🤷‍♂️ only one way to find out
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I can hit mine off the deck. Not great but I can do it.
I can hit my 13.5 300 Mini off the deck as well, it’s lofted to around 15 I think, but to me that’s the big question with the proposed setup above

Would it be weird to game an 11.5° as a driver, then loft up the 13.5° to be fairway wood?
If you are hitting a good window with the 11.5 as your driver then a lofted up 13.5 is doable IMO.

I played 18 yesterday and got to hit my 13.5 5 times. 3/4 FIR’s and a nice blast from the deck into a par 5. I haven’t even been putting the ball on a tee when I “tee” off. It is really easy to hit it off the deck. My shortest shot was 231 and my longest was 268. Such a surprise for me this year.

Swapped the light 1.5g weight for a 6g weight. That should put the swing weight at D4. I purchased the weight off of Amazon. Replacement weight fit fine, but the screw was a smaller torx size.😒

I can hit my 13.5 300 Mini off the deck as well, it’s lofted to around 15 I think, but to me that’s the big question with the proposed setup above
I can hit a snake raper off the deck with my 13.5 from the fairway. 10' off the ground, 190-200 ish carry and 40 yards of roll out. Great in the wind.
Off a fluffly 1st cut or sitting up in the rough I can kill it..... Mind you I am not one of your high speed swing guys any more. If I am swinging the mini at 90-95 its a feel good back pain day........

Has anyone actually demo'd the BRNR or just had to buy it to try it?

There are no places that actually carries the BRNR in stock around my area.

Just buy it. You wont be disappointed. I often don't even carry the full size driver on courses under 6300. 13.5 mini is all I need and it let's me carry some more versatility in the approach clubs.

Last edited:

I guess I'm lucky with a local shop having them in for demo.

I demoed it at my Golf Galaxy before buying. Awesome club.

I was fit into it.

Would it be weird to game an 11.5° as a driver, then loft up the 13.5° to be fairway wood?
All I can hit off the deck on a tight fairway lie with the 13.5 is a snake raper. If it gets up 40' I did well. But a fluffy rough lie its like cheating. BOOM!

What I came here to say was that the 13.5* Mini is pushing the TSR and G430 out of the bag for a while. Last 3 days I have played 82 holes. Hit 72% if the fairways, put no balls out of play, and averaged 243 yards. My misses weren't by much either but for a couple of the "H" word that rears its head on me when I want to turn one a bit more than normal. With my back aching so badly with this weather that is just amazing to me. Even more amazing is that this is almost all carry, talk about throwing darts.. I don't see this club going anywhere any time soon.

I'm going to try with the heavy weight in front for the first time this week. 13.5*. Love it with the heavy weight in back. Anyone playing it with heavy front?

Been playing this at 14.25 in the upright setting. I’m actually hitting it further and straighter than ever. This is just a great club.

TM Mini drivers the lat 4+ years have always taken up the 3w spot in my bag as a fairway finder and bc I dont need a 3w....Maybe for a separate thread/topic but I saw PXG coming out with a mini driver that has mini weights and that will be a game changer for me!!!

Ive found the mini drivers to be pretty low spin and a touch draw biased. If that PXG comes to retail, the ability to load weight in the toe and back will be huge!

I'm looking to get one of these. The 13.5 degree Ive had in my hands at PGA store. I was looking for fairway wood with a large head and this is pretty much it. I plan on using it off the tee and I like the 1.5 " shorter shaft.

P
I'm looking to get one of these. The 13.5 degree Ive had in my hands at PGA store. I was looking for fairway wood with a large head and this is pretty much it. I plan on using it off the tee and I like the 1.5 " shorter shaft.
Very good tee option. And it's hot, I hit it a lot further than I would think the loft and shaft length would hit it.

What set up/loft is best for strictly using it off the tee for distance?

What set up/loft is best for strictly using it off the tee for distance?
Depends upon the player, but ostensibly it would be the 11⁰ with the heavy weight in front.

Back