though. With the yellow ball, I tend to keep my head down more.

Around the green: Fantastic. They feel softer than other tour level balls which for me is easier to control. They do exactly what your swing dictates. There is some give so even on a miss hit the ball doesnt do anything too crazy.

Putting: Takes time to get used too. I liked the hard balls off my current putter better. I think its too soft for the putter I have. This is very subjective and I've been looking at new putters anyway. I took my gf's putter (which doesnt have an insert) the other day and I loved the feel of these balls. Again very subjective and just my opinion.

Overall: I gave this ball 3 rounds. After the first I wanted to drop it. The second round I started warming up. By the third round it is a favorite. But only the yellow version. I stay on the ball more during my swing. It's purely mental on my part. The yellow color stays more visible for me.

Great in-depth review! I have been looking at picking up a dozen myself, but I'm still finding it hard to stray from my Callaway tour i(S). I don't need a ball that gives me major distance off of the tee, so my focus is on something that is soft around the greens and has the spin I want on approach shots. The face on my putter is pretty hot (I know where you are coming from with your putter being too soft though, I had a White Hot XG last year for a few months), and therefore a softer ball always works better for me on the green. I'll probably get a dozen of the regular Z Star Yellow here soon and see how they compare to the ball I am currently playing.

Thank you! I won a sleeve of last years Callaway's ball (Tour i) and I loved them. Was looking at the tour i(s) and yellow ZStars. I went with Srixon because I was drawn to the yellow, previous Srixon experience and reviews here. You won't be disappointed with the spin on approach or soft feel around the greens. I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare to the i(S)'s!
Great in-depth review! I have been looking at picking up a dozen myself, but I'm still finding it hard to stray from my Callaway tour i(S). I don't need a ball that gives me major distance off of the tee, so my focus is on something that is soft around the greens and has the spin I want on approach shots. The face on my putter is pretty hot (I know where you are coming from with your putter being too soft though, I had a White Hot XG last year for a few months), and therefore a softer ball always works better for me on the green. I'll probably get a dozen of the regular Z Star Yellow here soon and see how they compare to the ball I am currently playing.

I was planning on trying out the Z-Star anyway, but I might just go for the yellow. The father-in-law will no doubt steal them from me, but I might get one out of the sleeve to test!
Getting bored of playing the Pro V1 just for the sake of it.

I switched to Srixon! Tried out the Z-Star Yellow yesterday on a par 3 course, and this thing held the green as well as the Penta. SW and 49 Niblick shots were backing up 6 feet. Touch around the green is just as soft, the ball pretty much did what I wanted it to. A big plus for me is durability. A few scuffs and wedge marks, but no cutting like I get on the Penta. After 18 holes of wedge abuse, this thing could definetly be played for another few rounds. I also really like the yellow. Easy to spot in the air and when it lands. I dont know how the distance off the tee is compared to the Penta though, as I havent had a chance to compare driving/3wood distances yet. That will probably come on Tuesday. If it's as long as the Penta, it'll be staying in the bag.

Well done Srixon!

Back