Before my back went gonky on me today I hit the Mini off the tee a couple of times, both with surprising results. One was a short, into a 10mph wind dogleg left. I can turn over the Mini with more control than my regular driver. I hit a low draw on purpose. Expecting it to run out to 230- 240 ish. No, it ran out to 277 as the crow flies. Mind you, I am long hitting for my 63 yrs, but 277 into a 10 mph wind is rare territory, much less with a 13.5⁰ Mini driver... the other surprise came trying to lay up downwind of a small pond. Pond is 250 to the front, 260 to carry. My regular driver carry plus roll is 263, so laying up made sense. Till I carried the hazard with my down wind Mini Driver "layup"...

I'm curious if anyone that has the 11.5* head has cranked it down to 9.5* with the heavy weight in front and given it a go against their driver

I switched my weights around today and put the heavy weight up front and lofted up to 14.5. What a treat. I was smashing FW’s at about 245 today with a flatter trajectory and a slight fade. Pretty much exactly what I want. Hitting i of the deck was relatively easy as well. I was going to mess around with shafts, but the stock UST is a great fit for me.

Not messing with mine at all. Heavy weight back, set to 13.5*. Like its performance off the deck, LOVE it off the tee. Love the shaft. Only thing I’m going to do is change the grip to a GP CP2 Wrap.

Not messing with mine at all. Heavy weight back, set to 13.5*. Like its performance off the deck, LOVE it off the tee. Love the shaft. Only thing I’m going to do is change the grip to a GP CP2 Wrap.
Dang like we are twins. I put a jumbo CP2 on mine set the same way.

i played a shorter distance this past weekend and ended up hitting this a lot off the tee. most of the flight was a low spin pronounced draw that i don't love, but i had to hit a couple straighter shots on tough driving holes with trouble everywhere, and pulled off some really nice shots. i still have an itch to change the diamana tb shaft for something more stable like ventus tr blue. but it was definitely a really good showing for the club.

Not quite twins. I’m standard size CP2. 😝
Yea. My arthritis appreciates not having to close my hand so far. Gained a couple of yards through the bag when I got away from the standard size.

I have Kyle from Loggerhead trying to locate me a BRNR Mini with a Lin-Q Blue shaft.

I have Kyle from Loggerhead trying to locate me a BRNR Mini with a Lin-Q Blue shaft.
What loft? I totally dig the 13.5 and could see the 11.5 as a total driver replacement.

i played a shorter distance this past weekend and ended up hitting this a lot off the tee. most of the flight was a low spin pronounced draw that i don't love, but i had to hit a couple straighter shots on tough driving holes with trouble everywhere, and pulled off some really nice shots. i still have an itch to change the diamana tb shaft for something more stable like ventus tr blue. but it was definitely a really good showing for the club.
My “pronounced draw” (hook) with this club went away when I teed it lower, with only a quarter to a third of the ball above the top of the face.

What loft? I totally dig the 13.5 and could see the 11.5 as a total driver replacement.
11.5° with the heavy weight up front

Can anyone advise about the shaft type on the BRNR in terms of either the Regular or Stiff?

I'm about 8 months into Golf, so my swing speed is not that fast yet...as such, I just purchased a Regular.

It's arrived, but it feels way more bendy than my other clubs, and I'm wondering if I have made the wrong decision and should have gone Stiff instead?

I use Taylormade M2 3/5 Woods currently with Regular shafts, but they feel a lot stiffer than this BRNR.

I'm going to the range tonight to give it a hit, but any advise would be welcome as I may swap it to a Stiff.

Shaft flex is more about how sudden your transition from back swing to down swing is than how fast your top speed is. IE I can still swing in the low 100s on good back days but play a R because back in the 70's I learned to have a very slight pause at the top of the swing.

Last edited:
Can anyone advise about the shaft type on the BRNR in terms of either the Regular or Stiff?

I'm about 8 months into Golf, so my swing speed is not that fast yet...as such, I just purchased a Regular.

It's arrived, but it feels way more bendy than my other clubs, and I'm wondering if I have made the wrong decision and should have gone Stiff instead?

I use Taylormade M2 3/5 Woods currently with Regular shafts, but they feel a lot stiffer than this BRNR.

I'm going to the range tonight to give it a hit, but any advise would be welcome as I may swap it to a Stiff.
I bought the S. I have a pretty aggressive transition and it works great. My SS is about 100. Not going to be a big difference from the R & S in my opinion. Its a great shaft combination for this head. If I were you, i would hit it before you made any decisions.

I bought the S. I have a pretty aggressive transition and it works great. My SS is about 100. Not going to be a big difference from the R & S in my opinion. Its a great shaft combination for this head. If I were you, i would hit it before you made any decisions.
I am currently trying to locate a BRNR Mini with the Lin-Q Blue or HZRDUS Black shaft in it.

I'm gonna go by PGA Superstore in MB this weekend to see if they have one in stock. If not, I'm going to order one from TaylorMade.

This club is so easy to hit. I love this release.

I'm gonna go by PGA Superstore in MB this weekend to see if they have one in stock. If not, I'm going to order one from TaylorMade.
Good call.
This club is so easy to hit. I love this release.
Heck yes. My 13.5 is my go to downwind on any hole when the wind is over a steady 10mph. Throw it up in the air and it goes forever. Hit one today with a 15 or so mph tailwind that went 282 with hardly any roll out. And I'm an old fart....

Just placed my order for an 11.5° BRNR Mini! Happy Birthday to me!

Funny coincidence, I got an email from TM saying the BRNR Mini was back in stock. They also said they were giving a discount for military. I clicked on it and the discount applied to policemen, firemen, first responders, and teachers. I got 20% my order and free shipping. Good thing I didn’t purchase it this morning at PGA Superstore.

You’re gonna love it. Mine is a keeper!

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpegIMG_0717.jpegIMG_0718.jpegIMG_0723.jpegIMG_0719.jpegIMG_0720.jpegIMG_0722.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 3
Beast mode engaged!
IMG_0724.jpeg

Back