Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

Thanks TC! You will have to try one.

JB: Do you see this ball has having more spin off the driver and irons than the Penta? I am getting a little more movement with this than with the Penta.

Less spin off the driver than the Penta, and a little less spin around the greens.

I love these balls but I keep losing them and that makes me :angry: Lost three again yesterday and all were on stupid hooks into the woods. Just dumb shots. But these balls play great all around. Just wish I could find more of them.

Wow, I have not lost any, despite my poor play recently. I just find them so easy to spot. Perhaps FL golf will help you out.

the yellow's not helping huh? hehe

lol not in these woods! I had one that I thought for sure Id be able to see, the woods were pretty open but nothing. Guess I need to learn to say in the fairway huh? lol

JB its all my poor play. I cant fault the balls at all. I just need to stay out of the nasty woods is all.

Love this ball, has just enough spin for me, I play the the star and the starX in yellow depending on the wind, its my official golf ball, I just love the way I can see it rolling on the ground and can just find it everywhere! Now i need someone to make a red one....maybe nike and call it TW sunday ball :clapp:

That brings up a good question. Will there be more balls in more colors? Would you game a black ball or a TW Victory Red? Sounds cool to me.

We reviewed a black ball by Bunker Mentality. It was fair. Could not see the darn thing in the grass though.

I remember that review, not really the best ball if I remember correctly.

I would game a Nike Tour D in red in a New York minute!!! Probably in the minority, sorry for getting off topic.

There is an Edwin Watts down here that has a whole crap load of these and I'm thinking about picking up some. Any of you guys going to the FL outing lemme know.

There is an Edwin Watts down here that has a whole crap load of these and I'm thinking about picking up some. Any of you guys going to the FL outing lemme know.

I might want to take you up on that deal Spank. I havent seen a box of these around me since I grabbed the one I have now. When are you going?

I might want to take you up on that deal Spank. I havent seen a box of these around me since I grabbed the one I have now. When are you going?

I'm headed in that direction on Wednesday. I believe they are $40 plus 6.5% ST. Just PM me by then.

I'm headed in that direction on Wednesday. I believe they are $40 plus 6.5% ST. Just PM me by then.

Ok, you have paypal? Damn ST, thats one thing I love about shoppiong in Delaware.

Ok, you have paypal? Damn ST, thats one thing I love about shoppiong in Delaware.

No I don't. Just let me know how many you want and we'll square up in Sarasota. Yes, I miss living in NJ where there's no ST on clothing and shoes.

JB, I thought you had no love for the RXS because it didnt have enough spin??? what happened???

JB, I thought you had no love for the RXS because it didnt have enough spin??? what happened???

Please do read my review on the main page. The feel off the driver and the feel overall make up for any loss of spin I missed. I love the RX-S. With that said, I also love the Srixon Tour Yellow and the Penta. Cannot go wrong with any of them.

Re: Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow Review

JB,

Out of curiousity what's your driver swing speed? You seem to prefer the zstar over the zstarx and I was curious where your numbers put you? I had never tried the zstar bit have been playing the x for some time now and love them. This weekend I decided to pickup 2 dozen of the zstar in white and yellow to give these a try as I wanted a little more spin as distance wasn't really an issue for me. Also wanted to give the tour yellows one more shot to see if it was only the conditions I was playing in that made them difficult to see.

I have a ss of around 107 and while I know srixon recommends the x model for me I wanted to see how the zstarx performed within 100 yds.

My SS is around 95mph. I can get it up to 103-105, but no real reason for me to swing that hard and risk losing accuracy. I go with a nice controlled swing at 95 and it works well for me.

Please do read my review on the main page. The feel off the driver and the feel overall make up for any loss of spin I missed. I love the RX-S. With that said, I also love the Srixon Tour Yellow and the Penta. Cannot go wrong with any of them.

I love both zstar and zstarX in yellow, my SS is around 112-118, i pretty much go after it, i see no reason not to, but before the srixon balls i played the Penta and One Tour D, all of these balls have great stopping power for the one hop and check is great, bought the RXS but couldnt get the one hop and check nor the high flop come down soft and stop, it always trickled out.....i love golf balls, I think its the only thing that can dramatically change your game....other than being properly fit of course....

I found a zstar x and loved it and bought a dozen of them because they said little firmer and more distance. I haven't tried the non x model.
Question I have is my swing not 105+ its around 95-100 do I need to switch to the non x. Is there much difference between the two.
I may just need to play both and see.
Thanks

We have a review of these on the home page both yellow and non-yellow. Some prefer the harder compression ball of the X.

Thanks i have read the review and it is a good review. I still don't understand the swing speed thing the non x is 85 and tour players are using it I guess because it is softer and spins more. The x model is 105 but feels little firmer and maybe more distance and still have some spin. I'm just confused thanks for always answering questions.
I believe they need to take the swing speed off the packages I believe this is where everyone is getting confused by. At least I am.

It is really no different than the Pro V1 vs Pro V1x debate. SS is purely just one part of the equation and used for marketing purposes for most brands. It shows that people with slower SS's can still get the benefits based on compression.

At our Georgia Golf Outting SethO handed me a one of these golf balls and I absolutely loved it! I dont typically play a nice golf ball because I cant afford it. This would be one golf ball I would game for sure. These guys checked up on the greens very nicely. I actually played this ball at Old Union for 7 holes and lost it on the 8th tee box. This was a very easy course to lose a ball on, the rough came up to Bamas chest! sorry Bama, you know I dont mean that!

At our Georgia Golf Outting SethO handed me a one of these golf balls and I absolutely loved it! I dont typically play a nice golf ball because I cant afford it. This would be one golf ball I would game for sure. These guys checked up on the greens very nicely. I actually played this ball at Old Union for 7 holes and lost it on the 8th tee box. This was a very easy course to lose a ball on, the rough came up to Bamas chest! sorry Bama, you know I dont mean that!

how did you lose it on the 8th tee? off the tee, or on the tee?

Finally tried these today. I think I like the Penta Better, but I love the color. I could follow the ball flight even in overcast skies. I usually lose the ball in clouds, and often can't see the drive land. With these you could follow the flight all the way down. Have there been other premium ball in colors before? I know years ago there was a big fad for colored balls, but it seems those were top flites and that type of ball.

Back