TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

I think I'd go crazy if I didn't have a GG to go and use like my personal hitting store lol.

Kev, does your GG have nice nets to hit into as well as bays with launch monitors? Our GG sucks, but the newish Golfsmith is fantastic with both those things. I'm kind of afraid to go and hit these. Me or my daughter. I can't really afford a set at the moment. Much less two.

Kevin

At least you guys have the option to go in there and hit stuff. Being a lefty blows in that regard. I never feel bad for demo'ing demo equipment. That's what it's there for.

At least you guys have the option to go in there and hit stuff. Being a lefty blows in that regard. I never feel bad for demo'ing demo equipment. That's what it's there for.

Just make a quick flight up here and we can go play a round or two and you can game the R11;s

Just make a quick flight up here and we can go play a round or two and you can game the R11;s

It would be so much easier if you just sent them to me.

It would be so much easier if you just sent them to me.

True, but then I would be left with very little play with.

I finally got to see these in person last night at Dick's. They looked really nice overall, but having played the Pro Combo's for the last few months with their really thin top line, I couldn't help but notice how thick the top line looked. It would take a while to get used to looking down at that again. Also, it wasn't just the R11's that looked that way - almost every iron i pulled off the wall looked big and thick compared to what I am hitting now.

Even though I didn't have a chance try them last night, I still really want to, but I want to do it at the place where I bought my Nike's because they have an outdoor grass range that you can try stuff on. I can't help but think that they will be more forgiving than my current irons. I really like my Nike's, but all these review really have me thinking.

Also, I found out that there is a Taylormade Performance Center Lab in Chicago, so if I like them after demoing them I really want to go up there to go through their fitting process. Has anyone else gone through one of their fittings?

Gigantic writeup of the TMPL experience in Chicago here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...e-Lab-in-Olympia-Fields-Country-Club-Illinois

Brave of you to admit that on a public forum.

Kevin

I've come to terms with it kevin, if it wasn't for the wonderful shafts on my R11 irons, I'm shaftless.

Kev, does your GG have nice nets to hit into as well as bays with launch monitors? Our GG sucks, but the newish Golfsmith is fantastic with both those things. I'm kind of afraid to go and hit these. Me or my daughter. I can't really afford a set at the moment. Much less two.

Kevin

My GG has one hitting bay with a sim and one net for the launch monitor. They both suck. Theres always more people then hitting bays too. I'm surprised you didn't get these for the MC. Or did you?

My GG has one hitting bay with a sim and one net for the launch monitor. They both suck. Theres always more people then hitting bays too. I'm surprised you didn't get these for the MC. Or did you?

CBs. Had them all picked out before we knew the R11s were an option. Decided to stick with my original choice. I'm really happy with the short irons. Like really, really happy. You saw me hit them. But I continue to struggle a bit with the 4-6 irons. It's a swing issue, though. I know exactly what I'm doing with them, but can't seem to stop.

Kevin

My club does not have them to demo, I will stop by GG or Golfsmith and hit them soon.
/QUOTE]
VA. Vince: How did your testing go? Per the video below from Mark Crossfield the R11s are almost identical to the TB-CBs. His opinion is these clubs are more about branding than filling a slot in their irons range.

Mark Crossfield is very wrong about this.

/QUOTE]

Mark Crossfield is very wrong about this.

I dont know who Mark is and dont care, I am a TM guy and cant wait to hit them. I have hit almost every brand out there and TM just seems to work for me. WORD!

I dont know who Mark is and dont care, I am a TM guy and cant wait to hit them. I have hit almost every brand out there and TM just seems to work for me. WORD!

BAM! Awesome stuff, they are awesome, NUFF SAID!

I Tried all tm irons - r11 and all the TPs. So far I like the tp cb better. I'll give the r11 another shot based on the reviews here. Otherwise I am set on the cb - I really like them. I am longer with the cb by a few yards. I have also a better feel with them. I find the r11 to be a bit bigger than the cb. Funny some folks say they look the same. I do not get that impression.
I suppose I have to try them again - just to be sure.

I had another opportunity to hit the demo set of R11's at our club and came away even more impressed than last time. I cannot believe how well I'm hitting the 4 thru 6 irons which are my weakness while the 7 thru AW are just automatic. The dispersion on these irons is so tight I'm just firing at pins. On all 4 par 3's today I ballmarked my tee ball between 15 and 38 inches of the flag, absolutely money.

The best part of these clubs is that when you pure one they just feel great while a toe hit will rattle the hands a bit but it won't kill you - minimal distance and dispersion lost. The club has all the forgiveness of a GI without the large clumsy head and thick topline. I'm sold on them and will buy a set this week if Sunday's round is even half as good as today's.

Good looking irons, hit some on the range today. They feel great.

I hit the R11's decent today. I'm not sure why, but I am pulling full shots with these irons. I had a hard pitching wedge onto a par 3 today and pulled it 30 yards left. I was thinking it's the indian, but I didn't pull any drives or wedges today. I fell back into my "knockdown" game and didn't pull them quite as bad. I hope to get in a small range session tomorrow and compare hard swings with these and my old irons. I love everything about these irons, but the hard pulls and heavy draws are a little annoying.

I did manage to get one video today. I had a PW in hand and held the face open to see what happened. Instead of pulling it 30 yards, I pushed it 20. You can hear how good the R11's sound at impact though.
[YOUTUBE]OMyLPtRjjUw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the video DD, those sound awesome, you have a great swing dude

I hit the R11's decent today. I'm not sure why, but I am pulling full shots with these irons. I had a hard pitching wedge onto a par 3 today and pulled it 30 yards left. I was thinking it's the indian, but I didn't pull any drives or wedges today. I fell back into my "knockdown" game and didn't pull them quite as bad. I hope to get in a small range session tomorrow and compare hard swings with these and my old irons. I love everything about these irons, but the hard pulls and heavy draws are a little annoying.

I did manage to get one video today. I had a PW in hand and held the face open to see what happened. Instead of pulling it 30 yards, I pushed it 20. You can hear how good the R11's sound at impact though.
[YOUTUBE]OMyLPtRjjUw[/YOUTUBE]

Interesting. So you got a case of the pulls going on with the R11's huh? Curious what happens with your range session tomorrow.

Screw the pulls. That swing looked really good. Post one down the line tomorrow. Maybe you're coming just a tad over the top.

But really, your swing looks so good I'm a little nauseated.

Kevin

Interesting. So you got a case of the pulls going on with the R11's huh? Curious what happens with your range session tomorrow.

Yeah. Pulls and heavy draws and some pulls with draws. Basically a big case of the lefts. Knockdowns are only a little left. I have my matchplay league bright and early and plan to hit the range tomorrow evening. I will update after.

Screw the pulls. That swing looked really good. Post one down the line tomorrow. Maybe you're coming just a tad over the top.

But really, your swing looks so good I'm a little nauseated.

Kevin

That was my thoughts too. When I start coming over the top I usually pull my irons to the left like that. But my swing doesnt look nearly as nauseating as DJ's though.

Back